Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Poke646 / Poke646: Vendetta Co-op [beta 1.2]

Version: 1.3
    Changelog:
    Click here

Mod by Marc "Term" Schröder / Mindmotor Studios
    Sven Co-op Conversion by Zorbos

It's here guys. One of the greatest Single Player experiences the Half-Life modding community has to offer, now available for Sven Co-op!
    I want to start by saying that the aim of this project is to stay as true and authentic as possible to the original mods. With that, I hope that people will be enticed to support the developers and try the original works.
    With that in mind, you won't see anything out of the ordinary in this conversion, aside from necessary additions to make the maps playable in co-op.

Huge thanks to everyone here who has given me tips and advice on how to get some of the AngelScript components working. You know who you are!
    And an even bigger thanks goes out to Mindmotor Studios, without whom these wonderful mods would not exist.

I saw around the forums that people wanted this to be a thing, and so I decided to take it upon myself since AS allows so much creative freedom in Sven 5.0.
    About a month's worth of busy work and here we are!

In no way do I claim credit for any of the assets used in these mods. I only take credit for the small amount of assets I made to make this playable in coop.

• Support for both the original Poke646 mod and it's sequel, Poke646: Vendetta. All maps have coop support, including the Hazard Course!
    • Includes a Lobby map, for easy selection of specific chapters or even random chapters. Great for server map rotations!
    • Includes 10 unique player models based on characters in the mod
    • Scripted weapons which mimic their original mod counterparts. Includes custom HUD icons, ammo icons, and crosshairs!
    • Supports Survival Mode.
    • Supports Player Count weapon balancing. As more players join, weapons are scaled down to compensate, and vice versa
    • Supports Cross Map Inventory. Weapons and ammo are carried across level changes
    • Supports w00tguy's Anti Rush Plugin

• Original mods by Marc Schröder and Mindmotor Studios
    • Map ripents by Zorbos
    • AngelScript programming by Zorbos, with some scripts being edits of default Sven Co-op scripts. Those scripts are credited to their respective authors.
    • Lobby map by Zorbos
    • Player models are based on several default Sven Co-op player models, which are credited to the Sven Co-op Team and Valve Software. Edits and menu portraits by Zorbos
    • po_c4m5 Anti-Troll script based off of w00tguy's HLSP hl_c11_a3 Anti-Troll Script
    • Survival checkpoint model (+animations) by Zorbos

The rest of the content used in these mods is credited to Mindmotor Studios.

7-Zip (.7z)
    MEGA
    MediaFire
    SCMapDB

Zip (.zip)
    MEGA
    MediaFire
    SCMapDB

To install, extract to your steamapps/common/Sven Co-op/ folder
    For Dedicated Server operators, add the map "poke646_lobby" to your server's mapcycle.

Get the original mods here:

Poke646: Anniversary Edition - http://www.moddb.com/mods/poke646-anniversary-edition

There is no Xen Squasher in the Poke646 campaign

Since I have limited knowledge of AngelScript, I couldn't manage to get this weapon working the way I wanted it to. Maybe it'll arrive in a future update.

There is no Robocop on the Xen level in Poke646 and the last level in Vendetta

Pretty much for the same reason as above.

po_c0m2 crashes after loading
    I've noticed this only seems to happen if you LAUNCH your server with this map as the starting map. Otherwise, using the console to change to it or reaching it through normal gameplay seems to work just fine

The Bow Rifle shoots slow and has an odd projectile angle
    I got stumped on this one for quite a while. Right now the crossbow bolt travels at a velocity of 1000 hammer units/second and if I try to increase it, it begins shooting wildly in random directions. Probably an issue with my vector math. I did notice the default Sven Co-op crossbow seems to suffer from this issue as well though. Furthermore, if you shoot at an upwards or downwards angle, the bolt is ejected facing the wrong direction. The gun still shoots straight however.

