Thread: Creating a Sven Co-op map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Manager

Creating a Sven Co-op map

Creating a Sven Co-op map
    This guide will prepare you for making custom maps for Sven Co-op. It has been written for the current version, 5.0, which is available from Steam.

Configuring Hammer
    Note: The hammer configuration described in this subsection has not yet been tested by me. It should work, but the game will likely not start automatically when using the 'Run Map!' button. Just load the game normally and start the map from there.

To map for Sven Co-op it is recommended that you use the SDK included with the game, but it is not a requirement. You can use whatever mapping editor and compile tools you prefer. However, if you want to make use of the increased engine limits, you will likely need to use our compile tools.

First step is to install the Sven Co-op SDK. In your Steam Library, you can switch from 'Games' to 'Tools'. There you will find it.

Inside Valve Hammer Editor, you will have to enter Options and configure some things.

- In the Textures tab, add whichever .wads you wish to use.

- In Game Configurations:
    1. Click the Edit button next to the configuration field and add a configuration called whatever you like.
    2. Add the SC .fgd. A common path name looks like this: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\sven-coop.fgd
    2b. You'll probably want to add zhlt.fgd (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers)
    3. Select default point entities and solid entities. info_player_deathmatch and func_wall are good recommendations.
    4. Set up Game Executable Directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op
    5. Set up Mod Directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop
    6. Set up Game Directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop
    7. Set up RMF directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\hammer\maps

- In Build Programs:
    1. Set game executable: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
    2. Set up CSG, BSP, VIS and RAD executables. The 64bit versions have names like "SC-RAD_x64.exe", the 32bit versions "SC-RAD.exe". They can be found in Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers
    3. Choose a directory to place compiled maps in. The directory should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps

At some point in your mapping career, you may want to look into batch compiling: http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=35
    And advanced compile settings: http://zhlt.info/command-reference.html

Introduction to the basics of mapping
    If you have never created a map for a game based on the HL1 engine, such as Sven Co-op, it is recommended that you read some tutorials that introduce you to the basics. The website The Whole Half-Life has one such tutorial available: http://twhl.info/tutorial.php?id=23

Keep in mind that the TWHL tutorial above is an introduction to Half-Life 1 mapping and is not Sven Co-op specific. However, the lessons learned in the tutorial and its 6 parts are also useable for Sven Co-op mapping. There are also many other tutorials on TWHL that are useful, since Sven Co-op is in essence just an expansion of Half-Life 1.

Sven Co-op mapping
    Let’s assume that you are now somewhat familiar with the process of creating a map for a HL1 engine game. Let us then focus on the things that are important to know when creating a map for Sven Co-op.

Creating a Sven Co-op map is very similar to creating a map for Half-Life 1 Singleplayer. As a Sven Co-op player you will know that Sven Co-op maps can be very different and sometimes have very unusual premises, but in general most maps follow a structure that is commonly called “Walkthrough”. In a walkthrough map, players start at one end of the map, proceed through a variety of environments while killing enemies and completing puzzles, until they reach their final objective and the map ends. It is easy to see the similarity between this kind of map and a Half-life singleplayer map. One major difference is that in the typical walkthrough map, players can respawn whenever they die. The Sven Co-op team is aiming to move the mod in a direction with more “losable” maps, for example by use of the Survival mode, but creating a walkthrough map is generally a good way for a new mapper to begin practicing.

Sven Co-op requirements
    First off, you should know that SC uses info_player_deathmatch entities as spawn points instead of Half-Life singleplayer’s info_player_start. You should always have a decent amount of spawn points in your map to ensure players don’t spawn inside each other. On a 16 player server, it is not impossible that all players will spawn at the same time on map start. For this reason, consider having about 8-16 spawn points at least.

Second, ensure that your map ends at some point. The common way of doing this is to trigger a game_end when players reach or complete an objective. For example, the game_end can be triggered when a player enters an area with a trigger_once. An alternative to game_end is used in map series: If you want players to progress to the next map in a series, use the trigger_changelevel brush entity to change to the map you specify. Keep in mind that backtracking to a previous map does not work like it does in Half-Life singleplayer - The map players backtrack to will simply be reset, unless some extra entity trickery is used.

Sven Co-op entities
    Sven Co-op includes all the standard Half-Life 1 entities (with a few exceptions) but also includes a large number of new entities that allow mappers to create more varied and customized maps.

A guide to the entities in Sven Co-op can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/svenmanor/entguide

CFG files
    You can set up various options in map CFG files, such as changing the player starting weapons/ammo/items, turning realistic falling damage on/off, forcing a certain map to be run after the current map ends, etc. This is a powerful system and allows the mappers to set the rules of the game without a lot of entity usage.

When a map is loaded in Sven Co-op, the game automatically tries to execute a CFG file with the same filename as the map (but ending in .cfg instead of .bsp). For example, if you ran a map called svencoop1.bsp, the game would try to execute a file called svencoop1.cfg. If no file of that name exists, default settings will be used (Players start with a crowbar, a pistol and other default settings). All CFG files must be in the same directory as the .bsp for them to be recognized.

The Manual provides an overview of the settings that can be put in the .cfg, as well as a few other map-specific files. You can also look at the .cfg files of other maps to compare.

In almost all maps you will want to make use of a map CFG. It is much better to give players their weapons and ammo via a CFG than by placing the equipment as entities in the map, because an excess amount of ammo_ and weapon_ entities can reduce the framerate in a room and players will be fighting over who gets to pick up the items.

.Res Files
    When distributing a map with custom content such as models or wads, you will need a .res file if you want players to be able to download the content from game servers. A .res file lists all the files associated with your map that are required to play it.

A guide can be found here: http://scmapdb.com/tutorial:map-file-distribution-guide
    You can also look at the .res files of custom maps for examples.

Angelscript
    Sven Co-op 5.0 includes a scripting language to allow for advanced map scripting. As a beginning mapper you are recommended to simply rely on the available entities, but at some point in your mapping career you will want to look into Angelscript, either to discover new ways of manipulating the game or to simplify the creation of advanced map scripts. Some programming experience is recommended before trying to use Angelscript. An introduction to Angelscript can be found here: http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...t-Introduction

Mapping tips
    - Even though computers of today are quite powerful, be careful not to push the limits of the game too hard. Areas with high polycounts can cause slowdowns on modern computers if their graphics card is not optimized for use in OpenGL games, and an excess amount of active NPCs can easily cause network lag. A w_poly max of 1200 is recommended and you can look at other maps to see how many active monsters the game can handle.

- As mentioned earlier, the Sven Co-op team is highly interested in maps with losable gameplay, so you should seriously consider making maps of that type. By losable, we mean a map where every action of a player either contributes to or reduces the players’ chance of success, because the map can potentially end with a ‘negative’ ending if the players do not perform well enough. An example is a survival-type map, where players who die become spectators, and the players will lose once everyone is dead. Another kind of losable map is Fortified, where players are threatened with failure if they run out of resources or time. A losable map often requires more forethought and testing, but the end result is seriously worth it, as players will feel a stronger sensation that their actions matter.

- A good map is always tested with a group of people before being released. Consider asking on the Sven Co-op forums if you need testers.

- Try to include cooperative puzzles or gameplay mechanisms in your map, where players must work together to proceed. A classic example is the two player button sequence, but this can often be seen as a filler sequence or a cliché. However, there are plenty of opportunities for coming up with new and original cooperative gameplay sequences.

- You can find useful utilities for map creation here. Other useful tools include Wally for .wad creation and Sprite Explorer for sprite creation.

- Mapping can sometimes be a challenge without assistance from others. The people in the Sven Co-op Mapping Forum are always ready to lend a helping hand, and you can also find plenty of mapping resources and tutorials there. If you need immediate mapping help, you can also visit the Sven Co-op IRC channel (just be aware that you cannot expect an instant answer on the IRC channel either.)
    Last edited by Nih; 24-01-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Re: Creating a Sven Co-op map

Um Shouldn't the compiled maps be placed in C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps?
    Gamer by heart. Gaming by skill.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by BloodShed View Post
    Um Shouldn't the compiled maps be placed in C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps?
    Not strictly required, but a good idea. I have edited it now.

When I switched to the Hammer version included in the SDK and its compilers, absolutely every entity appears to be a leak on an old map of mine. It compiles and runs perfectly fine on a modded 3.5.3 version without any leaks and with working lights.

I removed all the entities and tried to insert one using the Hammer provided in the SDK thinking that it may have something to do with changes in the fgd but I'm still getting compile errors.
    Warning: === LEAK in hull 0 ===
    Entity info_player_deathmatch @ ( 191,-3809,-126)
    Error:
    A LEAK is a hole in the map, where the inside of it is exposed to the
    (unwanted) outside region. The entity listed in the error is just a helpful
    indication of where the beginning of the leak pointfile starts, so the
    beginning of the line can be quickly found and traced to until reaching the
    outside. Unless this entity is accidentally on the outside of the map, it
    probably should not be deleted. Some complex rotating objects entities need
    their origins outside the map. To deal with these, just enclose the origin
    brush with a solid world brush
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mitko; 23-01-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Manager

My guess: Our compiler calculates geometry using floating point coordinates (i.e. with decimals). When you clip or vertex manipulate a brush, you sometimes end up with coordinates that do not fit on the grid perfectly. Hammer will save the coordinates in floating point, but most compile tools will convert the coordinates to the closest integer. In your situation, this meant your map was leak-free, but in other situations it might have caused leaks. Because our compile tools do not convert coordinates to integers, a certain brush may be less than a unit apart from another brush, causing a leak. What you should do is to load the pointfile .lin, and follow the line until you find the leak. The entities are not leaks by the way, they are just listed to give you a place to start your search. I don't know if hammer 3.4 (which our hammer is based on) shows the line in the 3D view, so you may have to use hammer 3.5 for that. You can also consider in which places you have done unusual clipping and check those areas first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    My guess: Our compiler calculates geometry using floating point coordinates (i.e. with decimals). When you clip or vertex manipulate a brush, you sometimes end up with coordinates that do not fit on the grid perfectly. Hammer will save the coordinates in floating point, but most compile tools will convert the coordinates to the closest integer. In your situation, this meant your map was leak-free, but in other situations it might have caused leaks. Because our compile tools do not convert coordinates to integers, a certain brush may be less than a unit apart from another brush, causing a leak. What you should do is to load the pointfile .lin, and follow the line until you find the leak. The entities are not leaks by the way, they are just listed to give you a place to start your search. I don't know if hammer 3.4 (which our hammer is based on) shows the line in the 3D view, so you may have to use hammer 3.5 for that. You can also consider in which places you have done unusual clipping and check those areas first.
    Thanks for the reply. The line appears to end at an area where everything appears to be in its spot. Bottom, top, left and right brushes are all connected just fine which results in a perfectly closed box. This is confusing...

Would you mind if I sent you the rmf so that you could take a quick peak/test compile and give me some hints if I've done anything wrong?

Thanks for putting this together Nih, I'm sure a lot of folks are interested now with 5.0 out. I suggest you put this as a guide for the steam hub for the game as well to get some more exposure for it.

Manager

Sure, send it over.

Registered User Vietnam Flashbacks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nih View Post
    7. Set up RMF directory. Should look like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\hammer\maps
    In my hammer folder there is no mapping folder. What do i do? Create one?
    YOU'RE DEAD YOU HERE ME?! DEAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vietnam Flashbacks View Post
    In my hammer folder there is no mapping folder. What do i do? Create one?
    yes that is a good idea yoloswag

Registered User Vietnam Flashbacks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CryoKeen View Post
    yes that is a good idea yoloswag
    thanks m8
    YOU'RE DEAD YOU HERE ME?! DEAD!!

It doesn't work for me... I made a simple map and placed 6 info_player_deathmatch on the floor and run the map. But when i joined after a second it reconnects. I saw the map for a split second though.

Manager

Can you show your compile log?

I'm having the same issue:
    Hammer log: http://pastebin.com/K9j1jc0u
    Sven log: http://pastebin.com/ucr8Fb4P

The map is a room containing a few info_player_deathmatch's and a func_button targeting a game_end.
    It loads for a split second, and during that brief moment, my player character died multiple times.

Edit: whoops, just had to set svencoop.exe to run as an administrator.
    Last edited by milkman; 31-01-2016 at 10:27 PM.

I'm having a similar problem: map compiles, Sven Co-Op launches, then it gets stuck on "Estabilishing network connection to server" and i get "Failed to contact game server" after a moment.

EDIT: Seems I fixed it (sort of) by changing the editor from Hammer 3.4 to Jackhammer 1.1.
    Last edited by AsG_Alligator; 02-02-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AsG_Alligator View Post
    I'm having a similar problem: map compiles, Sven Co-Op launches, then it gets stuck on "Estabilishing network connection to server" and i get "Failed to contact game server" after a moment.

EDIT: Seems I fixed it (sort of) by changing the editor from Hammer 3.4 to Jackhammer 1.1.
    I am also having the same problem and using the standard Hammer Editor. I am not online however so why would it be trying to connect to a server? All I did was follow what was in this thread and then The Whole Half Life tutorial of making a box with a player start point and a light. I have used both "info_player_start" and "info_player_deathmatch" just in case the tutorial was strictly for owning a copy of HL while this is being used through SC. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need to post a log?

Edit: There is the log, I assume it is the correct one. I just have trouble sending it due to no internet at home. If any thing else is required or if there is an easy fix, please let me know. This is completely stopping me from mapping and it is the very first thing one is suppose to do...

** Executing...
    ** Command: Change Directory
    ** Parameters: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\tester.map" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester.map"

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-CSG~1.EXE
    ** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

hlcsg v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)
    Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom build for Sven Co-op 5.0
    Based on code modifications by Vluzacn (VL34)
    Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh (3.4)
    Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
    Submit detailed bug reports to http://forums.svencoop.com
    ----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
    Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-CSG~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
    Arguments: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
    Entering C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester.map

Current hlcsg Settings
    Name | Setting | Default
    ---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
    threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
    verbose [ off ] [ off ]
    log [ on ] [ on ]
    reset logfile [ on ] [ on ]
    developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
    chart [ off ] [ off ]
    estimate [ off ] [ off ]
    max texture memory [ 67108864 ] [ 67108864 ]
    max lighting memory [ 67108864 ] [ 67108864 ]
    priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
    null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
    clipnode economy mode [ off ] [ off ]
    clip hull type [ simple ] [ simple ]
    onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
    wadtextures [ on ] [ on ]
    skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
    hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
    wad configuration file[ None ] [ None ]
    wad.cfg group name [ None ] [ None ]
    nullfile [ None ] [ None ]
    min surface area [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
    brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
    map scaling [ None ] [ None ]
    light name optimize [ on ] [ on ]
    convert game_text [ on ] [ on ]

Using mapfile wad configuration
    Wadinclude list :
    [zhlt.wad]

CreateBrush:
    (0.00 seconds)
    CSGBrush:
    (0.00 seconds)

Including Wadfile: \program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sven co-op sdk\mapping\compilers\zhlt.wad
    - Contains 0 used textures, -1.#J percent of map (19 textures in wad)

Wad files required to run the map: (None)
    Texture usage is at 0.00 mb (of 64.00 mb MAX)
    0.08 seconds elapsed

----- END hlcsg -----

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-BSP~1.EXE
    ** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

hlbsp v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)
    ----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
    Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-BSP~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
    Arguments: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

Current hlbsp Settings
    Name | Setting | Default
    -------------------|-----------|-------------------------
    threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
    verbose [ off ] [ off ]
    log [ on ] [ on ]
    developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
    chart [ off ] [ off ]
    estimate [ off ] [ off ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
    nofill [ off ] [ off ]
    noinsidefill [ off ] [ off ]
    noopt [ off ] [ off ]
    no clipnode merging [ off ] [ off ]
    null tex. stripping [ on ] [ on ]
    notjunc [ off ] [ off ]
    nobrink [ off ] [ off ]
    subdivide size [ 240 ] [ 240 ] (Min 64) (Max 512)
    max node size [ 1024 ] [ 1024 ] (Min 64) (Max 65536)
    remove hull 2 [ off ] [ off ]

SolidBSP [hull 0] 13 (0.00 seconds)
    BSP generation successful, writing portal file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester.prt'
    SolidBSP [hull 1] 13 (0.00 seconds)
    SolidBSP [hull 2] 13 (0.00 seconds)
    SolidBSP [hull 3] 13 (0.00 seconds)
    Reduced 18 clipnodes to 18
    Reduced 0 texinfos to 0
    Reduced 0 texdatas to 0 (4 bytes to 4)
    Reduced 92 planes to 20
    FixBrinks:
    Increased 18 clipnodes to 18.
    0.08 seconds elapsed

----- END hlbsp -----

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-VIS~1.EXE

hlvis v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)
    ----- BEGIN hlvis -----
    Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-VIS~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"
    1 portalleafs
    0 numportals

-= Current hlvis Settings =-
    Name | Setting | Default
    -------------------|-----------|-------------------------
    threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
    verbose [ off ] [ off ]
    log [ on ] [ on ]
    developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
    chart [ off ] [ off ]
    estimate [ off ] [ off ]
    max vis distance [ 0 ] [ 0 ]

fast vis [ off ] [ off ]
    full vis [ off ] [ off ]

BasePortalVis:
    (0.00 seconds)
    LeafThread:
    (0.00 seconds)
    average leafs visible: 1
    g_visdatasize:1 compressed from 1
    0.02 seconds elapsed

----- END hlvis -----

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-RAD~1.EXE

hlrad v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Mar 2 2016)
    ----- BEGIN hlrad -----
    Command line: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1\ SC-RAD~1.EXE "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps\tester"

-= Current hlrad Settings =-
    Name | Setting | Default
    --------------------|---------------------|-------------------------
    threads [ 4 ] [ Varies ]
    verbose [ off ] [ off ]
    log [ on ] [ on ]
    developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
    chart [ off ] [ off ]
    estimate [ off ] [ off ]
    max lighting memory [ 67108864 ] [ 67108864 ]

fast rad [ off ] [ off ]
    vismatrix algorithm [ Sparse ] [ Sparse ]
    oversampling (-extra)[ off ] [ off ]
    bounces [ 8 ] [ 8 ]
    ambient light [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ] [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ]
    light limit threshold[ 188.000 ] [ 188.000 ]
    circus mode [ off ] [ off ]

smoothing threshold [ 50.000 ] [ 50.000 ]
    smoothing threshold 2[ no change ] [ no change ]
    direct threshold [ 10.000 ] [ 10.000 ]
    direct light scale [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
    coring threshold [ 0.010 ] [ 0.010 ]
    patch interpolation [ on ] [ on ]

texscale [ on ] [ on ]
    patch subdividing [ on ] [ on ]
    chop value [ 64.000 ] [ 64.000 ]
    texchop value [ 32.000 ] [ 32.000 ]

global fade [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
    global texlight gap [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]
    global light scale [ 2.000 2.000 2.000 ] [ 2.000 2.000 2.000 ]
    global gamma [ 0.550 0.550 0.550 ] [ 0.550 0.550 0.550 ]
    global light scale [ 2.000 ] [ 2.000 ]
    global sky diffusion [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]

spread angles [ on ] [ on ]
    opaque entities [ on ] [ on ]
    sky lighting fix [ on ] [ on ]
    incremental [ off ] [ off ]
    dump [ off ] [ off ]

colour jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
    monochromatic jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]

custom shadows with bounce light
    [ off ] [ off ]
    rgb transfers [ off ] [ off ]
    minimum final light [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
    size of transfer [ 1 (16bit) ] [ 1 (16bit) ]
    size of rgbtransfer [ 2 (32bit) ] [ 2 (32bit) ]
    soft sky [ on ] [ on ]
    translucent depth [ 2.000 ] [ 2.000 ]
    block opaque [ on ] [ on ]
    ignore textures [ off ] [ off ]
    reflectivity gamma [ 1.760 ] [ 1.760 ]
    reflectivity scale [ 0.700 ] [ 0.700 ]
    blur size [ 1.500 ] [ 1.500 ]
    no emitter range [ off ] [ off ]
    wall bleeding fix [ on ] [ on ]

Load Textures:
    0 textures referenced
    Reading texlights from 'C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~2\mapping\COMPIL~1 \lights.rad'
    0 opaque models
    0 opaque faces
    0 faces
    Create Patches : 0 base patches
    0 square feet [0.00 square inches]
    1 direct lights and 0 fast direct lights
    1 light styles

FindFacePositions:
    (0.00 seconds)
    BuildFacelights:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Warning: Attempting to allocate 0 bytes
    BuildVisLeafs:
    (0.00 seconds)
    visibility matrix : 0.0 megs
    MakeScales:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Transfer Lists : 0 transfers
    Indices : 0 bytes
    Data : 0 bytes
    Bounce 1 GatherLight:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Bounce 2 GatherLight:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Bounce 3 GatherLight:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Bounce 4 GatherLight:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Bounce 5 GatherLight:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Bounce 6 GatherLight:
    (0.00 seconds)
    Bounce 7 GatherLight:
    (0.02 seconds)
    Bounce 8 GatherLight:
    (0.00 seconds)
    CreateTriangulations:
    (0.00 seconds)
    AddPatchLights:
    (0.00 seconds)
    FinalLightFace:
    (0.00 seconds)
    1.11 seconds elapsed

----- END hlrad -----

** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~1\svencoop.exe
    ** Parameters: -dev -console +map "tester"
    Last edited by Lamar; 31-10-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    ** Executing...
    ** Command: C:\PROGRA~2\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\SVENCO~1\svencoop.exe
    ** Parameters: -dev -console +map "tester"
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread: make sure you tick the 'Don't run the game' box in the compile window. If you don't, Hammer will load up the map with the '+map 'name' parameter. This will put SvenCo-op into singleplayer mode, which can lead to problems.

If you want to test your map, just compile it, then load up SC manually and start a LAN server with your map. If you want to use developer options and cheats you can set the amount of players to 1 or 2 and developer mode will be available.

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Nice idea.. But *.as is Actionscript and it was owned by Adobe System. Please change other extension for Sven Coop. I suggest *.agls for Angelscript.

Because i am using Flash Develop. Please change to *.agls for Angelscript. Thanks! If you don't know than you can download Adobe Creative Clounds and "Install" Flash CC 2015 or newer version than you can open *.as it is "Actionscript"

Please check wikipedia *.as!

Thanks for understanding owned extension of Flash.
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

So, i was making a map. Im doing (as test) only:
    A skybox,
    a flat plate,
    info_player_deathmatch entities.
    Compile error, (Note, on my screen its in German, im trying to translate as best as i can.)
    The Command failed. Windows reported the error:
    The Syntax of the Filename, Directoryname, Volume label is wrong. (Volume label is very probably wrong, but i don't know better)
    Continue?

Can anyone help?

Tester

@1lucia, The error -> The Syntax of the Filename, Directoryname, Volume label is wrong,
    can be caused due to having "spaces" in your path name. e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers,
    if this is the case, you need to enclose it in double quotes:
    "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers"

Also are you compiling via Hammer or some sort of batch process?

PS: If "spaces" in your path, is not the problem or is already in double quotes can you post your compile log ?
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

** Executing...
    ** Command: Change Directory
    ** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op"

** Executing...
    ** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps\SectoreZ.map" "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
    "Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch."

** Executing...
    ** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-CSG_x64.exe
    ** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ"

Unknown option "Co-op"
    hlcsg v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)

-= hlcsg Options =-

-console # : Set to 0 to turn off the pop-up console (default is 1)
    -lang file : localization file
    -nowadtextures : include all used textures into bsp
    -wadinclude file : place textures used from wad specified into bsp
    -noclip : don't create clipping hull
    -clipeconomy : turn clipnode economy mode on
    -cliptype value : set to smallest, normalized, simple, precise, or legacy (default)
    -nullfile file : specify list of entities to retexture with NULL
    -onlyents : do an entity update from .map to .bsp
    -noskyclip : disable automatic clipping of SKY brushes
    -tiny # : minmum brush face surface area before it is discarded
    -brushunion # : threshold to warn about overlapping brushes

-hullfile file : Reads in custom collision hull dimensions
    -wadcfgfile file : wad configuration file
    -wadconfig name : use the old wad configuration approach (select a group from wad.cfg)
    -texdata # : Alter maximum texture memory limit (in kb)
    -lightdata # : Alter maximum lighting memory limit (in kb)
    -chart : display bsp statitics
    -low | -high : run program an altered priority level
    -nolog : don't generate the compile logfiles
    -noresetlog : Do not delete log file
    -threads # : manually specify the number of threads to run
    -estimate : display estimated time during compile
    -verbose : compile with verbose messages
    -noinfo : Do not show tool configuration information
    -nonulltex : Turns off null texture stripping
    -nonullifytrigger: don't remove 'aaatrigger' texture
    -nolightopt : don't optimize engine light entities
    -notextconvert : don't convert game_text message from Windows ANSI to UTF8 format
    -dev # : compile with developer message

-wadautodetect : Force auto-detection of wadfiles
    -scale # : Scale the world. Use at your own risk.
    mapfile : The mapfile to compile

** Executing...
    ** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-BSP_x64.exe
    ** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ"

Unknown option "Co-op"
    hlbsp v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)

-= hlbsp Options =-

-leakonly : Run BSP only enough to check for LEAKs
    -subdivide # : Sets the face subdivide size
    -maxnodesize # : Sets the maximum portal node size

-notjunc : Don't break edges on t-junctions (not for final runs)
    -nobrink : Don't smooth brinks (not for final runs)
    -noclip : Don't process the clipping hull (not for final runs)
    -nofill : Don't fill outside (will mask LEAKs) (not for final runs)
    -noinsidefill : Don't fill empty spaces
    -noopt : Don't optimize planes on BSP write (not for final runs)
    -noclipnodemerge: Don't optimize clipnodes
    -nonulltex : Don't strip NULL faces
    -nohull2 : Don't generate hull 2 (the clipping hull for large monsters and pushables)
    -viewportal : Show portal boundaries in 'mapname_portal.pts' file

** Executing...
    ** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-VIS_x64.exe

Unknown option "Co-op"
    hlvis v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)

-= hlvis Options =-

-full : Full vis
    -fast : Fast vis

-maxdistance # : Alter the maximum distance for visibility

** Executing...
    ** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op SDK\mapping\compilers\SC-RAD_x64.exe

Unknown option "Co-op"
    hlrad v3.4-VL34-SC5.0 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)

-= hlrad Options =-

-waddir folder : Search this folder for wad files.
    -fast : Fast rad
    -vismatrix value: Set vismatrix method to normal, sparse or off .
    -extra : Improve lighting quality by doing 9 point oversampling
    -bounce # : Set number of radiosity bounces
    -ambient r g b : Set ambient world light (0.0 to 1.0, r g b)
    -limiter # : Set light clipping threshold (-1=None)
    -circus : Enable 'circus' mode for locating unlit lightmaps
    -nospread : Disable sunlight spread angles for this compile
    -nopaque : Disable the opaque zhlt_lightflags for this compile

-smooth # : Set smoothing threshold for blending (in degrees)
    -smooth2 # : Set smoothing threshold between different textures
    -chop # : Set radiosity patch size for normal textures
    -texchop # : Set radiosity patch size for texture light faces

-notexscale : Do not scale radiosity patches with texture scale
    -coring # : Set lighting threshold before blackness
    -dlight # : Set direct lighting threshold
    -nolerp : Disable radiosity interpolation, nearest point instead

-fade # : Set global fade (larger values = shorter lights)
    -texlightgap # : Set global gap distance for texlights
    -scale # : Set global light scaling value
    -gamma # : Set global gamma value

-sky # : Set ambient sunlight contribution in the shade outside
    -lights file : Manually specify a lights.rad file to use
    -noskyfix : Disable light_environment being global
    -incremental : Use or create an incremental transfer list file

