Thread: GoldSrc Mod Discs

GoldSrc Mod Discs

Hey all,

Remember back in the day when digital distribution wasn't the same and one could buy mods on disc?

If anyone has photos of those discs, or the names of any of the physical copies that were available please share them here!

I'll start with one I found the other day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gbvAcSn.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	418.7 KB 
ID:	17820

Re: GoldSrc Mod Discs

I don't recall ever seeing one of those. I can't seem to find ANY mention on google of these type of CDs.. how did you get it? We're these black market goods?

Back in the day I got most of my mods from game magazines cover CD's. That's how I found SvenCo-op
    Last edited by Hezus; 29-08-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Dude, id LOVE to see some of the stuff on those disks. Ive heard of one that i cannot remember the name that had a bunch of HLDM playermodels. Also there apparently were a lot of wierd bootleg Russian mod ones Id be dying to see but have only seen some images online of it.

Contributor

Discs like this were made by people to sell at computer fairs and the like so they're not really a good thing as they were distributing and making profit off other peoples work... in all honesty though they were an interesting part of the early days, they helped teen fools like me with limited online access get a bunch of mods and maps without having to wait weeks to download! I usually did the same as Hezus though, PC mag discs ftw.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

Ultimate Monster Mapper amckern's Avatar  
    Programmer

I got a 5 disk retail pack, it had a CD with the Valve Mod day stuff on it like Wanted HL.
    SC Kicks ass!

My Maps - SC_28, SC_AVP, SC_AVP10, SC_Duno, SC_Max, Opposing Forts, SC_Massive, SC_Oni
    My Web Sites - AMMAHLS