Thread: mr magic!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry mr magic!!!!!!!

i went on 2 of your servers and they found a cheat. a long time ago my friend whos half-life broke asked if he could install a mod and he installed a couple of cheats i dont use them and after i got banned i deleted all of that crap. but i still cant play and any idiot who wants to cheat in sc is a dumb*ss. please take me off my name is Bogus and the date was march 3rd 2002

PM mrmagic with ur won id
    Your vehicle has broken down on an automatic railway level crossing.
    What should you do first?

Walk along the track to give warning to any approaching trains.

Have been... Shall be
    i say, live with ur consquences. u should`t have cheated in the first place so
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

If he removes you from the banned list and you try and join again you will just get banned again due to the automatic cheat detection software finding exactly what it found before...
    (OGC cheats change hl.dll so uninstalling it will still leave the evidence)

Mr_Magic won't remove the cheat detection software for you, so your only option is uninstall Half-Life, defrag your hard drive , then reinstall everything...
    If this dosn't get rid of it then I'm afraid your only other option is reformat and reinstall windows...
    Sound Dude

Mixmaster
    Rman and Dudda are right.
    Im in a good mood today, so PM me your won ID and ill unban you.
    But Rman is right, if you dont delete the cheat software you will get banned again. I suggest you delete this before you join my servers again. I wont take it off after people threating to crash the server with it.

If you are having trouble deleting it, PM me and well go through it together.
    For all your soulfull house needs, go to--->>DJMrMagics Web Site

Trying to resist from answering stupid-ass questions.
    Excuse me for going off-topic, but what CAN be cheated from SC that needs an authentication check?

options in the cheat software to kick players, crash the server, run scripts on other peoples computers using the server's access...
    It's pretty dire what these cheats can do...
    Sound Dude

Trying to resist from answering stupid-ass questions.
    You're saying those crash scripts from Blanco and Company from 1.9 never got fixed?

Nah...there are different scripts that hack in to servers running admin-mod and exploit it to their advantage...
    and new ones that can flood any HL server by hacking into the server/client protocol

As far as I know there're allways new scripts being written that avoid detetection, so server side cheat detection software is allways being updated...
    Sound Dude

I've seen numerous people able to walk around in spectator mode in game and still be able to play the game normally. What I mean by this is they are able to fly, pass through solid objects as if they are not there and still kill monsters. Yes I realize this is an old hack but it still ruins the game for those who don' t cheat and it has been on the uprise.
    Win98se, P3 550, DirectX 8.1
    Via 4in1437(a), PC133 SDRam 256 Megs, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, Asus P3V133 Motherboard, Asus V7700T Geforce 2 Ti200 32 meg DDR, Driver: Asus V7700 Ti SGRAM 32 Meg v21.83a

I know you can get my IP,WOnID.
    But that looking at HD makes me think that SC or HL have no security.
    But I have not realy problem that you look if I got cheat software because I dont have them.

yer, that worried me at fist, but i dont think its QUITE likle that.

Mixmaster
    As I see it, and I might be wrong, but it doesnt look at all your files. it looks for particular files on your hd in particular places.
    ie C:\windows\xxxx.exe

It doesnt just scan your entire HD.

To be honest its not doing anything ANYONE runing adminmod couldn't do from the console anyway. Remember Bob-os script that mucked up your binds etc.

The only way to be really safe is not to join servers running adminmod.

Angry WTF

What the hell!!
    I got kicked from mrmagic's for having "OGC 5.0" having installed to my comp.
    I dont even know what it is! wtf! I dont even have such a thing installed?
    It is some kind of a cheat I think, but I do not have any cheats, not more or less than this OGC.
    What the fuck do cheats help in SC anyways? And I think it sucks to search my HD like that!

Shame on you!

Mixmaster
    Zuron, check your PMs

Zuron...

Zuron, I have know idea what that thing u say got u kicked out is but..

The reason they do this is, even though cheating is pitiful and sometimes there's no point in using them cuz they're almost useless at times, there are people out there that are stupid enough they use cheats and they need to get banned from the servers, especially ones as important as Mr. Magic's.

Sry for your problem, but there IS a reason for all of this and if you don't like it, go tell your problems to the cheaters themselves. They're the reason we need stuff like that.

I remember it as though it were a meal ago Dude's Avatar
    Yes,I know im evil for going there,but I heard from a friend there was some sort of cheat scanner on ***** (no im not linking to it,just referring is bad enough). It worked pretty good,it just scanned and asked if i wanted to delete the cheats. (FYI,I was testing them on MY server)
    A man with hastily planned schemes will speak faster than the man with charisma.

Just get rid of it and I know it was not you because you said it but steer away from cheat they are stupid and make the game less fun.
    ½

i got a little question,

Will cheaters get permi banned when exposed ?

I'm pretty sure it's a permanent ban.

I remember it as though it were a meal ago Dude's Avatar
    Yup,its just pops up to console and says "You have been banned permanently by the server op"
    A man with hastily planned schemes will speak faster than the man with charisma.

Post Man, that sucks!

But I still dont know what you did?

Manipulator of Vertecies WarpZone's Avatar
    On a completely unrelated note, but this still has to do with Mr. Magic's server... how come we're allowed to say "damn" on that particular server, but not "jew?" There was some guy playing with the handle "SuperJew" today, and I think maybe he actually was just jewish and proud of it, and it kept changing his name to something generic. I'd think that would be real annoying if it were me! I mean, I hate idiots who use the "y" key for nothing but cussing as much as the next guy, but at what point did a religion/ethnic background become censorable just because some people use it as slang for "cheater?"

Mixmaster
    It hasnt, im jus too lazy to look through the word list.

Manipulator of Vertecies WarpZone's Avatar
    Bah! Come on, Mr. Magic! We respect your server as "one of the good ones!" And quality mappers like BMT are so gosh darn proud to have their maps (like, in this case, Incoming!) in your map rotation. Couldn't you go a tiny step further and secure your title of server god by looking through a txt file real quick and making inteligent decisions? =)

Pleeeeeeease?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast