Thread: Mapz...

Mapz...

Yo all.. I umm just whipped up something.. just for fun.. I mean they suck but if you wanna try em go ahead PS: if some posted posotive feed back i'll jump off a cliff.

The maps are ZombieHorror! and GargNestb2

These are very newbie mapz... I made them for fun they are not real serious... you'll see bad carvign and stuff... but hey its the mapz.... they got good plotz... so here they r.

BTW GargNestb2 is about you and you're team located some gargantuas in a cave and alot of them... so you are sent down to investigate and use any means possible. You will meet you're science team later in the map...

zombiehorror!: You are investigating some caves when you are traped... and then you smell an awful stench.. You follow the bodies to find...

BTW gargnestb2 is not finished.. I want the gman to walk out but I don't know how yet.
    LoL Thanx for uploading the mapz for me
    Last edited by 007; 26-02-2002 at 01:06 PM.

Re: Mapz...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 007
    [B]PS: if some posted posotive feed back i'll jump off a cliff.

[QUOTE]

The maps are great
    they are good for your first map
    keep up the great work

NOW JUMP!!!!

007 needs my help to upload. *cough*newbie*cough* j/k
    Note: I am not associated with these maps.

Re: Re: Mapz...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Freaking Neo
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by 007
    PS: if some posted posotive feed back i'll jump off a cliff.

NOW JUMP!!!!

*breaths in* AYYEE *flies off cliff*

Have been... Shall be
    ahhh yes VERY newbie, no offence

one tihng, it looks like ur making a box and carving it, tisk tisk tisk bad 007 u dont carve! u make the walls floor and ceiling individuals.

ALSO! put in some light entitys and compile with VIS AND RAD! on normal!! it will make ur map run sooooo much smoother and faster and also make u actually have lights and dark areas and generally make it better!

i find if i want someone to walk i jus make a scritped_sequence and make it make the monster walk to it but not preform any animation. go to handy vandals and have a look at their scritped seqences.

sorry for no positive feedback, BUT ur learning.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Manager
    eh.. yeah, I was thinking newbie map, ok.. let`s try this.. but this is very very sad.. I played the garg and zombie map.. I really expeted sumthing really different..

Is this the first time you use WC ? I could help you a bit with mapping if you like, u should contact me on MSN or ICQ.
    I can give you some tips allready :

-Stop carving.
    -Use more texures
    -Compile FULL !
    -Use a monster_maker instead of 100 monsters

When you think : let`s test the map.. then startup HL and type : r_speeds 1

There will be things shown :
    The Wpoly and the Epoly.
    The Wpoly are all world items, like the walls.
    The Epoly are all entity`s, like weapons and monsters.

It`s very important that you keep the Wpoly below 700. That means you shouldn`t built large detailed area`s. The epoly doesn`t really matter that much, because this is a coop mod, so their must be a lot of monsters sometimes.

For more tips look at :

http://www.vlatitude.com
    http://www.valve-erc.com

Now go and make some cool maps

Uhh Yeah I got MSN thanx.. it was a quick throw together mapz... I was doing them cuz I was bored but put no real effort into them... what else can I do besides carving?

Have been... Shall be
    leran to stick in lights and compile with vis and rad!

if u are runnig a map like ur`s on a milliatry hard nuts computer p gajillion then all maps run smooth with high fps, eg anything above a 1.2 gigla herts would run ur map with high fps HOWEVER if i still had my p2 400 and some ppl do still and have lower systems, then ur map would go, du, cakupp, squa,du,do,di... VERY SLOW.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

The Great Brigadier

instead of carving, use vertex manipulation.

instead of carving to get a shape use various boxes...how do you get the shape? well, select a box. then on your SIDE toolbar, there is a wireframe box with red points. this is the vertex manipulation tool. once youve selected your box click on this. now, you will notice your box is red, and has white points on it. these let you change the whay the box looks. for exaple. pretend each line of the shape has a point at each end.
    __
    |_|
    now, move one of the points, and you might get something that looks like this.

___
    |_/
    You can move the points in each view, to give you more rough looking terrain.
    Brigadiero7- Revolutionizing the way levels are made.
    Completed maps:
    svencoopadventure,clanbattlesALPHA
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS