Thread: Talking through the microphone.

Talking through the microphone.

Add some new function,talking using microphone(do not pressing buttons)and switchning off microphone,when I do not talk.

Manager

Re: Talking through the microphone.

I'm not really sure a "talk to talk" mode is suitable for in game communication. I don't know of any other game that does this, they're all "push to talk" due to the public and in/out nature of it.

The "talk to talk" mode is more suitable for closed group talks using apps like Steam Friends, Discord, or Mumble, where you specifically enter a voice channel in advance.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

Quote Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
    I'm not really sure a "talk to talk" mode is suitable for in game communication. I don't know of any other game that does this, they're all "push to talk" due to the public and in/out nature of it.

The "talk to talk" mode is more suitable for closed group talks using apps like Steam Friends, Discord, or Mumble, where you specifically enter a voice channel in advance.
    such a function is in game VRCHAT,when I talk to others people-microphone automatically include on(I do not press microphone button),so when I do not talk microphone there off.

Manager

That looks like an MMORPG though. Talk to talk works much better on those types of game. I don't think we'll be in any rush to implement this kind of feature on Sven Co-op when there at least 3 good side apps already that can be used for this kind of communication.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons