Thread: env_beam "Ring" spawnflag issue

snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks Green Astronauts's Avatar

Question env_beam "Ring" spawnflag issue

See thread title.

I downloaded the sprite example map from The303's outstanding sprite tutorial. On page 6 of this tutorial, there's an animated GIF near the bottom that shows the beam ring in action.
    If I play the map, however, the beam ring doesn't show up - neither in Sven Co-op, nor in Half-Life.

If I change the spawnflags from 9 ("Start On" & "Ring") to 1 ("Start On"), the beam shows up (as verified in Half-Life). The entity setup looks fine.

I just checked in the Half-Life intro real quick: The actual beam ring there still works (screenshot) so the problem must be something else. Any tips?

Edit: Changing spawnflags from 9 to 8, so that the beam ring starts off, and then manually triggering it, worked O_o...
    Last edited by Green Astronauts; 13-09-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    In-game name:

Administrator at the ModRiotGaming servers

Manager

Re: env_beam "Ring" spawnflag issue

Yeah I've heard about ring beam problems for a long time, encountered them on a map I'm making. One of the weird things is that the points of the beam must be brush model entities, point entities won't do.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons