Thread: Sven Co-op Update Released [Build 1005159]

Manager

Explosive Crate Sven Co-op Update Released [Build 1005159]

An update for Sven Co-op has been released. If you are running a dedicated server please use SteamCmd to update your servers. Those of you that were using the public release candidate can remain to do so, as this branch now matches the standard branch.

Changes are as follows:

Code: Game library

• Fixed the map vote class no longer adding maps to the list.
    • Map votes started using maps pulled from the map cycle now work properly.
    • Fixed crash when starting on Windows XP or 2003.
    • Fixed the static donor list being iterated every time a donor feature was checked if an on-line look-up failed.
    • Particle offsets can now be specified for attachment-based muzzle sprites, in the muzzle-sprite definition file.
    • Property "onground" of each player is now transferred to clients.

Code: Engine

• Fixed a crash when creating a custom entity class not present in the game library.
    • Fixed engine loading the client game library twice.
    • Fixed crash when starting on Windows XP or 2003.

Code: Sound

• Added a log message to the sound engine so that when the server fails to write the sound cache, it reports the error.
    • Fixed issue where unsigned integer overflow would result in an access violation in the materials lookup code.

Code: Non-playable characters

• [Houndeye] They now wake up properly again.
    • [Scientist] Fixed not being able to guide scientists when they have a classification allied to players.

Code: Equipment

• Fixed not being able to pick up items when only the "Use Only" flag is set.

Maps

Half-Life

• [HL C04] Fixed "no spawn points available" error after players arrive in the bunker.
    • [HL C13 A4] Made the map correctly restart when the scientist running the portal generator gets killed, instead of players constantly respawning and exploding instead of the map changing when survival mode was turned off.
    • [HL C17] Triggered the multi_manager that ends the map directly, instead of relying on cryptic Nihilanth code to teleport a single player to the end-of-map trigger.

Single Player Campaign Portal

• Added text to the campaign doors telling the player the area is locked by cvar or not installed.

Toonrun

• [Part 1] Re-compiled map with full lighting. (Partial compile got slipped in by mistake!)

Models

They Hunger

• [Civilian] Fixed the Civilian being invisible in one of the early They Hunger maps.

Scripts

• [Survival] Added a newline at the end of the Survival mode enabled message.

Other

Delta

• Added variable "onground".

SDK

• [CSG map tool] Removing the ability to not null "AAATRIGGER" textures because there's little reason to render those.
    • [VIS map tool] Added a check that causes BasePortalVis to trigger an error if the requested portal buffer size exceeds the maximum size.
    • [VIS map tool] Increased the "max_portals" limit to 131,072 from 32,768.

Skill

• Reduced grenade damage. (Updated to correspond with various AI/gameplay improvements related to grenades.)

Version details

Steam build ID numbers: Game 1005159, dedicated server tool 1005161, SDK tool 1005162.

Please use the steam build ID number as a reference when posting an issue or query on our message boards. You can find the build number you currently have within Steam by right clicking our game or tools, selecting Properties, then selecting the Local Files tab.

Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Re: Sven Co-op Update Released [Build 1005159]

Updated and running.
    The game itself now runs with a very, very smooth framerate on virtually any map, with no need for additional config.
    Is that a surprise for 5.03?

Anyway thanks for the hard work, and looking forward to 4.0 mappack BTW

ok , i have sven for a while now until yesterday 03-01-2016 ( before the update everything is working fine) i have a Windows 7 premium 6GB.
    I install the new update (03-02-2016) and i get this in every server i tried to enter.. why ? i uninstall , install HL justin case and then install sven co-op , still the same problems please help thank you. ( and no everything on steam is up to date and my cp works good, my internet is good too)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sven.png 
Views:	360 
Size:	380.1 KB 
ID:	17026  

Quote Originally Posted by Gingi71 View Post
    ok , i have sven for a while now until yesterday 03-01-2016 ( before the update everything is working fine) i have a Windows 7 premium 6GB.
    I install the new update (03-02-2016) and i get this in every server i tried to enter.. why ? i uninstall , install HL justin case and then install sven co-op , still the same problems please help thank you. ( and no everything on steam is up to date and my cp works good, my internet is good too)
    Because you tried to join an out-dated server.

Will start putting the maps I removed from mapcycle back in the server. I hope they will stop crashing

Contributor

Cool that XP players can play again.

Also, has the creation func_vehicle changed (entity still not spawning), or are we gonna have to wait till next update?

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR
    [VIS map tool] Increased the "max_portals" limit to 131,072 from 32,768.
    Yeah You find to fix vis map tool and how does flashlight work now? Good job. I am very hopefully.

I will test after my work.
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Dammit! Update wrote over my existing motd.. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by The303 View Post

Also, has the creation func_vehicle changed (entity still not spawning), or are we gonna have to wait till next update?
    It seems a change in the angelscript file path stuff in 5.02 causes any script in the addon folder not being able to include a steampipe relative path, so use the actual (can still be relative) path of the file to include on disk in your map script.
    Last edited by nico; 03-03-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by itprotj View Post
    Dammit! Update wrote over my existing motd.. Heh.
    Ah sorry another file not marked as user configurable. (I don't notice as I use the "servers" folder for my configs.)
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    Ah sorry another file not marked as user configurable. (I don't notice as I use the "servers" folder for my configs.)
    No worries. Mapcycle did the same if its any help. Your way sounds good though might give that a go

Manager

That does help, thanks.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Good work!*I was just wondering: you only mention updates having direct repercussion on players. But how is it going with the problems of the Goldsource code? Are you obliged to have recourse to some tricks when you fix/add features to be sure not to break anything? Or are you taking advantage of the opportunity to make tidier some part of the code? I'm not asking for anything, I'm just really passionate about the Goldsource engine and how you work with it. :P
    Loulimi (also Barney, barney27, Loullimi)
    I want to save the Goldsource's knwoledge and community.
    Creator of the mod Shift-Two.

Let Vengeance Be Mine! CozmicShredder's Avatar

Just curious where is the file located to see what server build number is at within the SteamCMD/SvenCoop folder?? I usually check the file to review if I already updated the server in case I forgot??

Thanks!

Manager

I wasn't aware there was such a file. Perhaps it's just in the client registry. :s
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Game tester  
    Tester

Quote Originally Posted by CozmicShredder View Post
    Just curious where is the file located to see what server build number is at within the SteamCMD/SvenCoop folder?? I usually check the file to review if I already updated the server in case I forgot??

Thanks!
    Open [SvenDSdir]/steamapps/appmanifest_276060.acf as a text file and check buildid line.

Manager

That's useful to know, thanks.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Hi,look i been playing a lot of svencoop and now rarely when i use the flashlight it lags or freeze all my stuff,later someone told me to put software not OpenGl i put software and the game crashes, when i click the game tolds me that it will be using the software , BUT later the resolution of the game goes off like 640x400 and the menu i couldnt see it so i wanted to put settings or options and i counldt see the video options so i cant put OpenGl again or at least change the resolution.Some one can help me?
    P.SÇ: it doesnt work Alt+Enter so i cant put it on windowed