Thread: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Current

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Cur

I want to play sven coop: because Argentina playing in the cyber and I liked that game. is the best

Re: Closed Beta Testing Announcement, Classic Mode for Half-Life Single Player, & Cur

it would be a nice gesture if people who were able to confirm in their application a link to a donor account (one link for any application) get access to the beta. I mean the donors did give money to support the development of 5.0 and this is a way to give back to them on top of the weapon model changes and stuff. I also am curious as to if we can utilize older maps not optimized for 5.0 to see if there are any changes that might require a bug report.

Well I think thousands if not tens-of-thousands of people have donated over the years. the idea of just having 50 testers so far is that they are easier to manage and have them report back bugs. this is a closed public beta specifically to test bugs and errors in 5.0 if lots of people got it then they would probly just play it and be disappointed with the bugs and not take their role seriously. this is not a play test, this is a private beta for 50 random people so they can iron out the bugs and give us a finished product, hopefully before the end of the year

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizisi2k View Post
    I also am curious as to if we can utilize older maps not optimized for 5.0 to see if there are any changes that might require a bug report.
    The list of bugs is listed, for future debugging.
    La liste des bugs est répertorié, pour un débogage avenir.
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Best thing i read all day!

Proud Member of the Young Leninist Komsomol! tyrlop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrEmPlEr View Post
    Oh ofc you can pay me to make your mapdreams come true hrhr
    How much?

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Please don't publish to Moddb! Because Moddb has virus warnning.

Only use SteamPowered or GameBanana! Thanks! I want they are serious and honest with safe games... I hope that release..
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Manager

It's going on Steam only. That's the point of a Steam release...
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by TrEmPlEr View Post
    Hope this answered most of your questions
    It did, thanks.

Edit: One only thing i forgot. After closed beta will Sven be released if everything is ok or will it be on hold for more time?
    Last edited by 19941994ra; 27-08-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Sven Co-op - Player, enthusiast, alien-reaper, Shotgun-lover
    Sven Co-op Forums - Addict, spam-hater, playing 5.0 a lot
    In-game name - Delacroix

Manager

If all goes well there won't be much reason to wait for long.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Can i get a countdown clock to the closed beta?

Tester

Sweet to see its getting so close. Hope I can get in the beta, been reading over the change logs. It looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by m0u$3[uz] View Post
    Can i get a countdown clock to the closed beta?
    This?

Sven Co-op Closed Beta Test - Signup
    In-game name - Delacroix

Manager

Errr... That's not official, we're not responsible for any delay there.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Manager

However, this is official and has the same time, and thus we are actually responsible for any delays :=)

Has any angelscript documentation been released yet?
    And more specifically, when an item_inventory is set to be visible in third person, will we have control over what bone it is attached to? For example, I'm thinking of gas masks being visible on the face of a model, and things like that.
    Last edited by Petethegoat; 28-08-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Actually, have a question about Steam release,too.
    Will the release be Steam Play enabled (Linux support), or again , Window$ only?
    Since Sven answered to me that a Linux release is planned,(a bit more than 2 years ago, when I donated)
    having my hopes high is not a bad thing...

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Petethegoat View Post
    Has any angelscript documentation been released yet?
    And more specifically, when an item_inventory is set to be visible in third person, will we have control over what bone it is attached to? For example, I'm thinking of gas masks being visible on the face of a model, and things like that.
    AS - SoloKiller/Nih/Adam & others are busy trying to update the SC 5.0 documentation (which will include Angel Script in some form or another.)
    item_inventory bone attachment choice - Currently No (remember Jump packs don't show up on players either) but trigger_changemodel (for Players) would be a better way to accomplish model changes anyway. (Down side would be forcing standard player models for the map and then modifying the new model to have a gas mask on.)

Quote Originally Posted by Apelli View Post
    Actually, have a question about Steam release,too.
    Will the release be Steam Play enabled (Linux support), or again , Window$ only?
    Since Sven answered to me that a Linux release is planned,(a bit more than 2 years ago, when I donated)
    having my hopes high is not a bad thing...
    Dynamite or Sniper may be able to answer that
    Last edited by wolf-3d; 28-08-2015 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Is there going to be Achievements for the Steam Version?

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by minmi96 View Post
    Is there going to be Achievements for the Steam Version?
    No "built in" Achievements -> but you could build map for that if you wish. e.g. entity trigger_save and trigger_load can store the "Players Name and ID" on that server for things like highest score, most frags, secrets found etc. but the map needs to be made/designed for that.
    (Almost anything will be possible given our enhanced entities and angel script. All though it may take a lot of work.)

Sven Coop is going to be "completely free" after all and achievements etc. are normally there to draw the Dollars in.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    Errr... That's not official, we're not responsible for any delay there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    However, this is official and has the same time, and thus we are actually responsible for any delays :=)
    It's EXACTLY the same clock you gave in the post. There is a button to the right (countdown to event) that puts on the countdown

I just gave the link out.
    In-game name - Delacroix

I love multi_manager Jamesmarine's Avatar

I'd like to sign up. Currently working on Resident Evil : Code Veronica Svenkewp edition

Please read the news post before posting. Asking for access, or telling us you'd like to sign up won't do anything. When the sign-up form becomes available, you'll be able to enter your name.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by 19941994ra View Post
    It's EXACTLY the same clock you gave in the post. There is a button to the right (countdown to event) that puts on the countdown
    "delays"

That means do not take that timer literally. Also that link was not present in the news post.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Manager

This was in the news post: "An application form will be available next Saturday, August 29th at 12:00 PM EST (Convert time) so please mark your calendars!"

That page links to a countdown clock which is really just a different way of visualising the very specific time the sign up starts.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast