Thread: Sven Co-op 5.0 Overhaulin' Packs + Campaign (Ultra Def)

Registered User GarompaEstomper's Avatar

Explosive Crate Sven Co-op 5.0 Overhaulin' Packs + Campaign (Ultra Def)

Merry christmas and happy new year Sven coop community.

Sven coop was part of my childhood so this is my gift to you today. I spent a whole month working on this.

I downloaded ALL the models I could find EVERYWHERE. I took the best ones and I fixed/reskinned/ported them to work with SC 5.0!

I wanted to keep it as close as possible to SC and HL in its original form so you will only find upgraded versions of the originals here.

Be sure to read the readme inside.

The contents are the next (all these should go in svencoop_addon folder):

Overhaul pack - - -

- Do you want more detail in Sven coop?
    - You want the best detail without sacrificing the game's style/lore/design?
    - Would it take you years to search the web for all the best stuff out there and even then it wouldn't work with SC 5.0?

Then this is the pack for you. The Sven Coop Overhaul pack is split into 4 folders: Weapon models, Player models, Background image, and NPCs/items/sounds/sprites. (made like this to save people from replacing their own tastes)

Special features:
    - Rescaled w_ and p_ models to be accurate between each other!
    - 2 different main menu background options with image preview!
    - Extra Ultra def models for some maps, including the maps with missing models like assaultmesa2!
    - and weapons with colorable hands!

Pics!
    https://imgur.com/a/YZVYB

Download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/qp8m8...by_Garompa.rar
    Detail textures pack - - -

- Do you wish textures in Sven Coop weren't so low definition/blurry?
    - There is no other detail texture pack for SC out there? (of course there isn't)

Then try this pack! 300+ maps have detail textures and skyboxes now! it's still beta, not all textures have been upgraded, but those blurry ones are hard to find indeed! and I don't think I'm gonna finish it anytime soon so anyone is welcome to do it! Only half-life.wad, xeno.wad, liquids.wad have been edited. (so any maps using other wads specifically for those maps is prone to blurriness anyways)

Special features:
    - Added better detailed skyboxes
    - and a decals.wad!

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/d9tl39...by_Garompa.rar

Edit: I deleted the Campaign pack just because the idea has been expanded too much and this version is way beyond obsolete, plus nobody really understood what it was about or really cared mostly because of the same reason. I hope that in the future, with some work, I can deliver the mod conversions and maps that I have been planning on ripenting to tell the story my own way, through actual gameplay ingame. Cheers!
    Last edited by GarompaEstomper; 13-06-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Been playing since 2000, Joined the threads late, Still killin and having fun even. Better late than never. Darkassassin198's Avatar

Re: Sven Co-op 5.0 Overhaulin' Packs + Campaign (Ultra Def)

First of all, amazing pack well done it's likeable though might I suggest that you add more weapons to pick from? I like the ones you have now but some weapons I dislike or would love to have them be something that makes them seem more powerful like an AK for the m16, scout for the m40a1 and maybe a rpk for the m249 along with a g36c for the mp5, stuff like that mainly, still it's your pack and it's very likeable.

10/10
    Did you know...if you touch a wall you run faster?

now try it with crates.

As I said, I wanted to keep it close to sven coop and half life so no fancy different weapons just upgraded models for the originals. Thats why if someone fancies some kind of different weapons there are plenty in gamebanana or places like those. This pack is for "all round"/"everyone's taste", and thats why I put the weapons in another folder just in case

Contributor

Good, Main Menu Backgrounds

Idea of goodie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Svencoop_Main_Menu_Backgrounds_Option_1_preview.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	583.3 KB 
ID:	17525  
    Patience is a virtue greatly needed by those who attempt great things.
    La patience est une vertu fort nécessaire à ceux qui tentent de réaliser de grandes choses.

Server SvenCoop
    I love the mods svencoop
    World time zone & Look clocks

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

I downloaded this for the sole purpose of having that background ^
    Love,
    w00tguy

Manager

Nice work!

Can you put a few screenshots in your post, so people can get an idea what type of models there are?

sure, I didn't have time to play so I used mostly stadium4, I updated the image link in the main post

Wow, this certainly is a xmas present and a half for the community, thanks for your effort! I have to say that background menu is glorious
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

Man, this is very dope. But can I have a little request that I always love to have HECU soldiers as player models. And look at that new HECU damn...I would be very happy if you could make those HECU hands into V models and those NPCs models as player models. Thanks alot mate.

A very nice package. The textures were especially nice, although in modern Sven Co-op, the use of those high-rez textures messes up Opposing Force and xen levels. I haven't seen HD texture replacements for Sven Co-op anywhere else on the internet though.

Sorry to zombify this thread - but the links for both packs are dead, will there be any updated links?

Nope, you are right, it seems mediafire has deleted the files for some reason. I don't have them anymore. Also I got a new PC and wiped everything clean. Perhaps someone that has downloaded it can provide a link, but its highly unlikely, its been three years.

But, since then my skills went up, and I have come to realise many of the vanilla SC models (those that have been remodeled from scratch) are actually the best you will find out there, and with some fixes I have made a new "Nostalgia" pack you may want to check out if you are a fan of the old Valve art designs, right here in the forums you can find the post.

Quote Originally Posted by GarompaEstomper View Post
    Nope, you are right, it seems mediafire has deleted the files for some reason. I don't have them anymore. Also I got a new PC and wiped everything clean. Perhaps someone that has downloaded it can provide a link, but its highly unlikely, its been three years.

But, since then my skills went up, and I have come to realise many of the vanilla SC models (those that have been remodeled from scratch) are actually the best you will find out there, and with some fixes I have made a new "Nostalgia" pack you may want to check out if you are a fan of the old Valve art designs, right here in the forums you can find the post.
    Well that stinks, I was hoping you would have it. It's okay though. I am using your "Nostalgia" pack right now, and I absolutely love using it. Thanks anyway.