Thread: A RTV plugin that works with over 6,000 maps?

Post A RTV plugin that works with over 6,000 maps?

hello! my friend needs a plugin that will not crash when over 6,000 are in the list. if you could post a link to one for him to use we would both be very grateful.

Re: A RTV plugin that works with over 6,000 maps?

Why does it crash? Out of memory?

6k? seriously? How the hell do you intend indexing those? It will take hours to send that list to the client.. lol, a better solution would be to host a sensible number of maps!

I'm guessing it gets sent one page at a time (one page being 7-8 maps).

Quote Originally Posted by Solokiller View Post
    I'm guessing it gets sent one page at a time (one page being 7-8 maps).
    Sure, and say 7k maps, 7 maps per page, 1 sec per page (optimistic) then that's 1000 secs or 17 mins!! Ok, so not "hours" but still...

Pages are only sent on demand. No point in sending thousands of map names if the player is going to pick from the first 10.

EDIT: i just realized this was about our votemap feature. That all gets sent at once so it could be problematic.
    Last edited by Solokiller; 19-01-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Ok. I was thinking of existing map managers like Deagle's, which send the whole lot, page after page until all are listed. Hm, and with powervotes, you must go through them sequentially a page at a time. I don't know of any where you can select which page you want displayed.. possibly an opening in the market?

The text menu system in Angelscript is much like AMX's, so it requires you to go page by page as well. In the future we can add something better though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpark View Post
    Ok. I was thinking of existing map managers like Deagle's, which send the whole lot, page after page until all are listed. Hm, and with powervotes, you must go through them sequentially a page at a time. I don't know of any where you can select which page you want displayed.. possibly an opening in the market?
    The way the server currently tells you which maps are on it, is by a plugin that overrides the output of "maps <string>" in console to display maps on the server instead of on your local machine. That does not change that most map vote plugins appear to crash for unknown reasons. The idea that it was the quantity of maps and out-of-memory is speculation on my part as logs weren't showing any direct cause so much as instantly crashing the process.

Realistically Keen and I just need a plugin that makes a random queue of ten maps (from a pool of 6-7k maps) unless there have been up to ten nominations,
    as the current method of listing maps to the client appears to be fine, if not the recommended method. (I can only imagine the awful experience of getting 1k maps listed at you much less the full quantity of the server.)

If the server is crashing then it's not the number of maps being sent that's causing problems. If that were the case, the client would get a reliable channel overflow. A server crash would happen if it runs out of memory, or if it tries to use an invalid index, etc. Hard to say without knowing how the plugin works.

Deep underground in Snark Cafes TOP secret reserch labs

Your probably better of asking on AlliedModders forum (if you haven't already)
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3?f=3
    SnarkCafe Admin / mapper
    We're back http://snarkcafe.net/