Thread: [Plugin] AntiBlock

func_vehicle enthusiaist w00tguy123's Avatar

[Plugin] AntiBlock

A simple solution to the player blocking problem. +USE players to swap places with them.

CVars:
    as_command antiblock.disabled disables the plugin
    as_command antiblock.cooldown controls how long swappers have to wait to swap again (or to be swapped with). The default is 0.6 seconds.
    as_command antiblock.stomp controls player stomping logic (what happens when falling on top of a player):
    • 0 = disabled
    • 1 = split damage evenly across all players involved (default)
    • 2 = split damage across only the players that got stomped on
    • 3 = apply full damage to all players involved

Download:
    https://github.com/wootguy/AntiBlock/releases
    Last edited by w00tguy123; 30-01-2020 at 04:25 AM.

Tester

Re: [Plugin] AntiBlock

Nice work/thinking there, lets hope it is widely distributed and used.
    Regards
    Wolf-3D

Server Manager

Useful plugin. But IMO a player semiclip plugin would be a fine replacement to this. (I know, there is one already), but something like in CS 1.6 where it sets the opacity instead of making the player disappear.

Registered User GarompaEstomper's Avatar

Yes, the problem with that is that they disappear from too far away. If you are in a tight space you can't se anyone which is not nice and nobody knows where teammates are. An opacity plus a shorter distance needed would make it perfect.

Added stomping logic for situations where a player is at the bottom of a deep pit trying to gib people falling down.

I think splitting damage evenly between both players is probably best. A blocker can't block forever, and you're punished less if you try to cushion a fall for someone.
    Love,
    w00tguy

Am I crazy, or does this kill monsters instantly? Also a tad evil when jumping around xD but I'm hoping I can find a way to use it properly I've had several people dislike SemiClip but need some sort of anti-blocking plugin.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this doesn't do anything to monsters lol. The game has a built-in feature similar to "antiblock.stomp 2" where you can do damage to monsters by falling on them. That's all that comes to mind.

There is some trolling potential with the plugin (especially in kz maps), but it can be tricky to pull off. IMO it's usually funny when that happens (at least more so than sitting in a doorway and refusing to move).
    Love,
    w00tguy

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    Am I crazy, or does this kill monsters instantly? Also a tad evil when jumping around xD but I'm hoping I can find a way to use it properly I've had several people dislike SemiClip but need some sort of anti-blocking plugin.

Thanks!
    I just wanted to say that I can't seem to get this to happen again, not sure why it happened but felt like I should say something about it lol but oh well... all seems well!

Thanks