Thread: [Suggestion] Friendly NPCs shouldn't fear friendly-fire.

Post [Suggestion] Friendly NPCs shouldn't fear friendly-fire.

This is starting to get annoying lately, with people scaring NPCs and preventing others from continuing the level, as you know there are parts of levels in Half-Life and it's expansions where you have to lead scientists or allies to doors, switches...etc to unlock them, However this becomes very difficult and almost impossible in the presence of trolls who scare / alert these NPCs with their grenades, satchels...etc, and sometimes by simply shooting them, NPCs panic and refuse to co-operate, votekills and votekicks are no use mostly because people most of the time ignore them or the servers disable them for whatever reasons.

So my suggestion is to basically make Ally and Friendly NPCs not fear friendly fire, including grenades, mines, satchels and snarks thrown by other players to prevent such cases from happening, Thanks.

Artist

Re: [Suggestion] Friendly NPCs shouldn't fear friendly-fire.

The NPC return command (npc_return, bound to B by default) and move to position (npc_moveto, bound to M by default) should help and give you better control over friendly NPC's.
    Normally spamming the return command should override the NPC's fear reactions
    Have a nice day, no matter what you went through it'll all be okay by tomorrow.

I know that, the problem is that other people may still attempt to scare NPCs making it hard to guide them.

Manager

Heal them with the medkit and they'll stop being scared of players.

I agree though, we will improve this mechanic at some point.