Thread: Resident Evil : Biohazard V1.0

I love multi_manager Jamesmarine's Avatar

Resident Evil : Biohazard V1.0

rescreenshot1

rescreenshot4

Hi there. I'm back from a long time. Enjoy this christmas release.

Hope to make a part 2 if this one does well.

http://scmapdb.com/map:resident-evil:biohazard

You wake up in an isolated city. Raccoon City. Your head hurts, but you must find a way to leave this horror.

A classical take on the fictional Resident Evil Universe. Encounter familiar faces, from previous games. Dynamic sounds & music.
    Last edited by Jamesmarine; 24-12-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Contributor

Re: Resident Evil : Biohazard V1.0

Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

Nice!

Few suggestions without having played it yet:

• Extracted it and noticed the sounds in sound/raccon are big as fck, you should probably convert them to ogg or something so fastdl won't take so long (the other resources are still massive tho). I've just converted them with ffmpeg default parameters and from 152MB it is down to 19MB. 133MB less download is still an improvement. I don't know how much the sound quality suffers but I don't think it is very noticeable. Ogg sounds + .ent file here.
    • A .res file is missing, you can easily create one with https://github.com/wootguy/resguy (download in the releases tab)
    • I see "soundlist" "rebzombie.txt" in the map, and there are sounds included for the zombie but the soundlist is missing (sound/reb/rebzombie.txt) so default ones will be used.
    Last edited by nico; 24-12-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Tester

Great Christmas release! Had fun.

Thanks for this. I like RE themed maps.

I miss you so much, dear!

We managed to break Wesker at the end, resulting in him standing still in the hallway and not opening the door. Also I think there is a lack of enemies and the bosses could have had double HP. (Only played on normal, not sure if hardcore affects this.) Besides that: Great work! Sven needs more maps of that puzzly kind, this one being a good example

Tester

Oh, that reminds me...

The helicopter at the very end is enemy and destroyable. You might want to make it friendly and invincible instead.

I miss you so much, dear!

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    Sven needs more maps of that puzzly kind...
    It really is just some scavenger hunt in the core. You are looking around for objects to unlock doors and such to progress. There wasn't really any genuine puzzle.
    Honestly I got bored halfway, just running around finding objects, and didn't help the poor enemy encounters either, which was just few theyhunger zombies here and there. Oh yeah and obligatory mutant brute scientist.
    Visually the map is appealing, the city environment is nicely done. It was nice to see some urban themed map.

Rusty kinda noob mapper butcher2236's Avatar

I really like the job youve done with the textures they're really well accomplished. Love the original music of the police station, and the street of re3. The plants that gives u life are pretty cool and the dogs too.
    Didnt play it till the end thou. I want it to check it out before i play it with my friends