-dump : Dumps light patches to a file for hlrad debugging info

-nolog : Do not generate the compile logfiles

-colourgamma r g b : Sets different gamma values for r, g, b
    -colourscale r g b : Sets different lightscale values for r, g ,b
    -colourjitter r g b : Adds noise, independent colours, for dithering
    -jitter r g b : Adds noise, monochromatic, for dithering
    -customshadowwithbounce : Enables custom shadows with bounce light
    -rgbtransfers : Enables RGB Transfers (for custom shadows)

-minlight # : Minimum final light (integer from 0 to 255)
    -compress # : compress tranfer ( 0=32bit 1=16bit 2=8bit )
    -rgbcompress # : compress rgbtranfer ( 0=96bit 1=48bit 2=32bit 3=24bit )
    -softsky # : Smooth skylight.(0=off 1=on)
    -depth # : Thickness of translucent objects.
    -blockopaque # : Remove the black areas around opaque entities.(0=off 1=on)
    -notextures : Don't load textures.
    -texreflectgamma # : Gamma that relates reflectivity to texture color bits.
    -texreflectscale # : Reflectivity for 255-white texture.
    -blur # : Enlarge lightmap sample to blur the lightmap.
    -noemitterrange: Don't fix pointy texlights.
    -nobleedfix : Don't fix wall bleeding problem for large blur value.
    -drawpatch : Export light patch positions to file 'mapname_patch.pts'.
    -drawsample x y z r : Export light sample positions in an area to file 'mapname_sample.pts'.
    -drawedge : Export smooth edge positions to file 'mapname_edge.pts'.
    -drawlerp : Show bounce light triangulation status.
    -drawnudge : Show nudged samples.
    -drawoverload : Highlight fullbright spots

** Executing...
    ** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
    ** Parameters: +map "SectoreZ"

Manager

It's hard for me to tell what's going on here, but this looks like where the problem is appearing:

** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps\SectoreZ.map" "D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"

It looks like one of the directories is not set up correctly in Game Configurations or Build Programs.

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Hey

I found path than it can not compile complete.
    Like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lucia View Post
    ** Command: D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
    Please make sure and change path to "path"

Please change "Sven Coop" to "SvenCoop" if you update next version! Please don't use space! Thanks!
    PS: If you don't change than we use PatchCompiler by Nem. Allright?
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Quote Originally Posted by SourceSkyBoxer View Post
    Please make sure and change path to "path"

Please change "Sven Coop" to "SvenCoop" if you update next version! Please don't use space! Thanks!
    So, my path should be changed from
    D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe
    to
    "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop.exe"
    And, what do you mean by "Please change "Sven coop" to SvenCoop" if you update next version!
    When i update the game, do you get the choice do rename it? Or how exactly do you mean it.
    Thanks.

Tester

The problem is:
    ** Executing...
    In order for the compilers to start they need the file "SectoreZ.map" to be in the correct directory, it is not being copied across, so you can ignore (for the moment) all other errors/problems.

next Line:
    ** Parameters: "D:\Programme x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop\maps\SectoreZ.map"
    (This looks okay to me the path is enclosed in double quotes as it should be, the only possible problem I can see is "D:\Programme x86" (on D: drive). Also do you have a folder "C:\Programme x86" ? because it then says:

"D:\Programme x86:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop_addon\maps instead of C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoo\SectoreZ.map"
    These are both Errors. Note the extra ':' after x86 in "D:\Programme x86:"
    and that hammer then tries to fix this by swapping it to "C:\" (Which is also wrong.)

Suggest: Go into Hammer, Menu->Tools, Menu->Options, Pop-up Window -> "Configure Value Hammer" Check Both "Game Configurations" Tab and "Build Programs" Tabs. Look for any path beginning with "C:\" (They should all be on the same drive location which is D: in your setup)

If they are all on D: drive and you do not have "C:\Programme x86" on your C: drive, then I guess an old problem has re-occured (which I thought was fixed) and you may have to re-install Sven Coop and SC SDK to your C: Drive and then reconfigure the paths all to C: in "Game Configurations" Tab and "Build Programs" Tabs.

EDIT/forgot: Also check for any extra ':' in one of the path names.
    Last edited by wolf-3d; 06-02-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast