Thread: [SC 5.x] Improved HEV personnel

Artist

[SC 5.x] Improved HEV personnel

Warning: big resolutions, click the image to load the original size.

After some long months of procrastination, I'm finally releasing these improved player models. I must declare that I respect cSMG's work on the original models, and it's been the main reason of why I decided to try my hand on recreating the color pattern for the suits, based on Romka's HEV models for Azure Sheep

What these models offer:
    ·Brand new character, Female Helmet (fhelmet). There's a surprising lack of female personnel that uses an HEV suit. Will need more in the future.
    ·New controller for the fancy voice chat mouth movement on most characters.
    ·Separated textures and UV maps to preserve high quality and color placement.
    ·Matching and brighter colors, meaning that Topcolor and Bottomcolor values show up as the same (if an equal value is used on each command).
    ·Fixed UV maps from Barney's helmet and the Helmet breather (the latter can be clearly seen by the way I expanded the texture).
    ·Minor fix to thigh-to-pelvis vertices, now they are stitched correctly.
    ·New Multiplayer tab portraits (went for the most lazy way on this one, but at least it clearly shows how the colors will look like).

Before decompiling, consider asking me for the resources, I prepared special extras for those who want to work on customized HEV suits while saving the coloring feature. I'd love to see what you can come up with. My resources consist in what you've already seen in this thread, suit torsos with no lambda logo and a female belt and holster.

Ingame screenshots on this link (Imgur album)

Simple credits (some extracted from cSMG's original credits file):
    ·The Sven Co-op development team
    ·Valve software
    ·Gearbox
    ·cSMG
    ·Ambient.Impact
    ·tundra_cool
    ·One Eyed Newt
    ·The303 (for a very useful tutorial on how color remapping can be applied to a model)

Visit The303's site to learn more useful GoldSrc stuff, without it this wouldn't be possible.

Download from this harmful crate
    Dropbox mirror (Thanks to KernCore) on this crate

These are replacements, and they can be installed in svencoop_addon to not overwrite the original files, unless you really want to. You can also rename the models if you want to have both in your game.

Hope you enjoy wearing an HEV suit again. Leave any possible suggestions, I'll see what I can do in the future for these models.

Have a safe and productive day.
    Last edited by DNIO071; 18-06-2017 at 10:04 PM.

200 MB Angelscript log file KernCore's Avatar  
    Artist

Re: [SC 5.x] Improved HEV personnel

Your work is astonishing, very nice release.

Been playing since 2000, Joined the threads late, Still killin and having fun even. Better late than never. Darkassassin198's Avatar

Holy hell, fhelm?! I love you already, seriously this is awesome! 10/10
    Did you know...if you touch a wall you run faster?

now try it with crates.

This is amazing!, great work here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0_screenshots_20160801170659_1.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	17411

Contributor

Thumbs up Re: [SC 5.x] Improved HEV personnel

Incredible work, glad it got finished.

I'm still working on more tutorial work and this stuff motivates me more. Currently in progress:
    -Map Texture Tut Part 8: Detail map textures 60%done
    -Map Texture Tut Part 9: Skyboxes 80%done
    -MDL export tut to be finished with images, adding improved UV fix method
    -Likely to expand on MDL export with blender instructions with Max & milkshape
    -Eventual Playermodel rig tutorial (future plans)

Been playing since 2000, Joined the threads late, Still killin and having fun even. Better late than never. Darkassassin198's Avatar

I gotta ask, could you do a shephard in a HEV? Like, gas mask style HEV but it looks like shephard? That would be a epic thing to see.

now try it with crates.

Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Darkassassin198 View Post
    HEV Shephard?
    I'll see what I can do these days, but I feel like the lambda logo doesn't fit with the HECU (I'll probably hook something up).
    Have a nice day, no matter what you went through it'll all be okay by tomorrow.

Artist

Available soon

Again, thanks everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DNIO071 View Post

Available soon

Again, thanks everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it.
    It looks good, yet a little strange, reason why it looks strange to me is why would the HECU send out their grunts with a HEV suit but not a full HEV gasmask helmet? Now that's strange! But otherwise the model is good just doesn't make too much logical sense XD, still, hope you release it when yer done.

Edit : I also gotta say, love how bright the colors are but then I noticed something whilst using the colorable default arms, they aren't as bright and some of the colors do not match, do topcolor 999 and bottomcolor 999 in console, you'll notice the purple is so much more brighter than the fps one and it does not match (seems your color stuff fixed the orange on the topcolor 999 stuff too)

now try it with crates.

Artist

For the HEV Shephard, you wanted a modified Helmet model with a proper gasmask? I didn't get it before I started working on him, at least I got the logo done.

I know what you mean about the bright colors, my main focus was these models while the view models were more of a side project.
    I don't think I have much control on what breaking the limits with the Topcolor and Bottomcolor values do, but it's a pretty lucky result I must say.

For the sake of matching these player models though I might adjust the brightness on the view models on a future update.

For the HEV Shephard, you wanted a modified Helmet model with a proper gasmask? I didn't get it before I started working on him, at least I got the logo done.

I know what you mean about the bright colors, my main focus was these models while the view models were more of a side project.
    I don't think I have much control on what breaking the limits with the Topcolor and Bottomcolor values do, but it's a pretty lucky result I must say.

For the sake of matching these player models though I might adjust the brightness on the view models on a future update.
    About shephard, yeah a proper helmet with a gasmak but the visor is sorta like how his goggles are on the gasmask, see through. I think azure sheep has a HEV model of barney in a gasmask? Can't remember.

Still, it's fine man you could release two versions and make it like shephard (classic) and shephard (suit) something like that.

I do hope you adjust the arm colors on the viewmodels they do look very off compared to these, I guess my OCDness is acting up on how with topcolor 999 the purple in the first person is not really purple like but dulled out purple, while in 3rd it's so bright and pretty.

now try it with crates.

Artist

Now that, looks nice, Great work dude as usual! 10/10 Love how bright and colorful they are!

now try it with crates.

Remapped SC5 hands
    You can wait a week or two, and I'll probably complete extended version of A.I. Hands.

Or you can help with textures and unwrap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v_hands2.jpg 
Views:	2219 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	17415  

Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Gazyi View Post
    Or you can help with textures and unwrap.
    I'd love to help, but I don't qualify for any professional level project, it's probably better to wait and wish you good luck with the model, it's really amazing.

Certainly better than any attempts of mine, half-assed I should say

Anyways, keep it up, it looks promising.

Another question: Why you use two same textures for torso and hands? They looks like they have same color shades.
    Last edited by Gazyi; 04-08-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Artist

There are slight differences between those textures, in which I split the UV map to assing the different colors while doing it in just one wasn't good enough.
    It may seem as some dirty work but I'm okay with it.

HD Arms
    I wish you luck on that, I honestly don't understand why the SC team chose different HEV arms compared to the models as they are using HD HEV not a custom SC HEV, which is really strange to me.

now try it with crates.

Just another co-op player Maestro Fénix's Avatar

Astounding job as always,DNIO071.

Here we go again

Cool kid arms
    How goes progress on this? haven't heard of it in a while.

now try it with crates.

Registered User GarompaEstomper's Avatar

what about having the hev players have the same arms as the v_ models of sven coop?

The arms everyone found interest in

I gotta say those HD arms look nice when they are bright and colorable, you should really finish this and release it if you have the time, it just looks fitting in a sense.

now try it with crates.

Artist

Added ingame screenshots, just follow the link from first post. Thanks a lot again to everyone that has been using these models and for the feedback, expect a possible update soon (ETA Valve time).

Artist

Just updated, if there are any problems regarding the first image please let me know.