Thread: Sven Co-op Closed Beta Test Signup has Begun!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Resident Shocktrooper Solid Salamander's Avatar

Re: Sven Co-op Closed Beta Test Signup has Begun!

Looks like a bunch of old-timers have been coming back here along with the new folks, so I might as well show up as well. Hi there! I'm glad to see that things have gotten to this point! I've been checking in with the mod every now and then and I've been really impressed with what I've seen of 5.0.

I can't devote the time necessary to properly help out with the beta so I'm not signing up but I definitely plan on getting some friends to play the mod when the finished 5.0 releases! In the meantime, I'm looking forward to hearing what folks have to say about the beta! Have fun, everyone!
    How many are there in you? Whose hopes and dreams do you encompass?

I'm interested in what AngelScript can do, it seems like its going to make everything a lot more interesting. (Its also perfect timing since I'm currently learning C++ this semester.)

We should be getting emails either tomorrow or the day after (I'm not good with timezones).
    Last edited by BackAssward; 04-09-2015 at 02:12 PM.

I think that requires some clarification: the emails will be sent some time after sign up ends, not immediately afterwards. We need time to sort through all the applications first.
    In addition, the news post has the wrong date, sign-up ends on Saturday, not Sunday.
    Last edited by Solokiller; 04-09-2015 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Incorrect info

Hay.

So I was thinking of signing up, however I'm going on a week-long holiday in the middle of September where I won't be able to join the testing sessions. I'd try and make up for it outside of that period though, would that be acceptable?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Film11 View Post
    Hay.

So I was thinking of signing up, however I'm going on a week-long holiday in the middle of September where I won't be able to join the testing sessions. I'd try and make up for it outside of that period though, would that be acceptable?

Cheers.
    yup yup, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    yup yup, go for it.
    Thanks, good to hear , application is in the system! Looking forward to playing, regardless of when that might be! I miss good ol' sc_tetris...

Quote Originally Posted by Solokiller View Post
    I think that requires some clarification: the emails will be sent some time after sign up ends, not immediately afterwards. We need time to sort through all the applications first.
    In addition, the news post has the wrong date, sign-up ends on Saturday, not Sunday.
    Alright, thanks.
    I couldn't come up with a good signature, so here's a bad one.

Nothing to see here. BackAssward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minmi96 View Post
    We should be getting emails either tomorrow or the day after (I'm not good with timezones).

It's nice to be hopeful, but you shouldn't say things like that unless you're on the team. You could get a lot of people disappointed if you're wrong, and some people may think you are a team member making those kind of statements.

There is no should when they will be out, they will be sent when they are sent... no sooner no later.

/oops hit edit post instead of reply, I set it back to the way it was.

So when will the selections be made? Labor Day is this Monday and it would suck if like half the selected applicants couldn't get back to you because, well, it's Labor Day Weekend and everyone is going to be away from their computers. You did say that selections would be made some time after... But Monday is some time after. Can we get a more specific window, like within a week or month if it's not a problem? You know, just so we can plan around it.
    Last edited by sgtnapalm; 04-09-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Manager

Here's a basic summary of the process:

We'll be doing random selection soon after the signup form closes. If you are lucky enough to get picked, we'll be sending you an email.

Players may be disqualified after they have been picked. Participation is a key thing we'll be looking at to determine if a player gets disqualified.
    We want 50 dedicated (within reason) players, so we'll continue to dip into the pool until we make that a reality.
    If you didn't make it into the first round of lucky players, you may be contacted in the coming week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

We'll be doing random selection soon after the signup form closes. If you are lucky enough to get picked, we'll be sending you an email.

Players may be disqualified after they have been picked. Participation is a key thing we'll be looking at to determine if a player gets disqualified.
    We want 50 dedicated (within reason) players, so we'll continue to dip into the pool until we make that a reality.
    If you didn't make it into the first round of lucky players, you may be contacted in the coming week or so.
    Hopefully someone who gets in will stream it for the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Thanks for information. I hope i get key. Bless GOD!

Feel free to add friend, just click picture where Card displaying and we can play Sven Co-op.

Long time listener first time caller here to submit my useless application too!

Manager

The form is now closed. Thanks to everyone that applied!

i have a small dude, when pass the beta and finish the fixing, after liberating the game of the year
    the developer team have the idea of sell on steam the "old" dlc for the donartors? or continuing using donation with paypal?

tanks for read

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

no dlc´s but donation will be still possible if you feel so

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by MadDalaiBarba View Post
    i have a small dude, when pass the beta and finish the fixing, after liberating the game of the year
    the developer team have the idea of sell on steam the "old" dlc for the donartors? or continuing using donation with paypal?

tanks for read

Donations will remain unchanged. We're not selling DLC; it's more of a thank you for donating.

Quote Originally Posted by TrEmPlEr View Post
    no dlc´s but donation will be still possible if you feel so
    d:<
    i don´t have paypal, credits cards or bit coins this is the problem :c
    i wanna make a donation but i never have the.. method (si es que eso existe) for make it

So when will svencoop be released to the public on steam?

Tester

Quote Originally Posted by MadDalaiBarba View Post
    d:<
    i don´t have paypal, credits cards or bit coins this is the problem :c
    i wanna make a donation but i never have the.. method (si es que eso existe) for make it
    You used to be able to "Post or Mail" in cash, I will try and find out if this is still possible.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

I'm one of the original old-timers ... signed up here back in 2003 but started playing when it first came out - 15 years or so? Looks like I just missed the cutoff time of 12pm ET today for Beta. Although I already have the bonus features, I am willing to donate even more money to the cause now that the new version is about to come out. Can I get a different icon other than the headcrab for a special donation?

Secretly a Saudi Prince snarkeh's Avatar

Quick question, roughly what time and day of the week will tests be held? I live in Japan (+0900 UTC) so as long as the tests are held on the weekend it shouldnt be too late at night (maybe 0300 or 0500). I know this might hurt my chances but as a Developer for another mod I figured it'd just be honest as proffesional courtesy to let you guys know.

my question above wasn't answered so when will the steam version be released to the public any estimate on it?

Quote Originally Posted by m0u$3[uz] View Post
    my question above wasn't answered so when will the steam version be released to the public any estimate on it?
    Surely the game will be released when the devs feel its that time! Once it goes through its beta test stage and they work out all the kinks and quirks then hopefully there will be a more of a target date. Maybe Santa will leave you the executable in your stocking or maybe some coal who knows

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast