Thread: Glitch-Life program

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Re: Glitch-Life program

Quote Originally Posted by BenPillpips View Post
    gsrand.exe is there for one second and gets deleted, not sure if its my computer thinking its a virus, but that seems like a possibility.
    Download the version in this post if your AV is deleting it:
    http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...l=1#post522080

I use mpress to compress the executable and that apparently triggers a red flag for some programs.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Hey Mr. W00tguy, I hope you read this because I've got nowhere else to ask this.

So all is good, I got Half Life 1 today, got Sven 4.8 up and running, and gsrand.exe (v5) in the svencoop_addon folder.

gsrand has no problem finding all the assets it needs and generating random maps, it's just that as soon as I launch Sven Co-Op (from the shortcut created by the installer), It loads all the maps except for the gsrand_ ones. On that dropdown list only the default maps are listed and a 'map gsrand_c0a0' in the command promp spits out a message saying the map doesn't exist.

I know how to install custom content on Half Life no problem. I've just never used Sven. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, and the map prefix it set to the default gsrand_ on the randomizer's GUI.

I think you might need to use Sven Co-op 5.0 with gsrand v5 or else content won't be found/generated properly. I'm not sure, but I think the "svencoop_addon" content folder was added after SC 4.8.

If you don't want to switch to SC 5.0, then try gsrand v4.1 or move the generated maps to either "Half-Life/svenoop/maps" or "Half-Life/svencoop_downloads/maps".
    Love,
    w00tguy

OMG! i chocked from this amazing work

Hey W00t, I am having a problem where the program (gsrand.exe) isn't finding any maps, I have the folders in my svencoop_addon folder, I had the config text file set to randomize all half-life campaign maps (not classic), and I have tried running the .exe as administrator. If you can do anything that would be great and I thank you for all your hard work on this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimeproductions View Post
    Hey W00t, I am having a problem where the program (gsrand.exe) isn't finding any maps, I have the folders in my svencoop_addon folder, I had the config text file set to randomize all half-life campaign maps (not classic), and I have tried running the .exe as administrator. If you can do anything that would be great and I thank you for all your hard work on this mod.
    Make sure the path to the program is "/Sven Co-op/svencoop_addon/gsrand.exe". You said the "folders" were in svencoop_addon but the program should be in the root of svencoop_addon.

If you're not using gsrand v5 (or Sven Co-op 5.0) then move the program and configs to the "svencoop" folder.

Does it find maps when you use the default config, or if you delete everything under "[maps]"? You could try copying the half-life BSPs from "/svencoop/maps/ to "/svencoop_addon/maps/" to make sure nothing weird is happening.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Make sure the path to the program is "/Sven Co-op/svencoop_addon/gsrand.exe". You said the "folders" were in svencoop_addon but the program should be in the root of svencoop_addon.

If you're not using gsrand v5 (or Sven Co-op 5.0) then move the program and configs to the "svencoop" folder.

Does it find maps when you use the default config, or if you delete everything under "[maps]"? You could try copying the half-life BSPs from "/svencoop/maps/ to "/svencoop_addon/maps/" to make sure nothing weird is happening.
    It is starting to find maps after I put the program and the config files in the svencoop_addon, thanks

So, for some reason, I keep getting low gravity whenever I use the program, anyone know why?

Yes, there is a setting for random gravity which is enabled by default:

https://github.com/wootguy/Glitch-Li...config.txt#L92
    Love,
    w00tguy

Hi,

I've tried the glitch-life program today and the program has been crashed during texture extraction from the following maps:

ALIENSEXFIEND.bsp, alien_outpost.bsp, alluahackbar.bsp, alluahackbar2.bsp
    ally.bsp, annihilation.bsp, aomdc_1afterforest.bsp, aomdc_1afterforest_fix.bsp
    aomdc_1angforest.bsp, aomdc_1backalley.bsp, aomdc_1carforest.bsp, aomdc_1city.bsp
    aomdc_1city2.bsp, aomdc_1cityx.bsp, aomdc_1darkalley.bsp, aomdc_1end.bsp
    aomdc_1forest2.bsp, aomdc_1forest3.bsp, aomdc_1forhouse.bsp, aomdc_1garage.bsp
    aomdc_1heaven1.bsp, aomdc_1heaven2.bsp, aomdc_1hospital.bsp, aomdc_1hospital2.bsp
    aomdc_1hospital_fix.bsp, aomdc_1intro.bsp, aomdc_1nightmare.bsp, aomdc_1ridingcar.bsp
    aomdc_1sewer.bsp, aomdc_1training.bsp, aomdc_2afterforest_fix.bsp,, aomdc_2angforest.bsp
    aomdc_2arforest.bsp, aomdc_2backalley.bsp, aomdc_2city2.bsp, aomdc_2city3.bsp
    aomdc_2darkalley.bsp, aomdc_2end.bsp, aomdc_2forest2.bsp, aomdc_2forest3.bsp
    aomdc_2forhouse.bsp, aomdc_2garage.bsp, aomdc_2heaven1.bsp, aomdc_2heaven2.bsp
    aomdc_2hospital.bsp, aomdc_2hospital2.bsp, aomdc_2intro.bsp, aomdc_2nightmare.bsp
    aomdc_2sewer.bsp, aomdc_2sick.bsp, aomdc_2sick2.bsp, aomdc_2sorgarden.bsp
    aomdc_2sorgarden2.bsp, aomdc_2training.bsp, aomdc_3afterforest_fix.bsp,, aomdc_3angforest.bsp
    aomdc_3arforest.bsp, aomdc_3backalley.bsp, aomdc_3city2.bsp, aomdc_3city3.bsp
    aomdc_3city4.bsp, aomdc_3cityz.bsp, aomdc_3darkalley.bsp, aomdc_3end.bsp
    aomdc_3forest2.bsp, aomdc_3forest3.bsp, aomdc_3forhouse.bsp, aomdc_3garage.bsp
    aomdc_3heaven1.bsp, aomdc_3heaven2.bsp, aomdc_3hospital.bsp, aomdc_3hospital2.bsp
    aomdc_3intro.bsp, aomdc_3nightmare.bsp, aomdc_3sewer.bsp, aomdc_3sick.bsp
    aomdc_3sick2.bsp, aomdc_3sorgarden.bsp, aomdc_3sorgarden2.bsp, aomdc_3training.bsp
    aomdc_4end.bsp, aomdc_4mother.bsp, aomdc_lobby.bsp, AoM_hub.bsp
    arcad2_v1.bsp, arcade.bsp, arcad_2v1.bsp, arcad_v1.bsp
    arctic2_HA.bsp, arctic3_ha.bsp, arctic_ha.bsp, area_zero.bsp

It seems, something is wrong with maps - or - there are unconsidered definitions, which which are not have intended during the development...

Make sure you're using version 5. There was a crash related to textures fixed in that version.

I tested against those maps but it seems to be working for me, although I was missing these maps:
    Code:
    alien_outpost.bsp
    AoM_hub.bsp
    It's possible the crash is caused by one of those maps but I don't know where to find them.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567