Thread: [SC 5.x] Combine Overwatch (Concept/Pre-release)

Tester

[SC 5.x] Combine Overwatch (Concept/Pre-release)

The future is here!

Well, at least the future when I release those long-promised Combine Overwatch models with custom skins.
    Now, those skins aren't exactly "custom". It's more like a recreation of concept/pre-release skins of Overwatch forces. Sadly, not all concept skins are included as I haven't found them.
    And again, those skins (with the exception of two or three) are not by me, I just edited them to fit the models.
    Warning: Very long picture.

Download here.

Credits:
    Valve
    The person who ported them
    Captain Charles
    Me

Notes:
    Sounds included.
    You might be wondering what the difference between the first and the third model in the third row is. The model on the very right is the actual leak skin which I extracted from HL2 beta leak, while the model on the left is just a recreaction.

Last edited by Military Police; 04-11-2017 at 10:02 AM.

I miss you so much, dear!

Re: [SC 5.x] Combine Overwatch (Concept/Pre-release)

Omg it's the rozzer's, haul ass peeps!

Nice job MP. You got the sounds working on them too.

Tester

Thanks. I was also planning for them to be using custom sounds for running, but in the end decided not to. Not only was I unable to make it work, I also discussed it with DGF and came to the conclusion it was probably better this way.

These are great. Thanks.

Good models

Tester

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

So can these be made into non_player NPCs, as in actual enemy units you encounter and fight or simply the player's avatar skins?

Tester

These are only player models. It would be possible to make them NPCs, but I'm afraid it's a lot of work and I doubt anyone would be actually willing to do it. I myself lack the skills to do so.

I would like to see stuff like this in Sven Co-op along with man-hacks. (Although arguably I understand the MH would have to be simplified due to the game engine.) I use to play 7op religiously back in the day and only just now got back into it. (Thanks to it becoming a stand alone game.) I would of thought due to it being based on HL tech that there already would be such things. I could see different maps and scenarios entailing the 7Hr War and its aftermath up until and possibly even after Gordon came back around. Graphics of HL2 of course not, but mapping and story wise yes, with hefty and happy fun 7op play.

And if you made a player model skin, how hard is it to make a skin for a current human soldier already in the game like the op soldiers? The AI does not need to change just the skins although you could add voice clips from HL2 to make it more complete up to a point.

However I think another map I found after posting this uses such enemy skins from the description but I am not sure since I have not tried it myself yet.

Perhaps the roles could be reversed and everyone uses the Overwatch skins and we fight the Rebels.