Thread: They Hunger Trilogy Beaten Solo on Sven Co-op Without Getting Hit on Realistic

Post They Hunger Trilogy Beaten Solo on Sven Co-op Without Getting Hit on Realistic

So I did this:

Wanted to say that I at least beat one game without getting hit that is completely designed for you to take damage in some way. Thought it might as well be this, seeing as how They Hunger is one of my all-time favorite games, and Sven Co-op converts and improves upon it, with new weapon models, better AI, and whatnot (as well as adding more enemies, so I did it for the bigger challenge it was). And to get things out of the way, when I say without getting hit, I mean from enemies. There are parts in this game where it is impossible to avoid damage due to how the level is designed, so I limited this to enemies only (but tbh, I would've done this anyway, even if all trigger_hurts, level explosions, and fall damages were avoidable). Also this is "One Segment Per Level" except for two levels, which are two segments due to the sheer horror they posed.

At the end of each level, I modified the loading bar to contain "Statistics" for the level just completed, and I made sure that whenever I stopped the challenge, when I picked it back up, I had exactly the same equipment that I had from when I last left off. There is also stats after the TH credits.

Started this last summer, finished it this summer. Didn't think it'd take this long. I'm sure other people can finish it way faster. I just didn't have as much free time as I thought I did. I also now have nightmares about running from Barney, only for him to aimbot me before I can get away (seriously, don't know what you guys did for the security guards, but it honestly feels like they have hacks now lol).

Compared to other videos that do games without getting hit or some other gargantuan challenge, this probably looks unprofessional. There are moments where I really should've been way less of a chicken than I actually was. I feel I get better throughout the video as I learn more, but ya just goes to show "my novice nature doing stuff like this." But gotta start somewhere I suppose, and this was a pretty good learning experience for me in what not to do if I'm recording for people to watch eventually.

If you want to know more about the challenge, the YouTube description has stuff, like timestamps, explanations to cuts (w/ timestamps) that you may or may not see in the video, and a pastebin which contains additional stuff I wanted to add to the YouTube description but couldn't due to word limit and a "manual" of sorts specifically for this challenge which basically details my findings and thoughts and tips on this thingg.

Constructive and kind criticism is accepted, lay it on me if you got any, as well as any questions you may have.
    Last edited by seaal; 13-09-2018 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Reuploaded vid to my new channel. Edited video to be the new one

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

Re: They Hunger Trilogy Beaten Solo on Sven Co-op Without Getting Hit on Realistic

I´m in love, great stuff, will watch it when work is over

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Re: They Hunger Trilogy Beaten Solo on Sven Co-op Without Getting Hit on Realistic

Thanks! I'm very happy for your enthusiasm over it! Just seeing your comment really helps lift the anxiety I have felt after posting this.

Really impressive I see you use a lot of tricks I also used in single player, like peeking around corners with the flashlight untill it picks up the enemy model. I haven't watched the full 4 hours, but seems you got really lucky there at the end when the security guard bullets missed you by a hair

Heh ya I use the peek trick a lot in Episode 3 just because of how useful it is, but I don't think I initially knew about being able to shoot enemies without them seeing you until Episode 3 I believe. That episode forced me to learn new ways to deal with enemies just because of how much that episode wants you to get hurt lol.
    Also indeed at the end there the helicopter seemed to really help repel AI targeting, guess cause of the fact you're moving irregularly in the air. I've lost so many attempts to the zombie cops though that if he ended up shooting me, I most likely would've just been like "alright let's do this again", unless he shot me right after Franklin died, which then I would've raged. The part I feel I was most fortunate was when the sheriff forced me out from behind my small piece of cover in the helicopter. I literally ran through his line of fire and miraculously dodged his bullets, I thought for sure I was done there.
    Anyway thanks again for the praise! Really wasn't sure what I would face after posting this.

P.S. I thought I set this to email me when new replies were made, but apparently it isn't working, otherwise I would've replied sooner
    Last edited by seaal; 24-08-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Nice information. We at urbanclap also provide repair and replacement services like Sony Game Console Repair Service, etc.

It's funny how in my last post, I said the emailing thing wasn't working, but now it did, but the new post is from a spam bot. :|

trigger_delay & func_lazy TrEmPlEr's Avatar  
    Artist

yeah lol, fucking spam bots, time to update the forum @Sniper
    Also I watched the full video and it was amaizing, now I want to play Theyhunger again xD
    Thx for the effort!

here
    Modstatus: Unknown

Oh thanks! I'm glad you liked the whole thing. I thought most people would just be jumping all over the video rather than watching it fully. I am grateful for the support. ^_^