Thread: All fixed up. svencoopadventure is fully completed!

The Great Brigadier

All fixed up. svencoopadventure is fully completed!

Alright. I hope this is the last time i have to do this. the only problem in the last version was that it wasn't showing up in the maps list, and i fixed it. here it is!

btw does anyone read the "to install"? if you did was it easy?

EDIT- yes, pulsator was cancelled (you coulkdnt download it off servers)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by brigadiero7; 03-03-2002 at 10:00 AM.
    Brigadiero7- Revolutionizing the way levels are made.
    Completed maps:
    svencoopadventure,clanbattlesALPHA
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

Trying to resist from answering stupid-ass questions.
    I hate to be the first to say this.....

and i'm not sure if it's me or not......

but your map has NO lighting whatsoever.

Well, ok. there is light, at the VERY beginning. but then that's it. You apparently drop down, but, after that, there is NO way to see where you're going, or what you're doing.

Allow me to illustrate:

[this was from the starting point, looking down at the rest of the world.]

wow, thats ummm... dark.

The Great Brigadier

sorry..

sorry i must have had a problem compiling.. ill check it out and repost it.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

The Great Brigadier

Sorry about that.

the problem was that i accidentally covered the light_environment. thats why the level is dark. this one however is the FINAL FINAL version (hopefully).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

MegaMonsterMassacreMapper DeathBog's Avatar
    Haha you didn't even test the map before uploading it!? Now that is bad mapping strategy!
    Behold the DeathBog, Sven Co-op Team Mapper. Maps in 2.0 Final: JailBreaks 1 and 2, SvenCoopRPGs 1 and 2, MegaMonsterMassacre.

The Great Brigadier

no its not that-

ive tested it numourous times with my friends. i just added in a rock over the light_environment, and didnt realize i did that.

i gues that guys motto is right- assumption is the mother of all ++++ ups.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

Manager
    hehe Well let`s test this piece of work. I`ll be back with sum comment.. BE PREPARED !

The Great Brigadier

lol...

lol... i dont think youll be able to get to the 1st level without a second person.

the diffrence between my map (an adventure map) and a walkthrough map (ex. svencoop) is that mine is LOADED with secrets, and you must travel back to previous levels in order to get to the next.

anyways, i gotta give you a walk through if you want to get through it. (this map is confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it is VERY fun..ive tested it online and many people enjoyed it)

note: I WILL NOT TELL YOU (OR ANYONE) WHERE ANY SECRETS ARE!!!

alright, lets begin. (doing this is much easier said then done)

jump out of the plane (this is to simulate a parachute) and once you land, head for the cliff on the side (youll need someone to jump on), once you get up push the box over. once that is done, turn around and and walk down the cliff-halls.eventually, you will reach a button. the second you get there, you first boss will apear. two HWguys with 500 health.once you kill them hit the button. when you return to the ship, there will be an HWguy. kill him, and continue into the cave. once in the cave, there will be hound eyes and alien slaves. eventually, you will reach an area where there is goo (i like that word...just say it out loud...goo) if you try to jump over youll die. so there is a button in the dark. once hit, turn around and head for the warehouse. go inside, and after facing some alien grunts you will reach a jumpsuit on a box. get somone to crouch next to it, or move the box (from the 1st level) near it to get up. once you get it, head back to level 2 (the caves) and jump over the goo (normally i would say acid, but i like goo). when you get there, your next boss will appear. they are alien grunts, and have 500 or 750 health (i dont remember). then, go back to the warehouse. remember the goo (gooooo!)? now there is a rail the let you walk across it. once inside, go to the button. now exit the warehouse, and your on your way to the last boss. if you didnt get ANY secrets then i have provided hand grenades at the top of the cliff. you have reached the final boss- a gargantua (2000 hp) and 2 alien grunts (750 hp). defeat these guys and you win the game.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

MegaMonsterMassacreMapper DeathBog's Avatar
    This map isn't very good. You need to learn a few things: first, learn how to use sprites. Then, learn how to use info_nodes. Then, make sure a map is fun before you release it.

Check www.valve-erc.com for details!
    Behold the DeathBog, Sven Co-op Team Mapper. Maps in 2.0 Final: JailBreaks 1 and 2, SvenCoopRPGs 1 and 2, MegaMonsterMassacre.

Rising from icy depths... Penguin's Avatar

being a bitch...as usual

Ok...i played this while my map was compiling...so it was stuttery...but it worked well.

Fist off, the sprites...set these to additive.
    Second...make the grunts stop respawning somtime...i had roughly 10 all in a cluster at one point.

The cave sequence was too dark. And the cfg disabled the flashlight...for me anyways.

Get rid of those slime pits...they aren't even pits, just slime sitting on the ground.

The cliffs were decent, and arcitecture could be improved...but that all comes after mapping for a while.

The one thing i did like about the map was the way you progressed...as in new openings. I usually had to run around for a while before i knew somthing opened. This kind of reminds me of svencooprpg for some reason.

The final boss sucked...all i needed to do was run past him and hit the switch to win. you dont even need to fight. make his death trigger be to open the cage.

Thats all. I'm going to go critizize more maps now.
    I personally say remake the map. It could be better, and think of some cool puzzles...not just mindless action. The 2 person "cliff" stack was mediocre at best.

Manager
    Yes, I played it and well I guess this really need some more work :

- Change sprites.. (the black around the teleport looks dumb)
    - Stop using 100 times respawning monsters
    - For Xen creatures its good they respawn but make something that you can let them stop respawning, for instance make a complex way to cut power to the teleporter they come from.
    - Make a better outside rockwall.. (there is a very good way discribed on Vladtitude.com )
    - Use info_nodes, so monsters can walk around a bit.
    - The water,slime is a bit dumb, it`s floating in the sky and on.
    - Make more puzzles in the map.
    - Be sure to use those texures right, some looked really bad they started somewhere half away a wall and ended up nowhere.
    -Make area`s more detailed, but watch the r_speeds !

As for the map`s good aspects : The story is very nice ! You must work this out a bit more.

Check out Vladitude and Valve-erc for more tips and tricks on mapping..