The pipe bombs lose their custom HUD icon after dropping them or after changing maps
    This is because the pipe bombs are really just satchel charges with a custom HUD sprite applied (I don't know how to code a custom satchel in AS yet). The sprite is bound to the entity that spawns the weapon. When you drop it or change maps, this info is lost and the game uses the default satchel charge sprite. Not much I can do about it, but not such a huge deal in the first place.

Player models are enforced in this conversion.
    If you wish to disable this for any reason, open up a map CFG file and remove the forcepmodels entry

NOTE: You need to do this for every map you wish to disable pmodel restrictions on.

HAVE FUN!
    - Zorbos
    Last edited by Zorbos; 15-04-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: New update

Re: Poke646 / Poke646: Vendetta Co-op [beta 1.0]

After trying to run this on my own server, I seem to be getting segmentation faults every so often (Linux server). It never did this on my listenserver. If any of you guys put this on your dedicated, please let me know if this happening to you as well. Not sure if its the game or the maps yet

Contributor

hello, please

Add Map

Showcasing a map in the map DB will allow it to get plenty of community feedback and exposure. This lets you make an informational page for a map, then add downloads, screenshots, videos, etc.
    http://scmapdb.com/contribute:map

Code:
    ERROR: trigger_script (targetname: relay_limitammo): Function with signature 'void ApplyActiveAmmoModOnPlayer(CBaseEntity@, CBaseEntity@, USE_TYPE, float)' does not exist!
    po_c0m2
    (28f0.2fe0): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    pv_c1m2
    (28c4.2ec8): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

server crash (arrêt brutal du serveur) win32

pv_c1m3
    loading models\hgrunt01.mdl --> missing file

pv_c1m4
    loading models\scientist01.mdl --> missing file

update for model hgrunt please

my tested for server (Sven Co-op Pre-Release)
    Last edited by spy-warrior; 18-09-2016 at 03:15 AM.
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Quote Originally Posted by spy-warrior View Post
    hello, please

http://scmapdb.com/contribute:map

Code:
    ERROR: trigger_script (targetname: relay_limitammo): Function with signature 'void ApplyActiveAmmoModOnPlayer(CBaseEntity@, CBaseEntity@, USE_TYPE, float)' does not exist!
    po_c0m2
    (28f0.2fe0): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
    pv_c1m2
    (28c4.2ec8): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

server crash (arrêt brutal du serveur) win32

pv_c1m3
    loading models\hgrunt01.mdl --> missing file

pv_c1m4
    loading models\scientist01.mdl --> missing file

update for model hgrunt please

my tested for server (Sven Co-op Pre-Release)
    Oh yeah, the little relay_limitammo part is because I was using AmmoMod triggered on the player every time they spawn like how bm_sts does. But that doesn't support spawning from a Survival checkpoint so I switched it to using a PlayerSpawn Hook. And then I forgot to remove that little bit from the spawn points

I'm not so sure about the hgrunt01 and scientist01 models. It shouldn't even be calling for those because it uses a custom hgrunt and scientist model which are in models/poke646/monsters/ or models/vendetta/monsters/
    I'll look into that.

As for the crashing.. yeah I'm at a loss on that one. I tried hosting this myself on a clean freshly installed dedicated and it just explodes at random and on certain parts (like the intro map for Vendetta). I'd initally blame the maps because there could be something bad, but I've played this entire conversion several times through on my listen server and it's never crashed once..

Manager

Wow, this is cool stuff! I really liked Poke646 back then, so I will give this a shot too!

Good work !
    I'm gonna play it very soon

Great release, I am going to play with friends soon.

It's better if you test your maps (especially if they use scripts) on a dedicated server as well, because some things behave differently on dedicated servers.

Quote Originally Posted by fgsfds View Post
    It's better if you test your maps (especially if they use scripts) on a dedicated server as well, because some things behave differently on dedicated servers.
    Yeah, point taken. Somehow I didn't think it would make a difference though

Quote Originally Posted by TrEmPlEr View Post
    Nice work! really You got in contact with Poke646 so you are allowed to convert it?
    I tryed once and got no answer....
    I did the same. I actually tried a total of 3 times so far, once before 5.0 was even released. I take it that they aren't checking their emails over there anymore.
    I checked out their rules for using their content and it said they're fine with it as long as nothing is edited and it's not released commercially (this is for the textures).

As for the other assets they simply say to contact them, which I've tried several times. If someone from Mindmotor ends up wanting me to take this down I'll happily oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by fgsfds View Post
    Well it didn't make much of a difference when we tested AoMDC/Classic so we thought it would be just fine after having made multiple listen tests.

Biggest issue tho is that with each Sven Update something new breaks and Zorbos has to hunt down whats causing it.

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

Nice work! really You got in contact with Poke646 so you are allowed to convert it?
    I tryed once and got no answer....

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Looks great, I'm downloading.Do I understand correctly that the authors have given you the maps source?
    I'm on moddb
    I'm on gamebanana
    I'm on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermax View Post
    Looks great, I'm downloading.Do I understand correctly that the authors have given you the maps source?
    No map sources were used in this conversion. It's all ripent

Nice work! Poke646 is one of best hl mods. Impatient to see it on my favourite server!

Thanks!

I want to play these maps, there is a server?
    Will you upload to banana and moddb?
    I'm on moddb
    I'm on gamebanana
    I'm on youtube

I want to play these maps, there is a server?
    Will you upload to banana and moddb?
    I don't think anyone can host it because of these crashing issues. Unless that's just me.
    It seems to be doing it during cutscenes for some reason. I'm trying to figure it out but no luck so far

EDIT: Okay I've narrowed it down to the custom hgrunt and scientist NPC models. Why on earth would that be causing a crash on a dedicated but not listen server? Anyone have any ideas?
    EDIT2: Might have found a fix. I'm working on it and will have a new patch done sometime soon
    Last edited by Zorbos; 20-09-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Changelog - Poke646 / Poke646: Vendetta Co-op
    Version 1.1b

Both Campaigns:
    • Removed all references to 'relay_limitammo' as they are now made redundant by the main map script
    • Removed all info_landmarks to stop the engine from spitting out errors
    • Fixed crashing related to custom hgrunt and scientist models. New models have been used in their place which are just reskins of the already existing hgrunt and scientist models. Also updated RES files to reflect these new file paths
    • Added several missing entries to various RES files
    • Removed a redundant variable assignment in the Bow Rifle's zoom function

Poke646:
    • Fixed the Nailgun playing its third person reload animation if the player tries to reload at full magazine capacity
    • Edited po_intro so that Damien's pain noise always plays when the spool lands on his head

Poke646: Vendetta:
    • Fixed the PAR-21 playing its third person reload animation if the player tries to reload at full magazine capacity

The mirrors above have been updated with the new version. I can confirm that 1.1b now works on a clean, freshly installed SC server, so this should work now outside of crashes caused by third party mods, etc.
    I've also put up a 24/7 Poke646 Co-op server. It's in Dallas, TX so most people in the United States should get anywhere from 20-80 ping.

*= Zorbos' POKE646 24/7 =*
    104.223.109.246:27040

Drop in and play sometime!

Lastly, can a moderator/admin rename this thread and remove the [beta 1.0]? I forgot that I can't do that myself.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Zorbos; 21-09-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Contributor

Thanks, fixed errro

If I can help you fix the other errors?
    Si je peux vous aider à corriger les autre erreurs ?
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Great news that the server appeared. We need to negotiate and play together.
    I'm on moddb
    I'm on gamebanana
    I'm on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by spy-warrior View Post
    Thanks, fixed errro

If I can help you fix the other errors?
    Si je peux vous aider à corriger les autre erreurs ?
    Sure, if you know how to fix anything just lemme know. I think I still have you added on Steam too so you can message me there.
    Most of the stuff that's left are just warnings (like the map not being able to find _detail.txt for example) that aren't really that big of a deal, but I'll fix it if enough people complain about it

Great news that the server appeared. We need to negotiate and play together.
    I try to play whenever I can between classes and work, so just join sometime! I might be on lol

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

@Zorbos ,
    My god, you skip permission without contacting. PS. Who can write good German because Poke646 "made by Germany". Example Trempler or Puchi can help you!

Than we can play Poke646 but copy right of weapons..... and Poke646 has sometimes special entities like env_portal or env_mirror ( you know played to faked door and sees common like from bottom to top and bridge )

That is why we need to detect important functions of Poke646's functions...

Buuuuuut it is impossible because it is very strict because it doesn't allow to release to Sven Coop.

"Can I use Poke646 Textures my own project"
    Yes, you can use the "Poke646" and "Poke646: Vendetta" textures for uncommercial projects, regardless on which game engine. If you use our textures in a release, please credit us in the readme file with a link to this site and send us a note.

You're not allowed to use any content of our games for commercial releases or any project you get paid for. If you plan using "Poke646" art assets for a commercial release, please contact us and we’ll see if we can work something out. You’re also not allowed to alter the "Poke646" textures in any way besides resizing, reformatting or renaming, not even for uncommercial projects.
    Please make sure do not reedit or remake maps - If you replace entities from Poke646's maps.....
    Thanks! Please be carefully!
    Last edited by SourceSkyBoxer; 22-09-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

Quote Originally Posted by SourceSkyBoxer View Post
    @Zorbos ,
    My god, you skip permission without contacting. PS. Who can write good German because Poke646 "made by Germany". Example Trempler or Puchi can help you!

Than we can play Poke646 but copy right of weapons..... and Poke646 has sometimes special entities like env_portal or env_mirror ( you know played to faked door and sees common like from bottom to top and bridge )

That is why we need to detect important functions of Poke646's functions...

Buuuuuut it is impossible because it is very strict because it doesn't allow to release to Sven Coop.

Please make sure do not reedit or remake maps - If you replace entities from Poke646's maps.....
    Thanks! Please be carefully!
    Like I said in an above post, I've tried contacting them several times to ask for permission (I used the email specified on Poke646's website). Trempler has apparently also tried this as well. I guess they just aren't checking their mail over there anymore (it is a mod from 2001 after all). None of my emails were ever responded to. I'm not releasing this commercially, nor would I ever consider that. I just wanted to be able to play Poke in SC.

The main reasons the maps even had to be edited were to fix issues presented by having multiple players (stacking for example to skip parts of the map) and to fix certain 1-way areas. po_c2m3 has a part where a bunch of rocks fall down and block the path you came from. In co-op, that would make anyone who isn't ahead get stuck and be unable to progress.

It's not like I ripped apart the maps and changed everything, so I decided to take the chance and work under the presumption that they probably wouldn't care anyway. Especially since I've taken every opportunity I could to say that I DIDN'T make the mod, and have tried to direct people to playing the originals. The only thing that (in my opinion) could be questionable is the fact that I added extra slides to the credits maps, but all they do is tell people to go play the original mod. I've been thinking about just removing those anyway though.

If someone wants me to take this down, I will. Not a huge deal
    Last edited by Zorbos; 22-09-2016 at 12:20 PM.

snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks Green Astronauts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SourceSkyBoxer View Post
    @Zorbos ,
    My god, you skip permission without contacting.
    Sven Co-op isn't a commercial product, no money is being made here.

So big friggin' deal

On topic: Poke646 is one of my all-time favorites in the singleplayer category of Half-Life mods. It's a timeless masterpiece, a classic, a work of art and I'll definitely be playing this. I also enjoyed Poke646: Vendetta but I don't remember that one as much as the original.
    Great job converting this to Sven Co-op, Zorbos! A++

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

No need to take this down, if the creators dislike it, they will contact you.

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

I agree, there is no reason to stop work.
    I do not remember exactly, but I think free(uncommercial)mods does not have the right to have a proprietary license. It is necessary to read the HL sdk readme.
    I'm on moddb
    I'm on gamebanana
    I'm on youtube

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast