Thread: weapon_custom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Re: weapon_custom

Hmm, you might have run into the bug where the entity order breaks weapon spawns. What I usually do to fix that is cut and paste the weapon entity. Then if that doesn't work I start from scratch and add each entity one by one hoping it doesn't break. I haven't yet figured out why this happens and if it's possible for me to fix.

The error you got is actually an error with trying to report an error (..kek). You should have been told "WEAPON_CUSTOM ERROR: Failed to find weapon_custom_effect [name of effect]". That means that some keyvalue used the wrong name, or that the effect ent didn't spawn in time due to the weird entity order bug.
    Love,
    w00tguy

more wpoly = more fun Tuesday's Avenger's Avatar  
    Contributor

That makes some sense -- I was able to get the effect part working by simply removing and repasting it. I will try the same with the pickup.

Is that an error with angelscript / entities in general, or just something you've run into with your script?

Problems aside, I just want to say thank you for creating these tools -- the possibilities for mappers are amazing, and just a ton of fun to play with. Awesome work.

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Hmm, you might have run into the bug where the entity order breaks weapon spawns. What I usually do to fix that is cut and paste the weapon entity. Then if that doesn't work I start from scratch and add each entity one by one hoping it doesn't break. I haven't yet figured out why this happens and if it's possible for me to fix.

The error you got is actually an error with trying to report an error (..kek). You should have been told "WEAPON_CUSTOM ERROR: Failed to find weapon_custom_effect [name of effect]". That means that some keyvalue used the wrong name, or that the effect ent didn't spawn in time due to the weird entity order bug.

^ Thanks for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlack1337 View Post
    theres bug before. follows bugs;
    hold Reload
    hold mouse1 and mouse2 = Ammo inf.
    Ammo regen amount ignore max ammo
    These bugs and the broken error message Tuesday posted are now fixed (download from master).

Btw ninja, the max ammo count is set on the weapon_custom_ammo entity. The Default Ammo keyvalue does not control max ammo, it instead fills the clip to that amount when you first pick up the weapon. For the default ammo types, the default max ammo is used (to prevent inconsistencies with the default weapons).

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesday's Avenger View Post
    Is that an error with angelscript / entities in general, or just something you've run into with your script?
    I've noticed the same thing with trigger_createentity too. Sometimes it just stops spawning things until I cut and paste the entity that it copies the model from. I just assumed it was an SC bug so I haven't looked into it much.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 03-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Contributor

An update:

Awesome Tues!

Just another co-op player Maestro Fénix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlack1337 View Post
    How about NPCS custom?
    While they are far from being considerated templates, you can see my custom Pit Drone and my turrets as a guide.

Once I return to home in september for a bit, maybe I will try doing a template if by the time no one has done it.

Here we go again

Updated to work with SC 5.11+.

You can change the primary/secondar/tertiary fire modes dynamically now. Other settings like sounds, effects, clip size, and movement speed can also be changed with trigger_changevalue.

I tried making monster_custom a few months ago but there isn't enough of the API exposed so I gave up. I left the entities and scripts for it in this release so you can try it out anyway.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Quote Originally Posted by w00tguy123 View Post
    Updated to work with SC 5.11+.

You can change the primary/secondar/tertiary fire modes dynamically now. Other settings like sounds, effects, clip size, and movement speed can also be changed with trigger_changevalue.

I tried making monster_custom a few months ago but there isn't enough of the API exposed so I gave up. I left the entities and scripts for it in this release so you can try it out anyway.
    Someone should do a ww2 model replacement for this and port it to They Hunger Ep3 coop ASAP! At last the Sven Co-op Half life expansion and weapons all-in-one collection, will be complete!

Contributor

I was testing this out recently; it seems that dropping a custom weapon now fails to remove the weapon from your inventory, but renders it unusable. Hitting drop also spits out a "copy" of the custom weapon which uses the weapon models, but seems to function as an ammo pickup.

That was fixed in master but I haven't gotten around to releasing a new version (wanted to add more stuff but got lazy). You can download the latest scripts here for now.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Contributor

This is great, thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12