Thread: [Pack][SC] Big NPC and sounds assets pack for mapping

Registered User GarompaEstomper's Avatar

Lightbulb [Pack][SC] Big NPC and sounds assets pack for mapping

Here I come again with another huge pack of models. This time I'm releasing the assets I've been creating for the project I have been planning. Since it's going to take me way longer than I expected to ripent and convert some mods and maps I have chosen to port to SC (with many additional goodies of course, that's why all of this pack exists), I decided to finish the models (and their sounds) and release them so all of you can make use of any of them or modify them at will for whatever you may use them (hopefully maps).

I have included a full list of credits, though if there is some people I did not include please forgive my clumsiness, it's really hard to keep track of 550+ models.
    I have classified the models and sounds into folders that describe a bit what the maps where those models were made for are about. To give some context.

Contents:

- 558 models (mostly NPCs) (the Community members are not included here)(I may have forgotten to delete a few mdls from the pack that are identical to ones found somewhere else from other maps and such, so forgive me about that... hope you understand -the borealis folder might be messy)
    - Sounds for most of the NPCs (with soundlists)
    - Some music that was left over (I included it for the lols but you may find it useful)
    - 99% of everything included was modified or created by me. And all of it works with SC, even though I didn't test any of the models ingame I'm sure they should work
    - Includes almost all fully working HL1 Alpha, HL2 alpha and beta, and cut/concept NPCs and weapons with sounds
    - No AngelScript was used, only replacements and QC edits to imitate the original ideas as close as possible
    - Bonus track: Richard Boderbot and his dog Rolls!

Big download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hg1eda...%20Garompa.rar
    Last edited by GarompaEstomper; 14-06-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Re: [Pack][SC] Big NPC and sounds assets pack for mapping

I looked at the models. I am impressed! I was very interested in the models of HL1 beta and especially HL2 alpha/beta models.
    To me, where did you find such unique models? Did you edit these models yourself or just put them together?
    Very good that you left credits.
    Great work!
    Last edited by Cybermax; 24-06-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    I'm on moddb
    I'm on gamebanana
    I'm on youtube

Can you post a preview pic with the models?

I was thinking about making a mod based on HL2 beta and HL1 alpha.
    I really like the hd version of H&K GR9.
    I would like to have more hd models of HL2 beta weapons.
    weapons\hl1alpha\rpg\v_rpg.mdl looks awesome too. I did not find the author. It would be cool to have all hd hl1 alpha models.
    Last edited by Cybermax; 26-06-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    I'm on moddb
    I'm on gamebanana
    I'm on youtube

Registered User GarompaEstomper's Avatar

Hezus christ!(pun intended) we discussed this on the discord, anyone wanting to take pics of 500+ models would be better off shooting themselves in the foot lol

Cybermax, none of these models in this pack exist in the form they are in. I have taken my time to remake everything from the alphas and betas as close as possible using all tools and models i could find and fixing them up, so no you wont find these anywhere else.

I have planned on converting maps and mods to sc, but decided that during this unemployment hiatus i have i'd rather use my time to setup all the assets i'll use for those conversions, thats why this pack exists.

In between all those planned conversions there are two particular chapters or sets of maps: the hl1 alpha, and the hl2 beta.

Of course for the hl alpha i can use the actual maps, there is one particular mod that has the maps completelly fixed, but for the hl2 beta I really dont have any maps, and since im no mapper to recreate them and would take me years to learn and do it (which i dont have) I ended up literally searching for goldsource maps all over from cs, cscz, hldm, dmc, you name it, and ended up with a frankenstein type project of many maps from different people that when put together they can actually work to be very close to the atmosphere and setting of the hl2 beta (and have consistency betwren each other, meaning it makes sense that one comes after the other, they are not random maps cycled through like he mod quantum project). Already planned out all its chapters, as you can see from this pack. Im not happy with having to resort to mix up maps like this but i had no choice since im no mapper. anyways it ended up pretty good. Havent even started of course. Most of the story is told through dialogs, done by other characters not found in the sound files in this pack (ill have to record and use tts voices, the good ones of course... but goddamn voiceforge is not working anymore and that is troublesome though), but everything is written on a huge script i made, every dialogue, every action mostly. so its just a matter of time.

Mind you this whole project started when I decided to ripent a map to add a boss fight with gman. I did and it kept growing until it was too damn good. So i told myself why not make this even bigger. Now that map is part of the air exchange chapter lol

TL;DR. Hezus... no
    Cybermax.... yes
    Last edited by GarompaEstomper; 27-06-2018 at 04:11 AM.

Thank you very much for releasing this!