Thread: Game freezes/crashes on "Parsing Game Info"

Exclamation Game freezes/crashes on "Parsing Game Info"

I did try the solution that is found here but that didn't help at all .Somebody pl0x help me

Tester

Re: Game freezes/crashes on "Parsing Game Info"

Some additional information may help us narrow down a solution, or make suggestions.

- Is this a new problem ? (i.e. was it working before but the problem started recently or a new "first time clean install".)
    - Have you tried updating Half Life via Steam ? (HL required for SC 4.8)
    - Where did you get the install files for sven-coop 4.8 ? (People have reported some of the links have resulted in problem installs)
    - Which OS are you running?
    - Is this happening for both Internet Servers (HLDS) and if you try loading a map from a local/Listen Server ?
    - What Software Firewall(s) are you using, if any ?
    - Can you tell us what your Router Firewall setting are ?
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

-Well, it worked fine a long time ago with a nosteam half-life but I finally got half life for steam and this happens.
    -Yeah half-life is updated and all.
    -From moddb
    -Windows 7 64bit
    -Yeah both internet and local servers
    -I have windows firewall, does kaspersky internet security count?
    -Where do I check them from?

We cannot do much without better information. Here is how to get it. Right click Sven Co-op in Steam. Select Properties -> Set launch options. Enter +developer 1 -condebug there and then run SC until it hangs/crashes again.

Where SC is installed, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life\svencoop\, there will be a file called qconsole.txt. Check the bottom of that file for the reason why SC hangs.

I didn't find it in Svencoop folder but in Half-life folder but I think it's the one your talking about

http://textuploader.com/w5yj

Manager

That looks ok to me. How long did you wait on the parsing server info screen? Usually this part completes fine and the step after (where your client pre-caches everything) is what takes a long time. I usually find that I have to wait a minute or two the first time I play Sven Co-op since restarting my computer, but subsequent map changes happen nearly instantly.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Ohh...Wow, I guess the Big Bad ERROR was actually my impetience all along....

Well, sorry for wasting your time guys. It's just that it never happend to me before in any other half-life mod and stuff...

Manager

Well, it might not be that. I'm just making a calculated guess from my experience. Did your game load fine afterwards?

Also that's ok, it's no problem responding to well written issue reports.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Yeah, it worked fine. All I had to do was to wait 1 minutes.

I had a great game just now

Nothing to see here. BackAssward's Avatar

Yeah, I have an odd issue and only a few of us have it: The first time it runs it can take a few minutes to start (even on fast machines). But if it loads and you exit, after that it loads up quite fast.

I usually blame myself, because I constantly mess with my machine, more than most do.

Quote Originally Posted by BackAssward View Post
    Yeah, I have an odd issue and only a few of us have it: The first time it runs it can take a few minutes to start (even on fast machines). But if it loads and you exit, after that it loads up quite fast.

I usually blame myself, because I constantly mess with my machine, more than most do.
    If it's the first time the server has run that map, it may very well be building the node graph. I have just rebuilt my HLDS and exactly this happens - the server console is spammed with "Please wait..." msgs and it can take 30 or 40 seconds sometimes, during which time players trying to join time out as the server is not responding. Worse that that, the server monitor kicks in and reboots the thing whilst it's still working.. x[

I have also had this error happen a LOT lately when playing svencoop. Sometimes if I wait it fixes it. Sometimes I don't seem to be willing to wait for more than 2 minutes and cancel rejoin and it works, weird