Thread: Bug Report Chat on Discord

Manager

Explosive Crate Bug Report Chat on Discord

Hi there,

I've just created a channel for discussing/reporting bugs on our public Discord chat server. If you know of a bug that's difficult to report/not worth reporting as a thread, or you'd rather chat about it to gather more information, just head over to the chat room. The developers and a bunch of fairly knowledgeable regulars tend to hang out on the Discord server, and we're much easier to get ahold of there.

Here's an invite link to #bug-reports:
    https://discord.gg/KanJG4R

And I encourage everyone to send the invite link to that guy on your friends list who's always complaining about bugs but never officially reports them.

Thanks~

Re: Bug Report Chat on Discord

How does one gain access to the bug tracker? My forum credentials don't work and I don't see a sign up link anywhere.

Manager

As far as I am aware, that is for internal use only.

Is there a source code repository one could look at in order to do some troubleshooting?

Some of the errors I saw looked like they could be related to file and directory permissions. I did have minor success copying or creating symbolic links for a couple of files. Regardless, it is hard to say if that's the correct solution without knowing what the client is trying to do.

Manager

Out game doesn't attempt to manipulate any file system permissions. What did you need to make links for?
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

I wasn't trying to turn this thread into a specific bug report. I'm trying to use the Linux client, which can't even connect to a server right now. I see bugs posted in this forum that are ignored (i.e. zero replies), so I know starting a new thread isn't going to get me anywhere. I mentioned my issue in the Discord chat, and the responses seemed to imply that no one wants to deal with the Linux client.

So, I'm trying to see what avenues I have to help get things working. I've had high hopes for Sven Co-op for years. I want the project to succeed and be relevant. I understand that you guys have full time jobs and lives outside the project. I figure that if I share a solution, it is more helpful than sharing a problem. Everyone will benefit from a bug being fixed.

Since you asked... I wasn't implying that the game is setting permissions, but rather some existing permissions might not be correct. When attempting to connect to any server, there are files that my client needs to download (which is normal). The files seem to download, but then the client would act as if they weren't there and disconnect. This wasn't just one or two files, so forgive me for not keeping a list. When I was troubleshooting, I picked one .mdl file and made a symlink, which eliminated one error from the log. Another was a *_detail.txt file for a map. Manually creating that eliminated one error (but caused another new one to appear).