Thread: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Current

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Manager

Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Current

Closed Beta Testing Announcement

We're excited to announce that we will soon begin closed beta testing on Steam. We're looking for 50 dedicated gamers to join us in our testing sessions and to provide us with valuable feedback. An application form will be available next Saturday, August 29th at 12:00 PM EST (Convert time) so please mark your calendars! Sign up will close on Sunday, September 5th at 12:00 PM EST.

The fine print: Not everyone who applies will be selected. You must be at least 16 years of age to apply, have a valid Steam Account (you must provide us with your Steam ID), and have a valid Sven Co-op Forum account - sign up on our message forums (http://forums.svencoop.com) if you haven't already! Additional requirements include participation (if selected) - inactive applicants will be removed to give others a fair chance. Please avoid emailing us to request access to the closed beta test - direct requests will be ignored.

Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player

One of the more notable features coming in the Steam release is "Classic Mode" for the Half-Life single player co-op campaign. It's a special mode that will revert things like weapons and various gameplay mechanics to classic Half-Life. Some things won't be reverted (e.g. Co-operative changes to Barnacles, Player Medkits, the Gargantua's ability to feast on Players, etc.). We'll continue to refine this mode after receiving feedback from the community.

Current Changelog

Here's the current changelog in case you're wondering what we've been up to these past few months. We've made a decent amount of progress so far. The team has fixed countless numbers of crash bugs, memory allocation problems, engine issues, and provided a large assortment of new enhancements & features.

Current Changelog (August 22, 2015)

If you have any questions, feel free to post in the message forums. We'll continue to post more updates as we get closer to releasing on Steam. Have a good weekend!

Re: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Cur

Can't wait! Saw the announcement pop-up on Steam and got excited. Glad to see the game coming to Steam with so many amazing changes, especially so soon.

Re: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Cur

Get psyched! Really looking forward to release, will accepted applicants be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement?

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by gabenerest View Post
    Get psyched! Really looking forward to release, will accepted applicants be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement?
    Nope, we're not asking anyone to sign an NDA for this.

omggggggg i cant wait i'm like a kid in a candy store i'm excited

The feeling I got when I saw that little Steam notification in the corner of my screen saying that the closed beta was coming can't be explained with human words... So i'll just use binary instead.

"01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 00100000 01011001 01000101 01000001 01001000 00100001"

This is a comment

the wait is coming to an end, it is great jeje
    Vive la vida segundo a segundo recuerda que todo los problemas tiene solucion se feliz.

Sweet!

i'm freaking out right now

How to join the test?
    I'm a crate

Sven Co-op Map - Black Water | Status: 2%

Game tester  
    Tester

Yay getting closer for release

Quote Originally Posted by [CHN]iAmZC View Post
    How to join the test?
    ...An application form will be available next Saturday, August 29th at 12:00 PM EST (Convert time) so please mark your calendars! Sign up will close on Sunday, September 5th at 12:00 PM EST.
    Click "Convert time" up top to get the right time, easily.

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to it.

Looking forward to this!

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by [CHN]iAmZC View Post
    How to join the test?
    Yeah, you need to be able to read information that's presented to you, or you have no chance frankly.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Proud Member of the Young Leninist Komsomol! tyrlop's Avatar

Long live Sven-Coop!

Just another co-op player Maestro Fénix's Avatar

Oh boy, finally.

But just one question? Why Afrika Korps is not longer official? The gameplay is good, they have a good mix of enemies and stuff to do, and it was original.

Is for the custom "DOD" content?

Here we go again

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

actually we have to sort out every little bit that could get us in trouble. So we only use credited stuff we are alowed to use.
    Still you can download the map and install it.

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Great. I want to join the test.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012909121/
    This is my steamid >.>
    Last edited by Solokiller; 23-08-2015 at 08:35 AM.

You'll have to wait until the signup form is made available.
    Also, please avoid double posting.

Manager

Pic very related

Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Question: Will the "Classic Mode" Support Blue Shift and Opposing Force aswell?

EDIT: Also will there be "Test Servers" for other Countries? You know for Latency Reasons.

Will there be a web API for Angelscript or is there going to be a crude text file hidden somewhere in the game folder? I'm fine with both.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by minmi96 View Post
    Question: Will the "Classic Mode" Support Blue Shift and Opposing Force aswell?

EDIT: Also will there be "Test Servers" for other Countries? You know for Latency Reasons.
    I'm not sure about BS/OP4 but it'll probably not be so hard to integrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehis View Post
    Will there be a web API for Angelscript or is there going to be a crude text file hidden somewhere in the game folder? I'm fine with both.
    Why would it need a web API? Script files just get distributed with maps as any other map resource would.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast