Thread: People having trouble Registering on forums, waiting a week for verification emails

Exclamation People having trouble Registering on forums, waiting a week for verification emails

hey I just wanted to let you guys know I know of at least 2 cases now where people have had unnessiarily long wait times to join our precious forums.

One had to wait a week for a verification email(really, a week?), and this other person who has tried to join the forums, got no verification email, emailed you guys and never got a response. he had to add me on steam to ask to join ragemap 3 due to his registeration problems. he did not check his spam folder in time as you will see, but he also tried to email you guys using the official forms and has gotten no response.

I figured you guys should know incase other people have tried to join the forums but were unable to due to these or other errors. Also can you please try to fix Verification emails going into SPAM folder in Gmail? that's probly prevented a lot of people from joining the forums

Thanks in advance, not trying to be a nit or mean, I just want everyone to be able to join the forums have a good time and contribute positively to our community

Keen: by the way you didn't
    Keen: register with a YAHOO email
    Keen: did you
    Zadeon: no
    Zadeon: gmail
    Keen: ok cool, yahoo emails are banned now i guess because of spammers
    Zadeon: ahaha
    Keen: and you cheked your spam folders and such
    Keen: for the svencoop verification?
    Keen: it goes there sometimes
    Keen: a lot of the time ,actually
    Zadeon: hmm, let me check now
    Keen: yeah would be good before i make the post about the problems kek
    Zadeon: none in the last 30 days, gmail deletes them after that so it could have been sent a while back and I didn't notice :/
    Zadeon: I did send another email a few days ago
    Keen: where did you send it
    Keen: which account
    Zadeon: I used this with my current account http://forums.svencoop.com/sendmessage.php
    Zadeon: account name is the same
    Keen: ok mind if i mention your name in the post ?
    Zadeon: sure
    Keen: kk, posting
    Zadeon: I mean I don't mind go ahead and post it
    Zadeon:
    Keen: :3

Manager

Re: People having trouble Registering on forums, waiting a week for verification emai

Thanks for reporting this. We were already aware that approving new members is taking more time than necessary, but it's good to be reminded that there is a problem. The admin team will have to put in more effort and check for new members daily.

Manager

Re: People having trouble Registering on forums, waiting a week for verification emai

We have disabled the user approval requirement as you're right, it did sometimes take up to a week for an admin to notice (and action) a new user.

As this will likely allow spam bots to register I'd be grateful if our regular users could be vigilant of obvious spam bots, and use the report button "!" (to the left of the post under the user details) when a spam bot makes a post. This is until we work out a more ideal solution for spam bot protection.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    As this will likely allow spam bots to register I'd be grateful if our regular users could be vigilant of obvious spam bots, and use the report button "!" (to the left of the post under the user details) when a spam bot makes a post. This is until we work out a more ideal solution for spam bot protection.
    Will do. But could you please make those buttons more visible? I see them dark-gray and i can't almost notice them. In fact i didn't know that button existed until you said so.
    Sven Co-op - Player, enthusiast, alien-reaper, Shotgun-lover
    Sven Co-op Forums - Addict, spam-hater, playing 5.0 a lot
    In-game name - Delacroix

Hello, I am the person that Keen talked with. I still cannot post in any other threads except for the ones in announcements. Also, I still cannot make changes to my profile like avatar and such. Could this be fixed soon so I may be able to post regularly here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zadeon View Post
    Hello, I am the person that Keen talked with. I still cannot post in any other threads except for the ones in announcements. Also, I still cannot make changes to my profile like avatar and such. Could this be fixed soon so I may be able to post regularly here?
    That's weird. Never heard of someone having that problem. I guess they'll help you with that soon.
    Sven Co-op - Player, enthusiast, alien-reaper, Shotgun-lover
    Sven Co-op Forums - Addict, spam-hater, playing 5.0 a lot
    In-game name - Delacroix

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Zadeon View Post
    Hello Zadeon,

For some reason your account was still awaiting email confirmation. I've moved you to the registered users group so you should be able to use the our forums as usual. Sorry for the delay there, enjoy your stay.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Nothing to see here. BackAssward's Avatar

Email confirmations do sometimes go to the spam folder for some reason. :/

Thanks AdamR. Everything looks fine now!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    Hello Zadeon,

For some reason your account was still awaiting email confirmation. I've moved you to the registered users group so you should be able to use the our forums as usual. Sorry for the delay there, enjoy your stay.
    thanks for fixing this Adam!

you will note that I did mention that his confirmation might have been deleted after 30 days in the spam folder in the original post so perhaps you could set up a system that sends out another confirmation after 30 days of someone not replying? thanks again!

Another idea which I think really needs to be considered is someone needs to contact Google and tell them that we are not a spam worthy site a lot of people will be registering on these forums after 5.0 is released!

edit: people may indeed check their spam folders but not all of them will. GOOGLE IS THE NEW GOD WE MUST COEXIST WITH HIM OR HER OR BE DESTROYED < Joke, I hope. Fak.
    Last edited by CryoKeen; 12-05-2015 at 06:59 AM.