Thread: SvenCoopRPG converted for Sven Co-op 5.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: SvenCoopRPG converted for Sven Co-op 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    Is BSPEdit a part of SC, Steam or a separate download?
    To AdamR, this quote is why I must warm Lamar not to install third party programs inside Game Folder , newbies sometimes identified some third-party tools as STEAM side program and lead to fatal problem.

Anyone should has this general sense : don't mix up two programs each other made from different platform.

Example: STEAM files and Battle.net files place in same folder.
    Last edited by KaLo; 25-11-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Well I used notepad since I can not download any programs right now anyway and found that question mark next to the sword mdl and deleted it, but it still gives me an error. Am I suppose to backspace more than once to allign the code or to remove too many spaces etc? Also if I check simply for question marks I get what seems like thousands of them. Not sure if it is the same for the bsp program you linked too.

RCbot Waypointer

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    Well I used notepad since I can not download any programs right now anyway and found that question mark next to the sword mdl and deleted it, but it still gives me an error. Am I suppose to backspace more than once to allign the code or to remove too many spaces etc? Also if I check simply for question marks I get what seems like thousands of them. Not sure if it is the same for the bsp program you linked too.
    Hey Lamar,

BSPedit is a tool that makes it easier to edit the entity list directly in one step. Or you can use ripent to export, modifiy the list with notepad, then import the modified list, three steps to get it done. ripent is included in the maps folder of svencoop.

To fix the crash problem you just need to delete any garbage characters after the last } (bracket), then save it. All three maps need this fix.

As a alternative, you can still download the crash fixed bsps from SCmapdb, search for scrpg_crashfix_sc48.zip, the weapon models won't show correctly but you will be able to play. Also the rope in the first map won't work. (Note: You still need to install the maps from the classic mappack first before replacing the bsp's, so you have all the other files that go with the maps.)

I do have BlackShadow's package from the first post that fixes all the issues except the rope on the first map. I could send you what you need if BlackShadowX doesn't fix his link in the first post, but I'm not on my gaming PC right now and on a very slow internet connection, so I can't do that for a few days...

I haven't tried kalo's fix for the rope yet, but you can play the first map with my rope-teleport modified bsp. See post #14 in this topic... I'll try kalo's rope fix in the next few days...

No worries. But why not post it here on SC for everyone? That is if the scmapdb can not be updated properly yet.

Registered User GarompaEstomper's Avatar

when you fix it all and the rope part works properly, upload it on scmapdb please

Contributor

SvenCoopRPG
    Quote Originally Posted by spy-warrior View Post
    As I said, we made the changes necessary in a Beta version.
    Comme je l'ai dit, nous avons fait les modifications nécessaire dans une version Beta.
    ripent map: svencooprpg.bsp
    add: "spawnflags" "1"

Code:
    {
    "model" "*46"
    "targetname" "ropeladder"
    "classname" "func_ladder"
    "spawnflags" "1"
    }
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

RCbot Waypointer

I will try your fix spy-warrior...

I did try Kalo's rope ladder fix and it works, I changed it from this:

Code:
    {
    "model" "*46"
    "targetname" "ropeladder"
    }
    To this:

Code:
    {
    "model" "*46"
    }
    The rope ladder seems to work perfectly now. Before rope is lowered its not climbable, and after rope is lowered it is climbable. Thanks Kalo...

[edit] spy-warrior's rope fix also works! I have no idea which way is the proper way, but both fix's work...

------------------------------------------------------
    The rope may of been fixed in the classic mappack back in May? [Edit]Yep, I checked and the rope was fixed in the classic mappacks from these links. I found these links in this topic here...

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...l=1#post520132

Adam posted this...

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...l=1#post520189

Mappack links (svencooprpg rope is fixed in these mappacks):

http://www.svencoop.com/files/mappacks/ (official downloads? from development server?)

http://distfiles.lifeisabug.com/svencoop/maps_official (mirror)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ic_updated.rar (posted by solokiller)

------------------------------------------------------
    This was hard to find, and I think at least that first link should be pinned somplace or put on the main files page... I guess those mappacks are the same as the ones the team has on their development server?

I'm not sure, but I think both the main files page and scmapdb have the older versions of the svencoop_classic mappack...

@Lamar... I PMed you...
    Last edited by madmax2; 13-12-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Contributor

The bug a ladder in game engine
    http://scmapdb.com/map:svencoop-rpg

I looking for the players to test maps: server public
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12