Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Sven Co-op Update Released [Build 1213242]

I didn't crash in RC with 4,9k models.

sc_robination_revised -> Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    I didn't crash in RC with 4,9k models.

sc_robination_revised -> Where is it?
    It only happen when you are using Win10....

Quote Originally Posted by KaLo View Post
    It only happen when you are using Win10....
    Which I do.

PLEASE , i WANT SOFTWARE RENDERING MODE BACK

Linux enthusiast/ The Spλce Biker JORGETECH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poentavy View Post
    That is the most stupid idea I've ever heard. The Software rendering is old, slow and doesn't work well in Sven Co-op. Seriously if your computer does not have a Dedicated or Integrated OpenGL graphics card I would seriosly consider throwing it or updating it. Almost all computers since some years ago have OpenGL support so having Sofware rendering is worthless and creates a lot of problems.

BTW Linux client works very well, good job.

yay for linux client. Great work, Solokiller!

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
    yay for linux client. Great work, Solokiller!
    And Adam and Duggles
    - David "Sniper" McDermott
    Sven Co-op Lead Programmer
    "I mean it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

I.O.A.F Spy/Support member Mrbond123's Avatar

Adam, can you fix the media player in Svencoop

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbond123 View Post
    Adam, can you fix the media player in Svencoop
    If you'd like to report a problem, please post here:
    http://forums.svencoop.com/forumdisp...p-Tech-Support

after the update i tried opening the game, but its crashing at the main menu and i can't do anything

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Samer View Post
    WHY DID U REMOVE SOFTWARE MODE? how can i play this game now >.<
    Out of curiosity, what CPU and GPU do you guys have, and why wouldn't you be able to buy an entry-level card to play modern games? If you're on a laptop with integrated graphics then I guess that explains it.

Edit: This card would probably work fine too for a fraction of the price.
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 06-07-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by SuperioX View Post
    after the update i tried opening the game, but its crashing at the main menu and i can't do anything
    Is there an error message? Is it after you open the 'options' menu perchance?

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by KaLo View Post
    But.....pls fix the Option bug (it crashed me when I possess too many player models, and click any "OK" "Cancel" will lag a little)

Also , this one keep returning to Disabled whatever I select Large Cache. It still "Disabled"

Attachment 17370
    That drop down controls the value of "hpk_maxsize". It sets the value to 0 (disabled), 2 (enabled), or 16 (enabled with larger cache). Do you have this CVAR set in another file (like your autoexec or userconfig) that could be overriding the GUI?

Software mode will not be returning. It's been on the roadmap to be removed for a while now, but it did get removed earlier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by JORGETECH View Post
    That is the most stupid idea I've ever heard. The Software rendering is old, slow and doesn't work well in Sven Co-op. Seriously if your computer does not have a Dedicated or Integrated OpenGL graphics card I would seriosly consider throwing it or updating it. Almost all computers since some years ago have OpenGL support so having Sofware rendering is worthless and creates a lot of problems.
    It's no more silly than the people complaining about Direct3D getting removed. (Which wasn't our choice but we would have done it anyway.) Half of the crowd want one way and the other half want the other way. We have come to learn that not all feedback is right and no matter what action we take, including none at all, we will always receive disapproval from some section of the community. Therefore we will continue to do what we can and try to make the best of it, but that doesn't mean we're going to be closed off to feedback entirely.

You're right about OpenGL becoming more supported though. Even Intel GPUs from the 2nd generation i5 processors did a fairly good job at playing Minecraft, and that gets way worse frame rates than Sven Co-op in my personal experience of nVidia, AMD, and Intel GPUs.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

I've been trying to play back demos recorded the day before this new patch was released; My game either crashes on some demo files or spits out this in the console:

BUILD 7063 SERVER (0 CRC)
    Server # 164
    Your client side .dll [cl_dlls\client.dll] failed the CRC check.
    The .dll may be out of date, or the demo may have been recorded using an old version of the .dll.
    Consider obtaining an updated version of the .dll from the server operator.
    Demo playback proceeding.
    Invalid file type...skipping download of maps/arcad_v1.cfg
    Warning! File maps/soundcache/arcad_v1.txt missing during demo playback.
    No detail texture mapping file: maps/arcad_v1_detail.txt
    Last 32 messages parsed.
    4675 11640 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11643 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11646 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11649 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11652 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11655 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11658 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11661 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11664 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11667 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11670 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11673 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11676 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11679 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11682 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11685 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11688 svc_lightstyle
    4675 11691 svc_setangle
    4675 11698 svc_choke
    4675 11699 svc_setangle
    4675 11706 svc_clientdata
    4675 11841 svc_signonnum
    4675 11843 svc_voiceinit
    4675 0000 svc_time
    4675 0005 svc_choke
    4675 0006 svc_clientdata
    4675 0141 svc_packetentities
    4675 0230 svc_stopsound
    4675 0233 svc_cdtrack
    4675 0236 SetFOV
    4675 0238 svc_setpause
    BAD: 240:svc_bad
    Host_Error: CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message - svc_bad

Contributor

hmm are you trying to pause it at any time during the demo playback?

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
    I've been trying to play back demos recorded the day before this new patch was released; My game either crashes on some demo files or spits out this in the console:
    That's because some of the messages no longer exist. Not sure if it was supposed to affect demo playback, but definitely HLTV messages have gone.

I'd always use something like Open Broadcaster (classic or studio) to record game play. Particularly as the engine doesn't receive any sound signal from FMOD so you couldn't have recorded sound anyway. OB is what I used when I streamed 5.0 footage to Twitch and YouTube prior to release, though you can also use it to save good quality video files too.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    I'd always use something like Open Broadcaster (classic or studio) to record game play. Particularly as the engine doesn't receive any sound signal from FMOD so you couldn't have recorded sound anyway. OB is what I used when I streamed 5.0 footage to Twitch and YouTube prior to release, though you can also use it to save good quality video files too.
    I actually prefer not to have game sounds in demos as what I'm trying to capture is speech communication that happens between players. Gunshots and other sound effects just muddy the audio.

I use OBS to record the demos after the fact.

So basically what you're telling me is those demos I previously recorded are gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    That's because some of the messages no longer exist. Not sure if it was supposed to affect demo playback, but definitely HLTV messages have gone.

So basically you're saying you've removed demos and they are not coming back?

Why do you guys just keep removing features while at the same time refuse to fix the problems that the players want fixed? This update is complete garbage.

Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx View Post

Why do you guys just keep removing features while at the same time refuse to fix the problems that the players want fixed? This update is complete garbage.
    You've misunderstood. HLTV was removed, so the network messages it sends are gone meaning if a client encounters one it consisers it a corrupt message. I am not aware of any intention to remove the demo functionality.

Manager

We're stripping the code base of parts that are unmaintainable. If you want us to fix problems, you're going to have to deal with some casualties along the way. Things will improve, and no, the update isn't garbage. We fixed a lot of stuff for people just like you.

HLTV
    We don't support HLTV, and you wouldn't want to either. We would have to maintain two separate code bases, so it got the axe.

Demo Playback
    If you look around, most game developers have stopped supporting demo playback. If we can do something to fix the feature and keep it working, we will, but it's not a priority over the actual game.

Software mode
    We stopped supporting this 8 years ago. If desktop players have a problem, they can purchase a $30 GeForce GTX 210 at Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130606
    There are numerous reasons why software mode had to go, but if you want new stuff we have to do our best to cut away the cruft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    HLTV
    We don't support HLTV, and you wouldn't want to either. We would have to maintain two separate code bases, so it got the axe.

Demo Playback
    If you look around, most game developers have stopped supporting demo playback. If we can do something to fix the feature and keep it working, we will, but it's not a priority over the actual game.
    I personally don't even care that future demos won't use HLTV, I care about the functionality of it and the inability to play back previously recorded demos atm.

There isn't a way I can temporarily load 5.03 to transfer these demos I have over to video, and then switch back to the current patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    We're stripping the code base of parts that are unmaintainable. If you want us to fix problems, you're going to have to deal with some casualties along the way. Things will improve, and no, the update isn't garbage. We fixed a lot of stuff for people just like you.
    Well then fix problems! svc_bad is the biggest, glaring problem in Sven Co-op today that affects everyone and it seems like it's not even on your radar even though it's been mentioned in this thread and numerous other times. Yet these random little problems and "optimizations" that don't effect 90% of the players get all the attention like they were game breaking bugs when they're not. It's a tad ridiculous.

And please quit blaming us, your playerbase, for your shortcomings just because we notice bugs. We want Sven to thrive and it's frustrating when we come to you, the only people who can fix it, and you tell us it's our fault for pointing it out and that we should be grateful to you that the game works at all.

I know I don't know how everything runs behind the scenes but at times it seems like you guys work against the players rather than with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggles View Post
    You've misunderstood. HLTV was removed, so the network messages it sends are gone meaning if a client encounters one it consisers it a corrupt message. I am not aware of any intention to remove the demo functionality.
    Oh alright, I was under the impression they were completely gone. I guess it's just demos that were recorded before this update. Sorry

Manager

Stuff
    So this is the future of svencoop

Manager

Well then fix problems! svc_bad is the biggest, glaring problem in Sven Co-op today that affects everyone and it seems like it's not even on your radar even though it's been mentioned in this thread and numerous other times. Yet these random little problems and "optimizations" that don't effect 90% of the players get all the attention like they were game breaking bugs when they're not. It's a tad ridiculous.

And please quit blaming us, your playerbase, for your shortcomings just because we notice bugs. We want Sven to thrive and it's frustrating when we come to you, the only people who can fix it, and you tell us it's our fault for pointing it out and that we should be grateful to you that the game works at all.

I know I don't know how everything runs behind the scenes but at times it seems like you guys work against the players rather than with them.

Oh alright, I was under the impression they were completely gone. I guess it's just demos that were recorded before this update. Sorry

You should... read the changelog buddy.

Programmer

Well then fix problems! svc_bad is the biggest, glaring problem in Sven Co-op today
    You cannot get rid of svc_bad. svc_bad is an error handling mechanism used by the networking code. You can see it used in Quake2 as the default message type, because if a network message doesn't match any of the known network messages, then it's most likely corrupt and the client shuts down because it would never be able to recover. This update fixes three separate causes of svc_bad happening when it shouldn't (that is, when the network messages are not actually corrupt, but the game thinks they are because of other reasons). The three problems are quite separate and cover a wide range of different cases where svc_bad was happening incorrectly. svc_bad will never be completely gone, because that would be bad programming practice (you have to handle errors somehow). It should, however, be much less frequent than it was in previous updates (and even in any other game based on the half-life engine). If you do encounter a svc_bad bug, do let us know (just like what was done in this thread) and we'll investigate. Everybody on the team understands it is a problem. It has happened to us countless times, and there has been a concerted effort to try to minimise it where possible, which is what we've attempted to do in this update.

that affects everyone and it seems like it's not even on your radar even though it's been mentioned in this thread and numerous other times. Yet these random little problems and "optimizations" that don't effect 90% of the players get all the attention like they were game breaking bugs when they're not. It's a tad ridiculous.

And please quit blaming us, your playerbase, for your shortcomings just because we notice bugs.
    I hope nobody feels this way. Nobody on the team blames anybody for noticing bugs. It would be completely counterproductive to have a negative attitude towards people who report problems or bugs. So we are happy when someone reports a problem and we can figure out why it's happening and, hopefully, fix it in a reasonable amount of time. I, certainly, do not want to ignore errors; in particular game-breaking ones. If someone points me to an error I will try to investigate and resolve it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast