Thread: Suggestions on jobs i should apply for

Suggestions on jobs i should apply for

I hate to come to the forums and ask but Where are some places i can apply for? because i am in desperate need of a job
    Last edited by m0u$3[uz]; 25-12-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Manager

Re: Suggestions on jobs i should apply for

That's no info to go by. We'd need to know more about you. (Education, qualifications, previous experience, etc.) I assume you've written your resume already?

You should be looking around your local city/county for jobs rather than an Internet message board. See who's recruiting in your area, or if you're really struggling to find anything, go through a recruitment agency. Maybe look on listings on LinkedIn for your area too.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Everywhere I've applied the resume was optional but I guess I'll go all around Gainesville Georgia and search as much as I can because I do need a job like I'm good at fixing computers but you have to have a degree in computers before someone like that hires you but I guess its time to search the city paper and go all over Gainesville Georgia to find a job

Manager

A resume may be optional but you should still have one. Jobs are competitive, and you need to out-shine the other applicants.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Manager

Check Craigslist job postings. There are usually a ton if you're in or near a major city area.

Quote Originally Posted by JPolito View Post
    Check Craigslist job postings. There are usually a ton if you're in or near a major city area.
    Thanks jpolito i'll take a look at craigslist and i also need to look at the gainesville, ga paper

Manager

When I was just doing temporary jobs, work agencies always helped me find something. Then it was just about earning some cash but if you are looking for a serious career you probably need to step it up and do as AdamR suggested, start writing resumes and applications. Get a overview of your degrees and qualifications. I don't know if that's a common thing where you live, but around here you can also send in open applications. Even if a company isn't offering a job, you can still make them remember you as soon as the time comes. If you have special qualifications you can even try to convince a company that they're missing a person like you in their organisation. It's a bold move but it works in certain cases.

Bottom line: you'll have to put yourself out there to get a job.. job's won't come looking for you. Some people have to write 100 application letters before landing their dream job, so keep at it!

Thanks guys i'll take any suggestions y'all have

Thanks for the information you guys it might be helpful for me in the future sorry about asking an entire forum about jobs I've been under a complete depression and it's been eating me away ;-; but I'll be ok thanks again for the suggestions

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by m0u$3[uz] View Post
    Thanks for the information you guys it might be helpful for me in the future sorry about asking an entire forum about jobs I've been under a complete depression and it's been eating me away ;-; but I'll be ok thanks again for the suggestions
    Hang in there. Things will work out eventually. If you need help with that resume, feel free to PM me.

Well i got a call from target in gainesville, ga i may have a job there i just gotta go for an interview

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by m0u$3[uz] View Post
    Well i got a call from target in gainesville, ga i may have a job there i just gotta go for an interview
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hezus View Post
    Good luck!
    Thanks i'll need it ^^