Thread: Scorched Battalion

Manager

Scorched Battalion

Hi all,

As some of you know, I've been having some neck problems over the past 2+ years which have made it difficult to use a computer for any substantial length of time. Last month things began to improve after some changes in physiotherapy etc., and I recklessly entered this Game Jam, expecting to most likely need to drop out part-way.

Things went unusually well, though. My neck actually continued to improve as the contest progressed and, together with my two brothers, I was able to complete something more ambitious than I'd initially thought possible. My neck even stood up to some 20 hour days towards the end of the contest, when 20 minutes had previously been problematic. I'm pretty happy about that.

Scorched Battalion is a virtual-reality artillery game with a twist. If you happen to have an Oculus Rift or Samsung Gear VR headset, you can try it yourself using one of the links on this page. A video is also available, here. Community voting is currently open, so don't forget to vote for your favourite entry if appropriate . The voting link is on the right -- if it asks you developer questions, you can scroll to the bottom and click "I'm a voter" to skip them.

A news post with new Sven Co-op 5.0 information is coming very, very shortly, so be sure to check back soon. Best wishes to all of you, and to the team, who have been putting a huge amount of effort into getting 5.0 released!
    Last edited by Sven Viking; 16-05-2015 at 02:06 PM.
    Sven Viking

Artist

Re: Scorched Battalion

Didnt know you had neck problems but I am glad, things are getting better. That game looks really cool. Sadly I dont have a VR-device but I am sure to get one, once they hit market.

+1 for VR in SC
    ZN progress:

Cant wait for seven coop 5.0 to come out. Been playing the game since 4.5! Please take your time, and try it make it the best of the best, of the past releases.

I hope your neck get better!

Carlos

Holy crap this is pretty amazing stuff Sven!! I love VR/AR games! Voting Sven for the win!

edit:deleted erroneous statements, VIDEO BELOW, LINK ABOVE TO LOGIN AND VOTE YOLOSWAG

Last edited by CryoKeen; 17-05-2015 at 03:31 AM.

Manager

Thanks, everyone!
    Sven Viking

Manager

Scorched Battalion was just selected as a finalist, by the way, which means it'll be played by a panel of unusually impressive judges including John Carmack. It was also featured here.
    Sven Viking

Manager

Thumbs up Re: Scorched Battalion

Update: Scorched Battalion won Silver in the VR Jam(!) There's an updated trailer at the link.
    Sven Viking

Congratulations! I someday hope to have one of those VR for myself.
    Sven Co-op - Player, enthusiast, alien-reaper, Shotgun-lover
    Sven Co-op Forums - Addict, spam-hater, playing 5.0 a lot
    In-game name - Delacroix

Artist

Congratulations on the silver medal!
    ZN progress: