Thread: Monster gib

Monster gib

how to make so that when a monster is killed (be it with custom weapons, with high damage and low health), the body is dismembered?

Contributor

Re: Monster gib

On the modelling side of things you would need a custom monster model with multiple bodygroups for "damage". On the programming side of things, I wouldn't know, Id assume there would be some kind of angelscript thing that could change bodygroups of target monster or something

Quote Originally Posted by The303 View Post
    On the modelling side of things you would need a custom monster model with multiple bodygroups for "damage". On the programming side of things, I wouldn't know, Id assume there would be some kind of angelscript thing that could change bodygroups of target monster or something
    in cases with an explosion, when the enemy has little health, his body is simply torn to pieces. And I would like to do this for all weapons (in cases when the enemy has little health, then when damage is inflicted, his body is torn to pieces)

Bump

200 MB Angelscript log file KernCore's Avatar

Increase the weapon's damage value for default weapons, for custom weapons take a look at this link: https://github.com/baso88/SC_AngelScript/wiki/Bullet
    If the custom weapon uses TraceAttack for it's damage you'll have to include DMG_ALWAYSGIB to the last parameter like this:
    Code:
    pEntity.TraceAttack( m_pPlayer.pev, flDamage * 0.5, g_Engine.v_forward, tr, DMG_CLUB | DMG_ALWAYSGIB );