Thread: Cheats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Cheats

Impulse 101 N/A: Player slots is above 3

... let's bypass this silly restriction, shall we?

Update: I didn't know that sv_cheats 2 gets around the player count limit (just make sure to add yourself to admins.txt). You may want to just do that instead of installing this plugin. That said, you might still find this useful if you prefer chat commands, or if you don't want to bother with admins.txt.

This plugin aims to replicate the built-in cheats, while also adding a little more power to the commands.

Supported cheats:

.noclip - Fly through walls
    .godmode or .god - Take no damage
    .notarget - Monsters ignore you
    .nonsolid or .notouch - Things pass through you and triggers ignore you
    .rambo - Disables weapon cooldowns and reloading. All weapons fire at 20 fps.
    .impulse 101 - Gives all weapons, some ammo, and a battery (less efficient than .giveall)
    .impulse 50 - Toggle your HEV suit and HUD
    .give [item_name] - Give a weapon_ ammo_ or item_ entity
    .givepoints [points] - Add points to user score
    .giveall - Give all weapons and infinite ammo (I did this to make it more effecient than impulse 101)
    .healme or .heal - Fully restores health
    .chargeme or .charge or .recharge - Fully charges HEV suit
    .maxhealth [value] - Sets max health value
    .maxcharge [value] or .maxarmor [value] - Sets max armor value
    .revive - Brings you back to life
    .strip - Remove all weapons and ammo
    .speed [value] - Change movement speed (range is 0 to sv_maxspeed)
    .damage [value] - Change current weapon damage (most weapons don't respond to this properly, but future sven updates may improve support for this)
    .gravity [value] or .grav [value] - Change percentage of gravity applied to an individual (50 = 50% of sv_gravity). Overrides trigger_gravity if not set to 100.
    .cloak - Same as notarget but also makes your player model invisible

If I forgot a cheat, let me know and I'll consider adding it. I never use anything besides the big three (noclip/godmode/impulse 101), so I probably missed some.

Usage:

Cheats are enabled for admins at all times. To enable cheats for all players, say .cheats 1 or type it into the console. To enable cheats for a specific player, add their name to the end of the command. For example, .cheats 1 w00tguy would enable cheats only for that player.

Cheats that change state (godmode, noclip, notarget, and notouch) can optionally be given a 0/1 argument. If no argument is given, the player's cheat state will be toggled.

You can apply cheats to other players by adding their name as the last argument. To apply a cheat to all players in the server, use \all as the player name.

Use the .cheatlist command to list all available cheats. All commands can be typed in chat or in the console.

Some examples:
    Code:
    .god
    Toggles your god mode on/off.

Code:
    .god 1
    Enables your god mode (or leaves it on if you already have it enabled).

Code:
    .give weapon_rpg \all
    Gives every player in the server a rocket launcher. Note: You don't have to type \all, you can just type \.

Code:
    .god 1 w00tguy
    Enables godmode for the player named "w00tguy".

Other ways you could have done this:
    - Typing part of the name (.god 1 w00t or .god 1 guy)
    - Using w00tguy's Steam ID instead of username
    - Using the wrong capitalization (.god 1 W00tGUy)

If a player's name has spaces in it, surround it with quotes (.god 1 "w00tguy the yoloswag 2016").
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 24-01-2019 at 03:52 AM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Contributor

Re: Cheats

This makes local level testing and eventual plans for even some good old GoldSrc machinima much easier, thanks.

Manager

While I'm generally in favor of giving server admins as much freedom as possible, this is something that pretty much counteracts our efforts to prevent cheating in multiplayer games. We added player count restrictions for a reason.

If this particular style of plugin gets popular, we'll be updating the game to prevent the following:

- noclip
    - godmode
    - notarget
    - nonsolid
    - give
    - giveall
    - healme
    - chargeme
    - revive

Note:
    Sven Co-op allows players listed in "admins.txt" to have cheats enabled if sv_cheats is set to 2.
    We felt this was more acceptable than enabling cheats for any player that joins the server.

Maybe if you made that fact a bit more obvious Sniper plugins like this one wouldn't be required. Honestly it seems like your against the developers sometimes and want to make our jobs a lot harder. I thought you WANTED us to make AngelScript plugins instead of amxx mod and such, Lol.

Also who is this "our" your talking about? You?

Nice work w00tguy!
    Last edited by CryoKeen; 19-02-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Contributor

imho it is well understood that cheats are a developer feature mostly. by joining a public server you are subject to any shit that the server ops throw at you. it has always been like this in every Half-Life mod and generally has never been a problem that couldn't be resolved by just joining somewhere else. if the game is more fun when noclipping through maps with godmode, that should raise an entirely different concern regarding the design of the game itself. anyway since this is one of those ancient arguments that'll be all I'll have to say.

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

If a Severowner uses cheats to rush maps or allow them for players, I just connect to another server
    I like this script for a maptest to easy enable cheats on player when needed without having their id´s or stuff saved on the server

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Like all tools, the outcome of cheats usage depends upon the intent of the wielder. I regularly use cheats on my server (e.g. setting armour level, teleporting lost players, dropping a more newbie-friendly weapon etc) but always to help someone, maybe save them from an epic respawn journey, or if they have repeatedly failed to make some difficult jump and are about to quit I teleport them, or boost their AP/HP. I use cheats to try to ensure that everyone participating in the game enjoys it, as due to big differences in experience, some players may need admin assistance in order to continue. I feel strongly that it's important to keep the games enjoyable for new players, otherwise if they join a hard game (and 4.x is hard) and have a horrible time, they will quit in disgust and never return. This is the ultimate failure for both Devs and operators alike.

My point is that cheats can be beneficial if used responsibly, so I think that they shouldn't be disabled at an engine level just because some operators are dicks. There are always going to be dick operators, just like there will always be dick players. Disabling cheats will not inhibit their dick behaviour, but it will mean that responsible operators are denied a useful tool. Even if you do disable those commands, some dick will persevere until they find another way to pervert the nature of the game - just look at that deathmatch shit that has already occurred - it would be far more to the point to disable *that* at engine level, and leave operators the tools required to manage their games in an effective manner. Generally players will vote with their feet - if some dick operator heavily abuses cheats, all the sensible players will avoid that server, and (hopefully) all the dick players who like that sort of thing will stay there and not contaminate good servers - so in some ways, cheat abuse might even act beneficially as fly paper..

If you give operators the massive freedoms offered by Angelscript, you should allow similar discretion with cheat commands, or it's a double-standard. You can't (credibly) have have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    This plugin aims to replicate the built-in cheats, while also adding a little more power to the commands.
    Nice job w00tguy! That's a really handy plugin - I am often killed whilst trying to help someone via chat, or going into bad situations to rescue someone, and as the admin there it would be really handy to be able to revive myself without having to do the often tedious respawn journey or mess about with teleportation. With a hard game and custom maps (not designed for 4.x-5.x) tools like these can make the difference between an enjoyable game and a crap one. Usage is down to the discretion of the operator - any function/tool can be used for good or bad, but now responsible operators have more useful game options and also mappers have a really handy additional set of tools to augment the existing ones. Several of these are essential for repeated testing of maps in development stages - a real Swiss Army knife!

Manager

When it comes to the topic of cheats, we took certain measures to ensure the game is free of them from general public servers.
    Obviously if you're organizing a test, you can add players to your admin list.

Sven Co-op is pretty old, this topic has been discussed to death for years.
    The fact of the matter is the built-in cheat system is sufficient for level designers to debug their levels.

Sven Co-op doesn't require cheats to play -- if you find yourself needing to enable cheats on *public* servers to get through a level, that means the level was poorly designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    When it comes to the topic of cheats, we took certain measures to ensure the game is free of them from general public servers.
    Obviously if you're organizing a test, you can add players to your admin list.

Sven Co-op is pretty old, this topic has been discussed to death for years.
    The fact of the matter is the built-in cheat system is sufficient for level designers to debug their levels.

Sven Co-op doesn't require cheats to play -- if you find yourself needing to enable cheats on *public* servers to get through a level, that means the level was poorly designed.
    Yes I understand that - I'm not talking about needing cheats to complete a level as a player, I'm talking about using them as a server operator/admin, which I believe is w00tguy's intended purpose.

With respect, until you have run a server for any length of time, the distinction may not be obvious but is in fact very real. As a good operator your focus isn't on playing the game at all, but instead it's on managing the players successfully, and in this case, cheats can be very useful if used responsibly. A more efficient way to use them is beneficial in these circumstances, as your attention is split many ways on many people in different parts of the map, you often have multiple chat threads to manage concurrently (whilst each player expects your undivided attention) plus you have to duck bullets/monsters/massn grenades at the same time whilst often being stuck in lengthy chats which frequently gets you killed. This is very different to 'getting through a level'.

I would be very glad not to have to duck into console all the time to form fairly complex commands (it really kills your focus) if I can just use a shortcut in chat - and that's what this plugin is for. Yes, levels can be poorly designed, but can also be fun to play despite that - or the rest of the map at least. Using cheats to facilitate the majority of players (or to assist a minority) in completing the level means that the game is enjoyable, rather than being a horrible pain at one badly designed spot. Since improving the level design requires the sources, it's very rarely possible to fix the map, so cheats can be useful and justified here.
    Last edited by BlueSpark; 19-02-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: apostrophe fail x[

Donated 15NS$ for Sven's Holiday at the Bahamas Puchi's Avatar  
    Artist

I never really seen a point in giving access to cheats to the public but i am on a neutral point here.
    Mainly because when i started to play svencoop, i frequently played on a server which had an über-crowbar which dealt 1000 damage or something.
    The server admin has other means to make the game fun, or ruin it, than using cheats like godmode or noclip - it's just (depending on the tools and search and replace) more difficult to edit all cfgs.
    I never felt like using cheats in the public, but they were helpful during tests.
    Do it with passion, or not at all.
    Do not say everything you know. Know everything you say.
    [ MarySP ][ nacl-h2o ][ The next SC Version ♥♥♥♥ing pwns! ][Puchis Maps ]

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Note:
    Sven Co-op allows players listed in "admins.txt" to have cheats enabled if sv_cheats is set to 2.
    We felt this was more acceptable than enabling cheats for any player that joins the server.
    I almost didn't make this plugin because of that. Unfortunately, it seems sv_cheats 2 has the 3 player limit as well. My personal reason for wanting cheats is to make group testing easier, and if we could get an sv_cheats 2 that works above 3 players then I would be more than happy. Using cheats on non-admins was more an exercise in scripting, but I knew people would want that (BlueSpark is a great example).

I really don't think this plugin should be anything to worry about. Server owners have been using AMX cheat plugins for over a decade without setting the world on fire.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Manager

If it gets as popular as XP Mod (I could see that happening), we'll have to implement some protections. The keyword is if.

As far as I know, the "admins.txt" doesn't have a 3 player limit. If it does, that might be a bug.

Not in the circlejerk S. H. Lynx's Avatar

Unfortunately, it seems sv_cheats 2 has the 3 player limit as well.
    It doesn't, at least not in Linux Servers.

Servidor Hispano de Sven Co-op

Current HN: Luces en Babel / Babylon (Steam) - I no longer use S. H. Lynx on my work.
    SteamID

I only tested it on a listen server. I'm guessing it gave me the error because I didn't add my id to admins.txt. Shouldn't the server know that I'm an admin if I created the server, though? I had the golden icon and everything.

I guess this plugin just serves a lesser purpose than I thought it did. Although, I do really like that I don't have to bind 2 keys for noclip. *nudges devs*
    Love,
    w00tguy

I guess this plugin just serves a lesser purpose than I thought it did. Although, I do really like that I don't have to bind 2 keys for noclip. *nudges devs*
    Plus it's chat based which is a huuuge bonus! In the time it takes to flip to console, identify a player and execute some command on them, and to flip back - all manner of crap can have occurred - usually resulting in death. At the very least, I then have to go *back* to console to catch up on missed chat messages, and so the cycle continues..

Manager

File that on the bug tracker and I'll personally take care of it.

Adam has informed me that you can toggle godmode/noclip/etc. using the binds in map_test.cfg. By adding this to userconfig.cfg you can press one button to toggle godmode on/off:

Code:
    alias godmodeToggle "godon"
    alias godon "godmode 1; alias godmodeToggle godoff"
    alias godoff "godmode 0; alias godmodeToggle godon"

bind - "godmodeToggle"
    There are a lot of other useful binds in there, too.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 19-02-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Contributor

yesh cheats i can use everyday without need to harass the console and asphyxiate my server

I fixed the toggled cheats. Sometimes toggling a cheat on yourself or someone else would set it to "off" when it should have been "on".

Also, non-admin cheats are disabled on map change. This is so admins can't just turn on cheats and leave the server like that.

Download in first post.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Also, non-admin cheats are disabled on map change. This is so admins can't just turn on cheats and leave the server like that.
    That's a sensible precaution.

Somehow, it got disable during this new Update?? *curious* Hmm... I did re-add it in the plugins, and nothing??
    TEME RAAAA!!!!

Updated to v3 to support SC 5.0.2.

The .cheatlist command was also changed. It prints more helpful information into the console instead of a big string into the chat.
    Love,
    w00tguy

This is great! but i have a suggestion/request for another cheat that might be useful.

A cheat to kill the npc you're aiming to (or at least one that causes 9999999 damage) maybe you want to test a npc that has a lot of health and you need to kill it, doing that yourself alone is gruesome, maybe this kind of cheat would help? Thanks!
    Sven Co-op - Player, enthusiast, alien-reaper, Shotgun-lover
    Sven Co-op Forums - Addict, spam-hater, playing 5.0 a lot
    In-game name - Delacroix

I think something like that would better fit in with the Entity Manager plugin. This plugin is more for cheats that you apply to yourself or other players.

What about setting player weapon damage to 999999999 instead?
    Love,
    w00tguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast