Thread: 100% difficulty isn't in the Official servers anymore :/ ?

100% difficulty isn't in the Official servers anymore :/ ?

Hello , i was playing sven coop for 2 months and i was really having fun but after the 20th year update,Official servers don't contain 100% difficulty anymore. I don't get it why those servers become easy at all. Challenge was amazing when my friend and i was playing at 99% or 100% difficulty so please bring back that challenge and fun again.People are leaving from the Official servers so 100% difficulty is what we really need.

Edit1: I'm sure there is a bug that shows how many players in the server wrong. That should be the problem because when we are at least 28 player the server still makes the diff 90% :/
    Last edited by takecover; 31-01-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Manager

Re: 100% difficulty isn't in the Official servers anymore :/ ?

It sounds like you were playing on a server with plugins. It's possible that the plugins broke due to Angelscript changes, and the server operators haven't fixed their scripts yet. There is no 'official' difficulty mechanism like what you have described built into the game by default.

Manager

This is configurable on a per-server basis, so it could be different quite easily. This is done with CVAR "mp_pcbalancing_factorlist", which can also be changed per-map, but the default value means damage multipliers of 1x for 1 player, 1.8x for 2 players, 1.4x for 3 players, 1.2x for 4 players, 1.1x for 5 players, and 1x for 6 or more players. -- Therefore 100% difficulty only happens when you're playing alone or with 6+ players.
    Adam "Adambean" Reece
    Sven Co-op team

Also on: Steam | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Released AMXX plug-ins: Bind number slots | NextMap with Sven Co-op fix | Sven Co-op administrator icons

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

Love,
    w00tguy

Quote Originally Posted by JPolito View Post
    It sounds like you were playing on a server with plugins. It's possible that the plugins broke due to Angelscript changes, and the server operators haven't fixed their scripts yet. There is no 'official' difficulty mechanism like what you have described built into the game by default.
    kanıt.jpg

I was talking about these Half-Life servers shown above the picture. You see there are 11 players right now but when there are 30 people and script calculates difficulty , it won't say more than 22 people joined the server and difficulty just stucks at 90%. There may be that kind of bug in the Dynamic Difficulty script.

Edit: I guess i should make contact with the developer who built this Dynamic diff script.I may help him to fix the script.How can i reach him ?
    Last edited by takecover; 01-02-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Difficulty Plugin

100% Difficulty is indeed a part of the Dynamic Difficulty script.
    The server operator can freely configure their difficulty-settings on their servers.
    After each map change, the difficulty will be recalculated.
    (The player count before the map change will be used to prevent miscalculation).
    I already fixed the array.length problem on my plugins after the 20th anniversary update.

Half-Life Servers

I am sure that these servers are not official servers from the developers.
    Any server operator could change their Hostname to "Half-Life".
    I don't have any information what difficulty the Half-Life server uses.

Summary

There are 2 possible options:
    1. There is a new bug on my difficulty plugin
    2. The server operator uses a low difficulty-setting

Thanks for the reply. I guess the second option isn't possible because when the server has nearly 30 people, diff command still prints there are 23 people joined the server.
    The number won't increase at another map too :/
    How can we reach to server operator? @CubeMath

Edit:Also can you upload your last version of plugin ? I need to check the updated version.
    Last edited by takecover; 01-02-2019 at 02:18 PM.

snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks snarks Green Astronauts's Avatar

The server you're referring to has always had the difficulty capped at 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Astronauts View Post
    The server you're referring to has always had the difficulty capped at 90%.
    But i'm sure i have played at 100% difficulty in one of these Half-Life servers because my hp was 1.I just need to find the server operator , How can we make communication with server operators ?