Thread: SvenCoopRPG converted for Sven Co-op 5.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    trigger_BlackShadow BlackShadowX's Avatar

SvenCoopRPG converted for Sven Co-op 5.0

Hello Forum.

I decided convert SvenCoopRPG map. And i finally completed. Download link is on down below:

CHANGELOG :

Fixed crashing on SvenCoop 5.0 (Not by me)
    Added Global Model List to show models properly.
    Added .res .cfg .skl files.

Download Link:

http://www109.zippyshare.com/v/6pkJt75l/file.html

I.O.A.F Commander - Sven Co-op Force Adrian_Shephard's Avatar

Re: SvenCoopRPG converted for Sven Co-op 5.0

You should tell spy-warrior upload it on SCMAPDB..
    >>S.V.E.N I.O.A.F - Sven Co-op GVN Team<<

Signature is too big, please read the rules.

Manager

The beauty of SCMDB is any of you can upload to it... Even replace existing files.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Contributor

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/43372-READ-FIRST-Frequently-Asked-Questions

Q: I'm a veteran and have noticed that some maps previously shipped with the mod aren't included in version 5.0 :'(

A: Some maps had to be left out for the official Steam release. The maps that have been cut between 4.8 and 5.0, many of which have received updates, will be released seperately in a map pack later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadowX View Post
    I decided convert SvenCoopRPG map. And i finally completed. Download link is on down below:
    You have added the files that are already in the game!
    *.wad & *.mdl
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    Even replace existing files.
    Well, only if you have an account and are the page owner.

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    Well, only if you have an account and are the page owner.
    No. You just need to register. As another said previously, it's in the style of a Wiki. I have updated several pages that I don't own. Having said that, you must exercise care and responsibility; make sure your changes are beneficial and not erroneous. This means test, test and test before updating/replacing a file there.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpark View Post
    No. You just need to register. As another said previously, it's in the style of a Wiki. I have updated several pages that I don't own. Having said that, you must exercise care and responsibility; make sure your changes are beneficial and not erroneous. This means test, test and test before updating/replacing a file there.
    It still doesn't apply for renaming/updating/deleting files. I actually have a file there I tried to rename, overwrite or delete and I get the message that I must be page owner to do any of those.
    Last edited by nico; 19-02-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    It still doesn't apply for renaming/updating/deleting files. I actually have a file there I tried to rename, overwrite or delte and I get the message that I must be page owner to do any of those.
    Fair enough then. I have added new d/l links, and edited existing links (as far as I remember) and u/l new files to pages without being owner.

It's preferable to have a level of permission though, else some moron could just delete the lot, or substitute virus files for the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by spy-warrior View Post

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthread.php/43372-READ-FIRST-Frequently-Asked-Questions

You have added the files that are already in the game!
    *.wad & *.mdl
    Added those for just in case.

For SCMapDB yeah i can't upload a map already existed. So we have to inform or wait him to upload.
    Last edited by BlackShadowX; 20-02-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Contributor

http://scmapdb.com/map:svencoop-rpg

Included in the Classic Map Pack

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpark View Post
    ... This means test, test and test before updating/replacing a file there.
    Yes,

We must test and validate the changes.
    The administrators and moderators work on their free time.

Nous devons tester et valider les modifications.
    Les administrateurs et les modérateurs travaillent sur leur temps libre.

La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop

SvenCoopRPG in Classic Map Pack crashes game. They released crash fix but models won't showing properly. Also i writed the changelog. You can say mine is fully converterd i think.

Contributor

see, scrpg_crashfix_sc48.zip in wiki SvenCoopRPG

As I said, we made the changes necessary in a Beta version.
    Comme je l'ai dit, nous avons fait les modifications nécessaire dans une version Beta.
    Last edited by spy-warrior; 09-03-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop

I installed scrpg_crashfix_sc48.zip but server died 20 minutes later, -debug parameter didn't work so it stayed dead, thanks for providing this one.

RCbot Waypointer

Thanks for the patched bsp's and model list, etc. However, the rope shortcut in the first map is still not climbable (broken since sc3.0). From what I have read, this issue will be fixed properly, in a future map pack release (svencoop_classic pack I guess?). A few months ago, I added a teleport to that rope (ripent), as a fix to play the map with rcbot (sc4.8). I've checked it in sc5.x and it works fine... You can't go through the teleport until the rope has been lowered from the rope coil on the ledge above. So the shortcut works about the same as deathbog intended...

This is my first & probably last attempt at ripent... The rope has been broken over 10 years, and I thought a fix would never get done. So, I thought this was better than nothing, and perhaps someone might want it? I would of fixed the rope properly, but it's beyond my knowledge and the time I had to work on it... (it's probably a very simple quick fix to those who know how?)

Anyways, you can get the rope-teleport patched svencoopRPG.bsp from this post...
    (I hope this is ok to post here, if not, i'll just remove it?)

http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/...ndpost&p=13850

Btw, rcbot currently does NOT work on sc5.x...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34rd5js.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	17104  

I tried to fix that but i guess it's not a thing that can fixable with a Entity editor.

I got this from the most recent map pack, considering I only got back to SC a month or so ago. Anyway all three maps give me a little white box that pops up and says "Fatal Error

ED_Loadfromfile: found ? When" with the question mark being in a black diamond.

When this happens the game and Steam lock up and I have to ctrl alt del to force an exit and even then the game persists. (From task manager I have to end Steam and then attempt to end the gui? And then click back on the SC on the front task bar and it shows a black screen. I click on it once and it turns to white then options to exit.) Anyone know what is causing it? I have not tried every map in the pack, but those four (three for scrpg.) do.

Also a map called Infiltrate also does the same thing and I am pretty sure it was from the same map pack since a bunch of maps seemed to pop up when installed. Yet other newer games seem to run fine.

Also could you not simply make a ladder with a rope texture? Ladders are still climbable are they not? And if that can not be done, why not make it scaleable like in Legend of Zelda with just a cliff wall?
    Last edited by Lamar; 24-11-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    I got this from the most recent map pack, considering I only got back to SC a month or so ago. Anyway all three maps give me a little white box that pops up and says "Fatal Error

ED_Loadfromfile: found ? When" with the question mark being in a black diamond.
    I downloaded the original svencooprpg , and the problem is here:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadowX View Post
    I tried to fix that but i guess it's not a thing that can fixable with a Entity editor.
    In fact , I already fixed that rope with my entity editor , but the converted one is only for misfire's server.

Why it won't work before?
    Because at the latest version , func_ladder with "targetname" is START ON when map loaded, after an event triggers this targetname , the func_ladder turns OFF, so you can't use it after the dropping rope event.

Solution:
    Remove the "targetname" "ropeladder" from entity with "model" "*46", make it always ON, don't worry , something invisible is already blocking the ladder before the dropping rope event.

Last edited by KaLo; 25-11-2016 at 01:14 AM.

Is BSPEdit a part of SC, Steam or a separate download? I tried to open it in notepad and was bombarded by letters and symbols...

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    Is BSPEdit a part of SC, Steam or a separate download? I tried to open it in notepad and was bombarded by letters and symbols...
    Nope , it was third-party program.

If you doubt the source , you can see this thread I started:
    http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...209#post525209

CAUTION: Do not install it inside the Steam Folder , or VAC will detect it and trigger VAC Ban.
    Last edited by KaLo; 25-11-2016 at 06:17 AM.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by KaLo View Post
    CAUTION: Do not install it inside the Steam Folder , or VAC will detect it and trigger VAC Ban.
    Lol really??
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    Lol really??
    Wild .exe files inside STEAM folder will be detected as intruder program , that's how VAC work :/

(my friend had one time got VAC banned because he installed Half-life Logo Creator inside the STEAM folder)
    Last edited by KaLo; 25-11-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Game tester  
    Programmer

hmm sounds fishy, vac "deep scan" hashes the file and takes note of the filename and checks those against a database, so some tag program wont trigger a ban -- unless it was just a renamed hack program lol
    iirc vac3 will even scan your whole disk (md5 hashing every file edit: it wont send the file, it just checks for known cheats, cheat drivers and such, also keeps record of your parts so they can ban devices from creating new accounts) instead of just doing steam folder
    anyways, dont take my word on it - its always safer to do your stuff from some other path than steam's installation folder
    Last edited by Zode; 25-11-2016 at 02:38 PM.

RCbot Waypointer

Wow, such a simple ladder fix, thanks for posting that kalo...

The weapon models still won't work without the fixes BlackShadowX did, and I see his link has expired...

I thought this fix, among others, was to be included with the sc_classic pack for sc5.0, has that been released yet? I missed it, if it was released?

Manager

About the ladder: If you have a trigger_relay or multi_manager send explicit ON trigger type to the func_ladder it will only enable it. The ladder will likely need to be checked that it starts inactive on map start though. (I remember getting this working a decade ago with a simple ripent.)
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by KaLo View Post
    Wild .exe files inside STEAM folder will be detected as intruder program , that's how VAC work :/

(my friend had one time got VAC banned because he installed Half-life Logo Creator inside the STEAM folder)
    I don't think that's quite how VAC works or I'd have been banned years ago. You have to have a known malicious fingerprint of a file being loaded in active memory (which is why plenty of privately distributed cheats remain undetected), or have modified a protected file of which Steam delivers such as game/engine binaries. This does not include content modification, for example making textures transparent. It is typically up to the game engine to verify content integrity if it wants to. All malicious fingerprints are added by Valve themselves and does not use any automation in the detection of new cheat software, so in other words if you got a VAC ban then you got caught with something known and tested by Valve.

It would also be difficult to know if a logo creator tool was the exact cause as VAC never discloses what it found on your system, and delayed bans from days to weeks usually always prevents end users knowing what it was that got found. (Particularly for those that use multiple cheats or related tools.)

It should also be noted that if such binaries are found on your system whether you put them there or not (aka "it was my brother") is irrelevant. The official advice is not to play on a VAC secured server on a system you cannot be certain is clean.

Also FYI if someone else is using your game via family library sharing and gets caught cheating the VAC plan also applies to the original owner as well as the user receiving the borrowed game, so trust with this feature is important.

[ All of this is me talking based on official advice and documentation handed to Steamworks developers. Not hearsay or guessing by the community. ]
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast