Thread: Big Cave 2

Threaded View

Ultimate Monster Mapper amckern's Avatar  
    Programmer

Big Cave 2

Big Cave 2 - Beta 3

Download:
    http://downloads.ammahls.com/sc/bigcave2_b3.zip

I have wanted to build a level build into a hill side, or cave for many years after seeing what the Terrain Tools in Source can do, I was never able to build anything I liked in Source, and found the original big cave map on my hard drive after looking through some old Counter-Strike levels I made in the late 1990s.

This is a beta, and some things are not finished (take the first spawn outside as an example), but your objective is that you need to find an alternative route to the "Black Mesa Transport Hub".

I am very happy with the basics of this map, but depending on how things play the map might be adjusted, things removed, or added to match the game play style on both stock servers, and the ones running mods such as XP/RPG Mod.

Fixes:

Beta 3
    * Added most of the missing sound files and updated the RES file to show these changes
    * Replaced the Osprey with a Tank - this is the 2nd tank i have ever used in a map, so it might not operate in the best way
    * Shortcut after the tank is now opened after you kill the Garg - the fence near the toxic waste now has a hole in it.
    * Monster clip and path nodes around the Garg are now working - the Garg will climb out of the pit and try and kill you
    * Fixed VISleaf issue at the catwalks
    * Fixed the texture around the hole after the head Crabs
    * Add outdoor cliffs to the first spawn. Used the rock tool in JACK and gave them random faces and massive scale (ie 512x512) it looks better but not perfect.
    * Compiled with SvenCoop Tools 5.21 (the one with the new BSP / CSG function)

Beta 2
    * Added brush work to stop you jumping off cat walk (before was basic clip brush)
    * Better end area
    * Better lighting for grunts in shipping container
    * Fixed null textures on the back of the lower cat walk near the garg battle
    * Fixed floor texture in the fuel store near the ladder after the garg battle
    * Corrected case for sound files
    * Corrected res file includes
    * Added missing skybox
    * Textures now in wad file (allows server downloads to work as the BSP file was to large before)

Early build

Download:
    http://scmapdb.com/local--files/map:...igcave2_b2.zip
    Last edited by amckern; 15-10-2019 at 12:06 AM. Reason: New Version
    SC Kicks ass!

My Maps - SC_28, SC_AVP, SC_Duno, SC_Max, Opposing Forts, SC_Massive, SC_Oni
    My Web Sites - AMMAHLS