Thread: New Entities & Features in 5.11 (Mirrors/Monitors/Portals, env_render_individual)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Manager

Re: New Entities & Features in 5.11 (Mirrors/Monitors/Portals, env_render_individual)

I've updated the portals test map. It's been reorganized to make for better frame rates (not as many portals rendering at the same time), and many of the portals now use the min/max render distances so that they don't render through the skybox. Download it here.

Re: New Entities & Features in 5.11 (Mirrors/Monitors/Portals, env_render_individual)

Hi,
    I tried to look up the testmap but if I try to enter any coridor the game crashes with no message.
    The resolution I used is 1440x900 widescreen in windowed mode. I tried the normal 4/3 with diffrent resolutions, too.. same problem.
    I use Win7 and my graphic card is an onboard Intel(R) HD Graphics.
    Later I will make an own testmap so I maybe find the specific cause of that.

Ok, I figured out what the problem is
    It is metamod-P .. that's very sad because I loved playing sven coop with entmod. I pray for, that it is possible to find a solution for that.
    Otherwise I have to write my own entmod plugin xD

Advanced Leveldesigner SourceSkyBoxer's Avatar

Nice job! Ps it looks like 3d skybox from Cry of Fear! Shit if you see blue outside. Why do you not use newest Glut and OpenGL ( latest version ) ? Please don't use Glaux.h i remember that Cry of Feat SDK or Panoria Half-Life are very incompatible to my very latest new display card. Like my old bug from Cry of Fear Forum. Like envpos_sky and envpos_world. Please change clean with shader specifical Opengl like example WebGL Learning monitor for example you can try to translate js to c++ than try real 3d skybox looks better than glaux with hidden bugged hole of mirror or portal.

If you can't resolve than I recommend you whole engine into C# with newest version of OpenTK and works fine with latest Mono under MacOS X and Linux. If you try to create simple launch like explanation how does it parse entities and it is old version with XNA. Like Quake XNA Github. If you try to translate from Sven Coop to C# with shaders because it is stable and more stable features. Please believe me! C# can be unlimited if you don't understand why you have black room if you are outside of -/+32768 cause c++/h is possible hard compilation - if you wish map -/+131072 without black rooms that is why I say good for you with C# OpenTK 2.0 and improve Sledge into Gtk version. But I don't want you are arguing with hard coding and you get headache. It is reason C# is easy and write simple and makes easy better than glBegin and glEnd. I hope your next release C# with mono for Mac and Linux users want play with us better than Window users are alone.

PS if you want understand how does C# with Entity.cs from Quake XNA Github / game / Entity.cs

example for door or train movements just you know Unity 5.6 tutorials are very close same to OpenTK. You can understand easy examples from Unity 5.6
    Position, transform, location etc.....

Good luck for recreation for C# and make sure for Linux with fatpackage installation with latest version of MonoDevelop and Mac OS you need download and install Xcode and download Visual Studio for Mac or Xamarin Studio and compile into standalone Sven coop. Yeah I found SteamApi for C# from github here. Don't worry that!
    Last edited by SourceSkyBoxer; 28-06-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Please do not share to shit dropbox! Please share only Mega.nz!
    Muhahaha, Facebook crashed!

snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks Green Astronauts's Avatar

I'm gonna need the Rosetta Stone for this...
    In-game name:

Administrator at the ModRiotGaming servers

That unnamed asshole that everyone hates Morolian's Avatar

Well now,
    I know i'm a bit late to the party but I was able to make a psuedo-reflective tile floor with a func_wall and a func_mirror
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tilefloormirrortest.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	854.5 KB 
ID:	17760
    Also, GL Shadows seem to break when standing on a mirror, as well as fog and some other effects

Hello I have tried like very small brushworks like example modem architectures like Trempler's or Siencer's level designs I thought portal makes "faked arrictecture like who can not draw smaller than 0.1 unit. It is really nice. But why does light doesn't throw if hidden hollowed room with 2048 x 2048 unit wall for example with light texture via info_textlights or lights into portal of playable room.
    Like this example:
    Small brushworks from portal ( /8 or /16 into real faked brushwork ) :P

Name:	myportal_test_wall-2017-06-30-0001.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	17761

Explanation for next release please fix it!

Name:	myportal_test_wall-2017-06-30-0002.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	17762

// EDIT:
    Example more 360* angles portal. wow that is really good idea thanks for hard work but I wish you fix for throwing of lights, sprites, sprays if you are portallable playable room if biggest brushworks into small design like fences of church or art designs like made by RNG or other mappers...
    That is why we don't need to create models....

Name:	myportal_test_wall-2017-06-30-0005.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	17763

I explain that JackHammer and func_portal, info_target and playable room.

Name:	myportal_test_wall-2017-06-30-0005a.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	17764

Name:	myportal_test_wall-2017-06-30-0005b.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	17765

Thanks

// EDIT 2:
    Wow it looks like realistic air con

Last edited by SourceSkyBoxer; 30-06-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Hello guys, Svencoop. I am sorry Please respect me! I am deaf. Thanks, Sven-Coop Forum!

Would it be possible to make a "infinite map" with this entities? Like a huge map maybe with some fog in the far and portals at the boundaries?

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    Would it be possible to make a "infinite map" with this entities? Like a huge map maybe with some fog in the far and portals at the boundaries?
    Like I think fog has problem for portal.

with older computers it will cause fps down to 10-1
    Dont use this

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sv boi View Post
    with older computers it will cause fps down to 10-1
    Every time one portal is rendered, it's like running two instances of Sven Co-op. It's not very efficient.

Any news of the fullscreen mode? this would be perfect if supports fullscreen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12