Thread: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Current

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    That Crazed Guy in CGI LordShadow95's Avatar

Re: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Cur

Fearing that I was late for the party, I was going to spam "Can i join too,can i join too?".
    Then i saw that the application forms are going to be ready the 29th. This is going to be funny,i can't wait to play it
    Meanwhile...I'll get my ass kicked by the marines that scream "You got notheeng!".
    and i still wonder why i didn't register on this forum before. Oh well,better late than never. (i'm RazgrizTheLombax - Lordshadow95 - Razgriz if anyone remember some idiot with that name )
    I have the best signature. It's in comic sans,and also in bold. So it must be the greatest signature around here.

Manager

Re: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Cur

I feel this needs to be said: While the engine limits for maps have been raised as described in the changelog, for some of the engine limits it is still not possible to go as high as described. The engine limits still need testing to determine exactly how far mappers can push them, so you shouldn't trust the numbers entirely. In the future the limits will hopefully be raised even more.

Cool guys

I assumed there would be some special functions that would have to be listed but ok.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mehis View Post
    I assumed there would be some special functions that would have to be listed but ok.
    Special functions for what?
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

I think every donator should have a place in the closed beta

Moorhsum, will I get a beta key?
    Dynamite, fuck yeah! :>
    Last edited by Dynamite; 23-08-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by minmi96 View Post

EDIT: Also will there be "Test Servers" for other Countries? You know for Latency Reasons.
    I am curious about that as well. I can only guess that test servers will be located in UK or in US only.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphanage View Post
    I am curious about that as well. I can only guess that test servers will be located in UK or in US only.
    We'll I was wondering if they will have test servers in Australia aswell, at least in every continent/country where the language used is English.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderm4N View Post
    I think every donator should have a place in the closed beta
    If we thought that many donors were interested and contactable we would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphanage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by minmi96 View Post
    We'll I was wondering if they will have test servers in Australia aswell, at least in every continent/country where the language used is English.
    Mostly Europe and USA but any beta tester will have the software to run their own server if they want to.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by Solokiller View Post
    You'll have to wait until the signup form is made available.
    Also, please avoid double posting.
    I'm sorry, I'm so excited to see this.

Yup. It's official.
    I.
    Cannot.
    Wait.
    I saw this first on ModDB, and immediately made an account. This game took up a good 3-4 YEARS worth of my time, on and off mostly, but I always kept coming back... I am sooooo putting in my app at the earliest convenience.

Game tester  
    Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    If we thought that many donors were interested and contactable we would do that.
    in the beta test form, add a steamid entry and check that with the hardcoded list / database of donators?

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

And in the Philippines has English too Because they use only English if they use mobile phone, tablets and computers. For i was traveled in the Philippines and it is very nice. For native Language Filipino they don't use Games, Apps. That is why. Better only English because we understand good. Warning for European English means British English. Don't use American English. In Germany and in the Philippines say "Sweets" not "Candies" ( but I don't know which English uses in the Philippines? ??? )
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Quote Originally Posted by SourceSkyBoxer View Post
    And in the Philippines has English too Because they use only English if they use mobile phone, tablets and computers. For i was traveled in the Philippines and it is very nice. For native Language Filipino they don't use Games, Apps. That is why. Better only English because we understand good. Warning for European English means British English. Don't use American English. In Germany and in the Philippines say "Sweets" not "Candies" ( but I don't know which English uses in the Philippines? ??? )
    To be exact, as a Filipino, we use American English, but we use English in terms for proper communication with foreign people if needed.

And noted, the hype is real, can't wait!

So where can i sign up at?

So when can we estimate the release of sven co-op on Steam?

Please read the news post before asking questions:

An application form will be available next Saturday, August 29th at 12:00 PM EST (Convert time) so please mark your calendars! Sign up will close on Sunday, September 5th at 12:00 PM EST.

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    To be exact, as a Filipino, we use American English, but we use English in terms for proper communication with foreign people if needed.

And noted, the hype is real, can't wait!
    yes thanks my dear Welcome to Sven Coop, Filipino!
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Wow! My childhood favorite game is back, with a new beta? Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    I feel this needs to be said: While the engine limits for maps have been raised as described in the changelog, for some of the engine limits it is still not possible to go as high as described. The engine limits still need testing to determine exactly how far mappers can push them, so you shouldn't trust the numbers entirely. In the future the limits will hopefully be raised even more.
    i was worried about this, but i remembered about scalable npcs and players, making a map more bigger by scaling players and monsters would be great
    Hey there.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post

Mostly Europe and USA but any beta tester will have the software to run their own server if they want to.
    Some donors are interested, just like me. =)
    Can't wait!

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
    i was worried about this, but i remembered about scalable npcs and players, making a map more bigger by scaling players and monsters would be great
    NPC Scaling is supported but:
    Player scaling is a "Visual Hack" (People do scale down player models via Jed Model viewer & recompile) However Players Hulls and Bounding Boxes are Currently Fixed/Static and do not change. (i.e. Hitbox in original fulls size position, bbox/edge detection etc are not effected.)
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Zodemon View Post
    in the beta test form, add a steamid entry and check that with the hardcoded list / database of donators?
    The thought occurred to us already. We've discussed possible options regarding donors, but nothing is set in stone so I won't speculate.

We do still have the email addresses of every donor, but given some of these are a decade old we have no idea how many of these addresses even exist any more, let alone how many play SC still.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Mapper

exactly what i wrote to Trempler, thats a nice birthday present for myself.
    my sign up will be filled even when i have to pause my birthday for that

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast