Thread: [Suggestion] Proper Opposing Force Co-op support?

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Proper Opposing Force Co-op support?

Any plans to add proper Opposing Force support? with Rope Mechanics, and Shock Roach having it's own slot? I was bummed to see it supported but not properly, for starters there doesn't seem to be any Ropes, and you can't switch to other weapons while holding a Shock Roach, and for some reason the Shock Roach just explodes after a while of using it, that's not how I remember Opposing Force? and the Shotgun and MP5 seem different.

Manager

Re: [Suggestion] Proper Opposing Force Co-op support?

I don't recall hearing any discussion about a "classic mode" for Opposing Force, though it might already be capable of this now. (With the exception of shock roach behaviour.)

The shock roach explodes after a while as our twist designed it to be a temporary weapon, with a secondary fire mode not found in Opposing Force. Secondary fire mode can also recharge a team mate's HEV if you fire it at them.)

We did look into the ropes once before but found the official implementation was very client unpredictive, so your movement up/down them would be latency dependant. (This has no impact on single player games using thread messaging instead of UDP/IP.) Thanks for the reminder though, we should consider a more client-server friendly alternative implementation. -- To be honest we completely forgot about ropes as the years have gone by.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by LOZ98 View Post
    and the Shotgun and MP5 seem different.
    Both weapons have had their sounds replaced with supposedly "high def" counterparts, but they're lame and have no business being there.

The shotgun sounds like a 357 and the MP5 sounds like a machine pistol. I had to replace both sounds with their original HL variants because they were so bad. Not sure the devs have ever heard or fired either weapon.

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    Not sure the devs have ever heard or fired either weapon.
    You definitely don't speak for the team on this. There is very mixed opinion within. -- Personally I don't like how "Hollywood" a lot of our weapons sound, particularly the 357.

A couple of our team are ex soldiers that would very much know how each weapon sounds. We are in fact trailing a replacement MP5 and SAW sound right now from outdoor range recordings received by one of the ex soldiers (Rusty) on the team.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Also i'm wasn't just talking about the sounds, the weapons behave differently too, they have different Alt fires and different Max ammo values, they don't feel as satisfying to use as the original weapons to be honest, especially the Shotgun Alt fire.