Thread: Sven Co-op 5.0 Released!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manager

Explosive Crate Sven Co-op 5.0 Released!

[DOWNLOAD HERE]

[CHANGELOG] [GAME MANUAL] [COMMUNITY HUB]

If you've donated to the mod at any time, you should automatically receive the in-game bonus features in the Steam version of Sven Co-op. If you don't see them after trying on a couple of different servers, please send me your Steam ID (e.g. STEAM_0:1:23456) together with the real name and e-mail address you used when donating so we can identify the donation.

After installing the game, Sven Co-op's SDK and Dedicated Server will be available under Tools in your Steam Library (use the dropdown at the right of the Search box). For information on how to set up your own dedicated server, check the "Running a Server" section of the game manual. You will need to forward port 27015 (TCP/UDP) to run any server.

To disable Survival Mode, add the following line to your server.cfg and/or listenserver.cfg file:
    as_command survival_enabled 0

Known issues:

• If your mouse isn't working correctly in the main menu, or the game window is too big and extends off the edge of the screen:
      • Navigate to your \Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\ folder
      • Right-click svencoop.exe and choose Properties
      • Switch to the Compatibility tab
      • Enable the checkbox for "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"
      • Click OK
      Hopefully this won't be necessary in future versions.
    • With the massive influx of players following the release, a few servers have been somewhat overloaded. It appears Windows servers are currently more stable than Linux servers. We'll investigate this further.
    • Metamod is currently not compatible with Sven Co-op 5.0 servers. We're working on updating it, but for now do not attempt to use it.
    • Apparently the Install_OpFor_Support and Install_bshift_Support scripts in the Steam\steamapps\common\Sven Co-op\svencoop folder aren't working for some people. Make sure you have Opposing Force or Blue Shift fully installed and working on Steam before running the scripts. If they still don't work, let us know the details on the forums.
    • Do not change the Renderer to "Software" in Video settings. Leave it set to "OpenGL". If you change it accidentally, try closing and loading the game once or twice and you should see a popup allowing you to click OK to reset your video settings.
    Last edited by Sven Viking; 23-01-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Manager

Re: Sven Co-op 5.0 Released!

First.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

and second.

and third

4th Happy SvenMas everyone I'm glad the garg's leg has healed. Sorry for being a douche. Praise all of the devs for their hard work.

And 5.0th.

Manager

Thank you. Thank you all, developers and players. Never expected to see so many players on release day. I am overwhelmed.

Game tester  
    Tester

7th! And keep going...

Thank you all devs for the hard work!

Manager

8th. After installing the game, Sven Co-op's SDK and Dedicated Server will be available under Tools in your Steam Library (use the dropdown at the right of the Search box). For information on how to set up your own dedicated server, check the "Running a Server" section of the game manual. You will need to forward port 27015 (TCP/UDP) to run any server.

With the massive influx of players following the release, some servers are having stability issues largely due to extremely high player counts. Huge 32-player servers can certainly be fun, but Sven Co-op is commonly best with smaller groups anyway. Consider creating more games with Max Players set to somewhere around 8-12 for dedicated servers and 6-10 for Listen servers. ("Listen" servers are games created with the 'Start Game' button from the main menu.) It also appears that Windows servers are currently quite a bit more stable than the Linux ones. We'll investigate this further.

Known issues:

• If, after Sven Co-op finishes loading (this can take a while the first time), your mouse isn't working properly (e.g. you can't easily click menu items) or the game window extends off the edge of the screen, try disabling any Windows display scaling settings. In Windows 10, go to Settings > System > Display and set "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 100%.

• Do not change the Renderer to "Software" in Video settings. Leave it set to "OpenGL". If you change it accidentally, try closing and loading the game once or twice and you should see a popup allowing you to click OK to reset your video settings.

Sven Viking

Deep underground in Snark Cafes TOP secret reserch labs

er...ninth... i guess
    and there some interesting server names ATM!
    SnarkCafe Admin / mapper
    We're back http://snarkcafe.net/

Tester

10th
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Tsukihi Phoenix

and i thought you guys would release new engine sdk code too
    btw will you consider optimizing the lightning code in the future? it's too laggy

This is excellent! I've downloaded this already.

There's one problem though, no servers are appearing. Give that Google tells me there is at least one 5.0 server actually running (88.97.144.81:27015, which I can't join because it's apparently "not responding"), can anyone tell me what might be going wrong?

Manager

Just checked the server window! We haven't had this rate of activity in ages. 450 acrive servers, hundreds of people playing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-01-23_00001.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	16670  

Manager

3,993 active players right now according to steam stats. When I went to bed it was 3500, so it's probably rising as europeans are waking up. At some point in the next few days it will probably reach a peak and then become stable around a lower number

Even when Sven Co-op was at its highest popularity, it never even came close to this amount of players...

Ps. Make a new map Hezus

Tester

Congratulations on the release Sven Co-op team!

It was so nice to see so much servers with that much active players shortly after release. To be honest I didn't expect so many people in such a short time. Life is flowing through the veins of the game again it seems, nice work! ^^
    Born to Fight,
    Trained to Kill,
    Taught to Survive,
    and told to take no Prisoners.
    Visit http://www.youtube.com/NostalgicGames

Contributor

Gratz to the team for making this release happen! I feel kinda bad for not having helped with this one, but it seems I'll stick around here forever anyway, so we'll see what's to come.

Just another co-op player Maestro Fénix's Avatar

I'm glad all is going excelent, a shame it was released at midnight here, but well.

Here we go again

Let Vengeance Be Mine! CozmicShredder's Avatar

Congratulations!

Artist

Congratulations on releasing before Half-Life 3! hopped on a sever last night and had a blast, now I need to see if I can get some of my buddies and set up a sever.

Also the new models, especially the HGrunts, are absolutely sexy! and I was supersized to see my crappy Romka's hassassin edit being used, If you guys want I have a better version of it I made that looks nicer and has a textured head set.

My old account is linked to a dead email account so I had to make a new one.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Roger View Post
    My old account is linked to a dead email account so I had to make a new one.
    Send me a PM with your old account name and a new email-adress, so I can fix that for you.

Where is the download for the 4.0 map pack the changelog mentions?
    Gamer by heart. Gaming by skill.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodShed View Post
    Where is the download for the 4.0 map pack the changelog mentions?
    It has not been completed yet. Our main focus now is fixing various bugs in 5.0 that popped up.

It's insane that SvenCoop is alive and well, I will force my old friends to downtank this from the InterSteams so we can have some fun yet again! SvenCoop was what we did late at night when I was sick of the competitiveness of Counter-Strike and what-not else Co-op for life! Very much GZ on the new release!

Congratulations on the Steam Release. So far so good, the survival mode is great, I look forword to the next updates.
    Sven Co-op has been my favourite mod since I can remember, glad to see it's alive and well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast