Thread: Pack containing my own self created models

Pack containing my own self created models

Most of the things I posted were in another thread, so I'm just going to paste the original description.

Hello everybody, I actually finally set up my Sven account just to upload this for all of you that enjoy LD content like me, some of the models included in this are not mine, if anybody wants them removed, please tell me.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...DQ&usp=sharing

UPDATED 05/15

-added v_grenade.mdl w_grenade.mdl p_grenade.mdl, updated 357ammobox.mdl, 357.mdl, and added chainammo.mdl and finally, the .556 rounds, saw_clip.mdl

It'll take a while for me to update it again, I'll post updates whenever I can.

Edit: Credits are:

Cybermax for the HWG minigun viewmodel

Quaker-Craft for 2 beta decompiles.

Tu3sday's Avenger for the M60

Joebama for the .44 Colt Phyton

Red Slug for the blue H.E.V arms

StoneHead for M16A2 and SPAS-12.

Valve and Gearbox Studios for most of the model's base.
    Last edited by Unit #7840; 15-05-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Been playing since 2000, Joined the threads late, Still killin and having fun even. Better late than never. Darkassassin198's Avatar

Re: Pack containing my own self created models

I notice the pistol is still the same, orange hands and still the retail pistol, are there any other options? Also could you possibly change the RPG reload so it doesn't go across the screen? maybe just have the gun go down then pop back up once it's reloaded?
    Did you know...if you touch a wall you run faster?

now try it with crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkassassin198 View Post
    I notice the pistol is still the same, orange hands and still the retail pistol, are there any other options? Also could you possibly change the RPG reload so it doesn't go across the screen? maybe just have the gun go down then pop back up once it's reloaded?
    The retail pistol (which you talked about in the low def sven models thread) is the retail one because Faith4Dead said that it was missing, so I only added a retail one because Cybermax said that it didn't make sense to have none of the stuff from the original packs too, but I've put two options, default 1998 pistol (I deleted the retail pistol and added the beta one) without reload sound or the same pistol but without the magazine being inserted into the gun and no buggy pistol slide, but keep in mind that the reload animation is a bit slower. About the RPG reload, I'm not an animator unfortunately, but I once tried animating in milkshape and I couldn't get an arm to move left without making it be stretched into infinity.

edit: Just a tip, use the default Sven Co-op beretta sounds, they work amazingly with the alternate pistol (the one that doesn't have the magazine model)

2nd edit: I'm thinking of using the alpha grunt reloading sounds as a replacement for it, I don't think that I'm going to it though, maybe another day...

I updated the pack right now with the retail pistol and the beta one,by the way, do you know how to change the field of view of models?
    Last edited by Unit #7840; 12-10-2016 at 08:16 PM.

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

No pic no click

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

I do not understand why you put in the folder *bmp textures with models. This unnecessary files - garbage for the user.

You put several options models(v_357.mdl and v_357OVERTURN.mdl, v_shotgun (with alpha textures).mdl and v_shotgun.mdl, (alt) v_9mmhandgun.mdl and v_9mmhandgun.mdl, p_shotgunBETA.mdl and p_shotgun.mdl, etc...). Not sure that this is a good idea. Decide which model you are using.

dispenser.mdl - I'm not at the computer now, I'm not sure that this model is used?
    v_uzi.mdl - Please tell me where you got this model?
    - Credits and .mdl Information.tht - still not convenient for reading, too many letters.
    Take a few text files:
    Readme.txt - Short description - what is it, date, contact information.

Credits.txt - I would advise to be concise but informative. From left to right Model name - author. For example:
    v_uzi.mdl - Cold Ice mod
    V_minigun - Gau-19 Overturn mod.
    And so on. No one is interested to read a long description.
    Exapmle credist for only one model
    Credits:
    Model:Splinter Cell
    Skin:Splinter Cell
    Uv's:Splinter Cell
    Anims:Valve
    Compile:Splinter Cell
    Arms:Valve

Manual.txt - Installation Instructions - the patch in which it is necessary to unpack the models, a warning about backing up the original models, etc.

