Thread: Restriction (V1.0)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Restriction (V1.0)

Download the maps on SCmapDB

Hello Sven Co-op,

After several years of developpement, our map serie is finally ready to be released!
    We've spent a lot of time and efforts into this serie of maps, now that we reach the end of it, we're releasing a first playable version to get more feedback from the community.

"Restriction" has started around 2010, as a single map project that was not intended to be anything as great as it has become with time. With the help of a handful of brave modders (Sautreel, DGF, Crampman, Trempler, and more), this project greatly growed up to become one of the most ambitious map series for Sven Co-op at this day. Unfortunately, due to the lack of time on everyone's side, we hardly made progress in the last couple years. And we struggled to make this happen.

Because none of us had enough time to be fully invested into the project, we aimed to release the map as soon as possible. This first version is not perfect, still have a lot of flaws and it certainly not the final product we expected to offer you.

But it works, and we hope you will enjoy your time in our maps..!

Map description:

"Restriction" is a 2-6 players walkthrough map serie highly inspired of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe.

You will have to find a way to escape from a serie of old bunkers and laboratories. Dark secrets, puzzles, soldiers and inhuman creatures will try to stop you from reaching your goal.

This map serie offers you 10 new maps to play with your friends. Using a whole new set of textures and models, you will be dragged into the atmosphere of the popular S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game franchise.

New scripts have been written to turn the Sven Co-op NPCs into something new. They now have new abilities proper to the original game(s).
    Ex: Bloodsuckers can now become invisible to attack the players by surprise!

Credits:

- Rex (Mapping, leading the project)
    - D.G.F. (Models, sounds, artworks)
    - Sautreel (Mapping, scripts)

Special thanks:

- Crampman
    - The Middleman
    - w00tguy
    - F-Boisier
    - Seal Team 6
    - Toul'Cher
    - Trempler
    - Streamfox
    - Rusty

And the numberous players who helped testing the maps!

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

Re: Restriction (V1.0)

This is one of the best or maybe the best mappack ever created for svencoop 10/10

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Contributor

Yes, good map

Tester

The maps in this series are very high quality.
    Great job!

Contributor

Upcoming Sven Co-op version need some new fresh and juicy map packs!

Contributor

This is very exciting.

Can't wait to check it out, looks amazing; I'll play it with a few people and let you know what I think!

EDIT:

All up a really well done map, great atmosphere for the first half and even better architecture! Only a few issues is towards the end when it turns into a grunt fest, with an endless supply of spawning grunts and a high health helicopter that you just have to RPG to death; kinda was over getting gunned down so many times. Apart from that really enjoyed the horror/creepy aspects of this series and is one of the best made map series in a while!

Also amazing custom sounds and models, really made it a unique map!
    Last edited by Indeimaus; 12-07-2015 at 05:31 AM.

Tester

Thumbs up Re: Restriction (V1.0)

I played this with a friend and I agree it was one of the best walkthrough map series I have played in a long time. I especially liked how the bosses and other special enemies were scripted in a way that made them almost a new monster.

We also had a few little bugs or issues that I want to mention here. In general the maps ran fine without problems but here is what we found:

-On map restriction02 at the end it has a false changelevel. It wants to go to "sc_russian04" which is probably an older leftover name so we had to manually change the map.

-Also the elevator near the end on restriction02 was blocked by a leech that somehow got under it. so after the water was drained we called the elevator it goes down but not all the way to the ground and it didn't move anymore. (it is just an assumption that it was a leech blocking it as we couldn't see under it)

-On various maps we had sometimes monster blocking doors. No place in particular and it won't happen everytime but sometimes.

-On map restriction07 there is a grate which is later opened by destroying the lock from the other side. But you can actually destroy the lock with a grenade because I don't know why but you can actually throw a grenade on the other side of it ( you need to be directly under it, maybe even move upwards and throw, the grenade will spawn on the other side and open the grate) Because of this you can skip half the map.

-On the last map the helicopter was kinda invincible most of the time. Maybe we made something wrong or you need to shoot specific areas but it was like 9 out of 10 rockets did no damage at all for no apparent reason. (rockets, grenades whatever didn't matter) I cheated the gauss gun afterwards to see if it does damage yeah it did

That's all I guess. Minor problems for such a big project thats good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restriction02end.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	16213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restriction07a.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	16214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restriction07b.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	16215  
    Born to Fight,
    Trained to Kill,
    Taught to Survive,
    and told to take no Prisoners.
    Visit http://www.youtube.com/NostalgicGames

The maps are all awesome!

This map is awesome so far, Could you fix the possible map change from restriction02 since at the end it wants to change the map to sc_russian04. This will be problematic for server owners!

I definitely agree with everyone else, this map is awesome. You put a lot of time in it and it definitely shows.

That being said aside from the above mentioned (map change to 04) once on Restriction 04 I encountered a bug which did not let the turn table work properly. All the necessary pre requisites had been completed so I can confirm it was not a "PEBKAC" error. On the plus side it did work once the map was reloaded so it wasn't an OMFGWTFBBQHAWT huge issue but thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else had encountered the same.

pretty gud

Restriction 1.1 is near guys

This is a big update for the 10 maps :

Lighting and difficulty reworked

A new script for the Controler monster (using new AngelScript)

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ReXou View Post
    Hello,

please, i could tested the new map for debug ?

Thanks

Could you please fix the following issues present in 1.0 with 1.1:
    - Please rename the models beginning with [hl-lab.ru] as the special chars [] are problematic with linux servers. The models won't get (fast)downloaded because of this. Don't use spaces or special chars in file or path names.
    - It seems the maximum length of a resource file entry can be 63 chars, anything longer can't be fastdownloaded (or even downloaded) by the client. In 1.0 some sound resources have crazy length eg. sound/russian_sounds/russiancontroller/controller_presence_1_l.ogg - the last chars will be cut off resulting in 404 errors. Shorten the paths so no res file entry exceeds 63 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    - Please rename the models beginning with [hl-lab.ru] as the special chars [] are problematic with linux servers. The models won't get (fast)downloaded because of this. Don't use spaces or special chars in file or path names.
    - It seems the maximum length of a resource file entry can be 63 chars, anything longer can't be fastdownloaded (or even downloaded) by the client. In 1.0 some sound resources have crazy length eg. sound/russian_sounds/russiancontroller/controller_presence_1_l.ogg - the last chars will be cut off resulting in 404 errors. Shorten the paths so no res file entry exceeds 63 characters.
    DAMN !!
    We need to redo all the maps configs files one by one for that... >_<

Contributor

DAMN !!
    We need to redo all the maps configs files one by one for that... >_<
    edit file *.map rename line ?

http://scmapdb.com/map:restriction/comments/show#post-2331449

We're working on it, but this is a lot of work... Could be long...

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

@ReXou, you forget I help you about curvy celling??? From TWHL / Sven Coop!!!! PS: It is late from my brush architecture. :P
    Great map I will test it
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    DONE... And i hate you Linux users

Oh, and sorry SourceSkyBoxer I forget some peoples in the credits part...

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

DONE... And i hate you Linux users

Oh, and sorry SourceSkyBoxer I forget some peoples in the credits part...
    Don't worry! It is okay! I really like your map. I have tested map but too many zombies. xD

P.S. Why do you not like Linux? So sad you don't like poor penguins. But I love penguins xD. Because they see sweet that is wHy I am using Linux Ubuntu and Windows 7 Pro x64 enough
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

A superb map series! 10/10!!! graphics are really well done, good gameplay, custom stuff!!! oeverything is awesome!!!!!!!

Japanese Wannabe NYO~~~! ゞ(´゜ω゜)つ~☆ Nero's Avatar

I came three times~
    Nero of TSP and Wotnet
    Ingame names: Nero, Horny-Girl-13
    IRC nick: Nero (probably)

Hello all !!

Long time, no news from me and I'm sorry for that... I have a 1.1 version with a LOT of work behind

- Better lighting
    - Less over-powered Grunts
    - New scripts using Angelscript
    - More simple ending boss
    - Redone some brushworks in the firsts maps

BUT... There is a BUT

Due to the lack of time, we NEVER tested it with more 2 peoples, and only in a local game...

I can't upload it in the Map Database because there is a size limitation (and D.G.F is the owner of the account used...)

I REALLY need help and can't keep this only mine for one year more

TEST IT, BROKE IT

I'm waiting the reviews

(And you can hate me )

http://www.sendbox.fr/139d0fd8feed9e...on26_04_16.rar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast