Thread: [Custom Weapons] World War 2 Guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    200 MB Angelscript log file KernCore's Avatar

Re: [Custom Weapons] World War 2 Guns

Update released, make sure to update every single file you guys have

Thank you
    Anitalink.com
    Жизнь порой несправедлива... но любовь придаёт этой несправедливости смысл...
    Life is unfair from time to time... But love gives a sense to this injustice...

It looks like some conflict with Quake maps... Shop is not working here...
    Code:
    Angelscript log opened
    Server started logging Angelscript on map 'q1_e1m5' at: 2017-04-24 03:39:58
    Not allowed: in section 'c:/gold/games/svencoop/svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/quake1/weapons/projectile.as', at (195, 11): Function q1_RadiusDamage:
    ERROR: CASBaseCallable::Call: Execution of function '::Touch' failed!
    Server stopped logging Angelscript at: 2017-04-24 03:42:36
    Anitalink.com
    Жизнь порой несправедлива... но любовь придаёт этой несправедливости смысл...
    Life is unfair from time to time... But love gives a sense to this injustice...

I'm having some issues with this plugin, namely it corrupts the sound list so sounds in the game are mixed up.

An example would be elevators sound like hgrunts, explosions sound like dying scientists, crowbar on breakables sounds like glass breaking, etc.

The sound corruption changes per map and not all sounds are corrupted, the corruption seems random.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    I'm having some issues with this plugin, namely it corrupts the sound list so sounds in the game are mixed up.
    Do you know which map might be causing this issue?

It seems to happen on every map the plugin is loaded on, and continue to happen even on maps where the plugin is no longer loaded.

I notice that when the plugin is loaded, the server no longer sends the mapsound.txt sound definitions file on connect, which is probably the cause of the issue.

It seems to happen on every map the plugin is loaded on, and continue to happen even on maps where the plugin is no longer loaded.

I notice that when the plugin is loaded, the server no longer sends the mapsound.txt sound definitions file on connect, which is probably the cause of the issue.
    Check the Angelscript logs and the console, see if there's something missing or failing to load and send it here. Honestly I have no clue how to solve this issue.
    You might also wanna try hard restarting your server and cleaning the sound cache files inside maps\soundcache
    Last edited by KernCore; 26-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.

I don't know where the Angelscript logs are kept, and there are no obvious errors in the console.

The only thing I see on the client is this in the console:

Code:
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/ShellEject.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_enfield.a
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_sten.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_webley.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_enfieldsc
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_bren.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_lewis.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_piat.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_mills.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/british/weapon_fairbairn
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_mp40.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_mp44.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_kar98k.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_g43.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_fg42.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_luger.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_c96.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_kar98kscoped
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_mg42.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_panzerschrec
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_mg34.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_stick.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/axis/weapon_spade.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_garand.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_m1911.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_m3greasegu
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_thompson.a
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_m1carbine.
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_springfiel
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_bar.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_30cal.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_bazooka.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_grenade.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/allies/weapon_amerk.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_ppsh41.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_nagantscop
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_dp28.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_tokarev.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_nagant.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_svt40.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_m1895.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_rgd33.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_maxim.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/soviet/weapon_panzerfaus
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/BuyMenu.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of svencoop_addon/scripts/maps/ww2projekt/ww2common.as
    Invalid file type...skipping download of scripts/maps/ww2projekt/ww2register.as
    I don't have these files listed in any map resource (.res) file, so the plugin itself is specifying these.

I don't know where the Angelscript logs are kept, and there are no obvious errors in the console.

The only thing I see on the client is this in the console:

Code:
    stuff
    I don't have these files listed in any map resource (.res) file, so the plugin itself is specifying these.
    The server will not transfer any .as files to the user, they are server sided plugins and that is most likely why it fails
    Angelscript logs are kept in svencoop\logs\Angelscript

Angelscript log on server:

Code:
    Angelscript log opened
    Server started logging Angelscript on map 'otokotati_no_kouzan' at: 2017-07-26 13:49:01
    Server stopped logging Angelscript at: 2017-07-26 17:31:35
    Me thinks the problem is the server trying to send .as files to the client.

Game tester  
    Tester

An example would be elevators sound like hgrunts, explosions sound like dying scientists, crowbar on breakables sounds like glass breaking, etc.

The sound corruption changes per map and not all sounds are corrupted, the corruption seems random.
    Make sure to restart your server after installing the custom weapons. Clear the svencoop/maps/soundcache folder, also make sure you're not hosting a copy of the soundcache folder in your fastdl (I did that once).

We use these weapons on our server (hldm-br.net), and we had this issue once but we were caching the soundcache files on our fastdl so that was sending outdated soundcache to the players. Since that everything is okay.

Check if the same happens for other players, if that is only for you close your game and clear your svencoop_downloads/maps/soundcache folder.

Hope it helps!

Hmm, that seems to have fixed it, but it still spams the trying to download .as files in the console.

Glad to see your issue is fixed.

Hmm, that seems to have fixed it, but it still spams the trying to download .as files in the console.
    You do not need to worry about those. All custom entities are predicted by the server, so any .as files loaded by the server are not gonna be sent to the client, only the server uses those.
    Don't know why the server would try sending those files though.
    Last edited by KernCore; 27-07-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Got another problem, I can't get the plugin to work globally via the default_plugins.txt. I have other Angelscript plugins running like AFB without problems, and I've even tried disabling all plugins and moving them around in the list, which doesn't help.

I can get the plugin to load on a per-map basis using the "map_script ww2projekt/ww2register" in mapname.cfg, but I don't want to do this for the hundreds of maps I have.

Got another problem, I can't get the plugin to work globally via the default_plugins.txt. I have other Angelscript plugins running like AFB without problems, and I've even tried disabling all plugins and moving them around in the list, which doesn't help.

I can get the plugin to load on a per-map basis using the "map_script ww2projekt/ww2register" in mapname.cfg, but I don't want to do this for the hundreds of maps I have.
    Works fine on my end.
    Any issues on your angelscript logs?
    Any plugins you're using with it?

No errors in the logs and using AFB.

I figured out why the weapons don't work globally, you can't load scripts from the default_plugins.txt from the location provided in the OP. You have to move them to the scripts/plugins folder and they will work.

I figured out why the weapons don't work globally, you can't load scripts from the default_plugins.txt from the location provided in the OP. You have to move them to the scripts/plugins folder and they will work.
    There seems to be a lot of issues when it comes to folder structure in SC AS. One of the issues I've seem is people loading the default_plugins.txt inside the _addon folder when you shouldn't have one there. I'll possibly address this issue in the next update.
    Last edited by KernCore; 13-09-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Another thing I noticed is that the shovel (weapon_spade) isn't in the buy menu. I don't think the knife is either, and possibly a few other weapons.

I don't have default_plugins.txt in svencoop_addons, it just can't work as a global plugin in the "../maps/ww2projekt/ww2register", the game treats it like it doesn't exist. It will load from individual map configuration files this way though.

I think you should just change the instructions to have it in scripts/plugins when used as a global plugin via default_plugins.txt and "../maps/ww2projekt/ww2register" if used on a map by map basis via mapname.cfg.

Just Updated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12