License.txt - perhaps a moot point, the full text of the license GLP.

It is also necessary to make screenshots of models in a game if you want that the packet was downloaded.
    Ideally, to record video demonstration.

In the near future I will update my packages follow this scheme.
    Last edited by Cybermax; 13-10-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    I'm on moddb
    I'm on gamebanana
    I'm on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by TrEmPlEr View Post
    No pic no click
    Agh, fine! I will get some pictures... Maybe later or not, I am not sure if I'll have the time today.

Quote Originally Posted by TrEmPlEr View Post
    No pic no click
    Agh, fine! I will get some pictures... Maybe later or not, I am not sure if I'll have the time today.
    edit (didn't actually post this, but yeah.) tommorow after I get home from my computer course, I'll post the screen shots.

Been playing since 2000, Joined the threads late, Still killin and having fun even. Better late than never. Darkassassin198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unit #7840 View Post
    Stuff
    You should update this pack, possibly fix the uzi's not having a gold skin as the magazine only goes gold, fix the pistol having the weird beta reload as it plays a firing animation then reloads but the whole reload process has no sound, add in all the sven co-op weapons so this pack isn't just a few and add more varieties.

now try it with crates.

In fact, I think that I'll do that today, I have made world models for the existing weapons (Including the HD M16A2 model with an opened grenade launcher)with magazines inserted/removed from them, it is kind of good, I'll update it as soon as I get home, thank you. (I'm currently not at my computer at the moment)

In fact, I think that I'll do that today, I have made world models for the existing weapons (Including the HD M16A2 model with an opened grenade launcher)with magazines inserted/removed from them, it is kind of good, I'll update it as soon as I get home, thank you. (I'm currently not at my computer at the moment)
    I was on the sven model section when I found these 3 models in this forum.

http://forums.svencoop.com/showthrea...earbox-weapons

You should ask the guy about including those models in your pack yet you could change up the m4 maybe either make it the 9mmar by removing the grenade launcher and fixing up the hand to be on the gun instead of a invisible nade launcher OR taking the model and making it for the m16, the shotgun though it would be amazing to see it fixed up with blue HEV arms and with proper animations for sven 5.x.

The guy did use the W models and hacked them onto bones and such, you could do that if you want a interesting LD pack, honestly I think it does look freaking neat as someone comment in the thread stating it's more like a "Medium Def" instead of a LD or HD.

now try it with crates.

I've forgotten about this 3 days ago, and then I noticed that the website was in maintance for 2 or possibly more days, but I'll try to remember that, also, those models are very interesting, but the developer was last online in 2007, more than 10 years ago, I don't think that I would require permission to use his models in this pack, the reason for the pack is to add as many modified models as possible.
    "you could change up the m4 maybe either make it the 9mmar by removing the grenade launcher and fixing up the hand on the gun instead of a invisible grenade launcher or taking the model and making it for the m16, the shotgun though it would be amazing to see it fixed up with blue H.E.V arms and proper animations for 5.x.

"Change up the m4 maybe either making it the 9mmar by removing the grenade launcher and fixing up the hand to be on the gun instead of a invisible grenade launcher"

You mean using the MP5A2 model or the actually HD M16A2? Fixing the hand could be a bit hard to do, but I'll see what I can do if I can't move the hand.
    "the shotgun though it would be a amazing to see it fixed up with blue HEV arms and with proper animations for 5.x."

You mean change the animations? For me, even the Half-Life beta shotgun has working animations. I'm in my computer course right now, but from the thumbnail, it looks extremely interesting and realistic.

Things

Well, I love the look of the m16 the guy made but if I remember it's a m4? No clue.

I would like to have two options for the weapon since it can fit for either the 9mmar slot or the m16a2 slot.

The shotgun would be awesome with either the beta animations or just some other animations, really it's your call.

Sorry if when I request or ask anything it's confusing.

now try it with crates.

Well, I love the look of the m16 the guy made but if I remember it's a m4? No clue.

I would like to have two options for the weapon since it can fit for either the 9mmar slot or the m16a2 slot.

The shotgun would be awesome with either the beta animations or just some other animations, really it's your call.

Sorry if when I request or ask anything it's confusing.
    "but if I remember it's a m4? No clue"

Heh, I am not a weapons expert too, but in the game files(to create it) it is create weapon_m16, and the model name is w_m16a2.

"two options for the weapon since it can fit either the 9mmar slot or the m16a2 slot"

I tried modifiying the default MP5A2 model unmodified, and it was quite a mess to find stuff out, but I could try it with the model I included in the pack.

"The shotgun would be awesome with either the beta animations or just some other animations, really, it's your call"

I was thinking of both things, actually. But I definetely prefer the beta animations due to the unique alternate fire animation and the primary fire one.

"Sorry if when I request or ask anythings it's confusing"

Not a problem, I used to spell horribly 3 years ago.

Also, thank you for the link of the models, they look beyond levels of nice. Especially the SPAS-12 and the rocket launcher.

You should update this pack, possibly fix the uzi's not having a gold skin as the magazine only goes gold, fix the pistol having the weird beta reload as it plays a firing animation then reloads but the whole reload process has no sound, add in all the sven co-op weapons so this pack isn't just a few and add more varieties.
    Glock has two variations because the grey one has the magazine and the blue one doesnt and the animation plays very slowly and has sound. I also tried digging into the QC code, but failed to add the sounds due to me not knowing much there.

Ingram Uzi is Cybermax's work, not mine, I only edited the textures to match with the world model.
    This pack isnt going to be like the one that was in the Sven Co-op LD models thread, It's going to be a collection of models edited by me.

If you mean adding all of the weapons with blue H.E.V Suit arms, then tell me.

Glock has two variations because the grey one has the magazine and the blue one doesnt and the animation plays very slowly and has sound. I also tried digging into the QC code, but failed to add the sounds due to me not knowing much there.

Ingram Uzi is Cybermax's work, not mine, I only edited the textures to match with the world model.
    This pack isnt going to be like the one that was in the Sven Co-op LD models thread, It's going to be a collection of models edited by me.

If you mean adding all of the weapons with blue H.E.V Suit arms, then tell me.
    Well, I do mean adding in all the weapons with blue hev arms, it's fun to use these collection of models that you picked but some of them just need fixing up as I already said and it's also a small pack, there should be more options of weapons maybe like 2 different choices incase people dislike the look of a single model.

now try it with crates.

Well, I do mean adding in all the weapons with blue hev arms, it's fun to use these collection of models that you picked but some of them just need fixing up as I already said and it's also a small pack, there should be more options of weapons maybe like 2 different choices incase people dislike the look of a single model.
    The some are actually: Bullchicken, Human Grunt, Alien Slave and Cybermax's Uzi. I'm still using my own models though, until someone makes a fix to the old models to support the future updates of Sven Co-op.The choices part, well, I'm actually out of ideas on what to make besides They Hunger's HD weapons to LD possibly, but nothing else other than that, suggestions would be appreciated

You could make the sniper a g2 contender but it's black and white styled, maybe make the m16 the mp5 with a grenade launcher?

now try it with crates.

You could make the sniper a g2 contender but it's black and white styled, maybe make the m16 the mp5 with a grenade launcher?
    I've been wanting to make a MP5A2 as the M16A2 for alotta time, but I'm going to try to do it.
    The G2 contender, I'm not sure, it has a revolver's hammer part, in LD animations and/or even with the M40A1 HD animation made by the Sven Co-op team, it would act like it was a bolt action sniper rifle, and because I'm not an animation editor, I don't know how to edit any, but the model looks like it could possibly be made with some first person weapon model parts.

I will see what I can do.

You should maybe clean up the pack a bit, there a few weapons with different names like v_357 and v_357overturned, you should possibly add screenshots to the weapons and include more weapons.

now try it with crates.

I don't have any ideas for new weapons, that's the problem. Screenshots, well, I could try those out.