Thread: Garghnt5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Garghnt5

Yo all.. I spent time up till 1:30 last night working on this map and some this morning... and its a real beta map.. I am impoving it alot... the textures sux yo momma... but alota stuff in this map was the first time I used things and I didn't wanna spend 2 hours scrolling threw the textures matching it all up and stuff... so I hope you like alpha alpha alhpha beta map... its not nearly finished... I intend to learn more about clipping and textrues and skies and stuff.. this is just the beginging I will countinue to work on it but if you'd like to check it out go ahead... this one was complied with vis and rad so its less laggy.... its kinda small I was trying to kinda estimate and didn't estimate the best... umm my carving is a bit better not wher eyou have to crouch and jump to get threw... I included a teleporter and lots of stuff lying around... the garg will spawn 20 times he has 5000 hp.. not too hard... the bullsquid respawns 10 times... you need team work to boost to the rpg... umm its got breakable stuff..... I know some of the texture will look dumb or weird... but ey its an alpha beta map.. so if you want to you can test it: Hope you kinda like it:

If I may be the first to say...

LAME

Its not very nice to steal a title that was made by someone else, even if you feel you are 'continueing' the series. Garghnt4 was also made by a newbie mapper and is not offical by Sniper nor Socrates.

I suggest changing the name to something else related to Gargs.

Suggestions:

007_gargfight
    sc_garg007
    gargfight007
    007_gh

Ok

Ok here is 007_GargFight... a made a few additions to it... umm could a moderater please delete my Garghnt5 zip I can't figure out how to delete it...

anyway here it is.. still alpha beta version and the textures still suck yo momma
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have been... Shall be
    OH JESUS!

look 007, i would say get a bit more into the real WC before attempting a full on map, what i did was go through entitys and learning to do things and trggers and doing trains and moveing things and stuff.
    its quality over quantity.

don`t chrun out a big crap map, (no offence) jus make a NICE one that is, is.. is.. err well jus better, try not to realease all these [BETA] ones, cos it would be much better if u jus make it the best u can, make a part and make it to the BEST of the ability that u can and THEN! mvoe onto a next bit.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Well I started simple I learned brushes textures... spawn points.. then I learned entities... (light etc) then I learned glass then water then teleporting and this was the first map I used HEV chargers and Health chargers.. so its kinda going ok.. I also used smaller grids.. I'm not that great with textrues tho...

tell me you think I should make the map bigger?? I think its too small

Pissed off and good to go Black Cat's Avatar

gargfight

I played this map and I found quite a few places that needed improvment.

1. Gargs are BIG, so make sure that the map is outside and with minamum crates.
    2.Gargs are strong, if u only have gargs, make sure that u take out the shotgun and glock(the MP5 will need AR grenades aswell)
    3. Gargs are the center, baby gargs should have their own space, now running around with mama....so players can concentrate on the big one.
    4. Players get bored, Be sure to make a platform or something with a"destroy all" type function, for exsample pressing it would let lava flow freely in to the garg's lap, of course, use ur imagenation and don't just make a button that sez"To destroy the garg, click here".
    5. Scratch the crates, and make some kind of bunker that players can escape in to, then go out on the other end of the map.
    6. More enemys, its the amazing VARIETY that keeps SC going.
    7. Bigger map damnit.
    8.Go to the wadfather for lava texures.
    9.1 tripmine? no rockets? cheapo!!!!!
    10.add a better secret area then the zombie sqare!!!!
    There is no god but MJ and Kaneda is his prophet.

Re: gargfight

Originally posted by Black Cat
    I played this map and I found quite a few places that needed improvment.

2.(the MP5 will need AR grenades aswell)

9.1 tripmine? no rockets? cheapo!!!!!

replay to 2 There is 2 ar grenades at the spawn break the box open... and alota the boxes are breakable too.

and to 9 There is 1 rocket reload at the top are you blind? and there is not 1 trip mine.. under the spawn area is one on the roof is 2 in the HP and HEV charger is one.

Has everyone forgot what garghnt maps are about??? Means 1 monster the garg.. I added the baby garg the grunt the alien slave and the zombie for intertainment... Its gonna improve... its suppose to be a deathmatch map and yes I've been considering making it bigger due to complaints.

ah sorry bout the tripmines black cat... I am using new versions and testing ... the maps I am using is ahead of what you have.
    Last edited by 007; 14-03-2002 at 12:24 PM.

Have been... Shall be
    but still...

PLEASE! finish it off before realsing a newbie bug filled beta map.

next time. (no offence)
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Its 95% done.. i just need to stretch some textures... put on a sky.. and a few tweaks and bugs and it'll be released. fully..

Yeees... I know.. I will start tomorrow first thing on the textures... its 95% done... the 5 percent is textures.. the main base is done... It will be tweaked up and posted soon... who knows maybe I'll add my real picture in it... Secret worth finding

007 you might as well stop this now, no-one likes garghunt maps anymore, even if it was amazingly architectured and textured, etc. you'd need a miracle for anyone to bother with it.

Ofcourse... add more linear gameplay to it (ie. storyline) and you're in the moolah my friend ^^ .. Example, when you kill garg, wall explodes, baby gargs come out.. when they die, a door opens and you're off down some corridors, finding yourself in the middle of a grunt ambush! Thats int.. erm, Entertainment!
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

So yer saying give up? Heck no.

Rising from icy depths... Penguin's Avatar
    yes, all garghunt and horde maps aren't very fun anymore. It is a good start to make em, but don't release anything. People want a lot of walkthru maps...

Also, align the textures properly. Its the colored square tool on the toolbar. Nothing ruins a map more than misaligned textures. And it is a good idea to read up on func_wall entities and making ladders properly. Keep at it!

the map is good, its just the fact that you cant use tripmines anymore and the texures are a bit messed
    HDR, computer games version of salt.

Well the trip mines are for killing him and setting traps... and I am surpirsed someone had posotive feedback!!!!!!! Almost didn't check this thread cuz I thought it be more "you suck!" "boo" "give up" crap...

Wait till ya see the final version its gonna be 30 times better then the one I released... its got more room and 2 secrets... 1 is OBVIOUS the second you need ghost 1 or noclip to find... but thats only in my newest one...

BTW In this picture that Neo posted : http://www.magicalcheese.com/uploads...gargfight4.jpg

if ya look close you can see some of the newer version.. since hes a beta tester :P

007 you really are f**king stupid if you think this crap will go down well.

- You brag about someone being a beta tester, trying to make it sound cooler, whereas the beta tester must be a bigger fool than you

- Why is the whole map just a cliff box with no attempt of a sky or decent lighting?

- I can't express my sheer pity enough over how stupid you must feel after realising you took a screenshot of very very bad texture alignment, which you have now let everyone see before they even got your map

- Finally, you have just blatantly ignored our sensible suggestions in that horde/arena maps WILL NOT go down well unless you have some sort of creative objective/walkthrough element aiding the gameplay.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire

Have been... Shall be
    sorry 007, ditto wat BM`s jis said.

look d00d give up if ya want to, some ppl were jus not cut out for mapping.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

woah now hold on monkey, i said this particular map sucked but it doesn't mean he is crap at mapping. Practice makes perfect.

Have been... Shall be
    suppose so, musta jumped to conclusion on that post, i am sorry.

unlike u BM, i`am sure u had mapping dna injected into ur body when u were born, theirs no other way u could have pulled off incoming.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Originally posted by BMTwigzta
    007 you really are f**king stupid if you think this crap will go down well.

- You brag about someone being a beta tester, trying to make it sound cooler, whereas the beta tester must be a bigger fool than you

- Why is the whole map just a cliff box with no attempt of a sky or decent lighting?

- I can't express my sheer pity enough over how stupid you must feel after realising you took a screenshot of very very bad texture alignment, which you have now let everyone see before they even got your map

- Finally, you have just blatantly ignored our sensible suggestions in that horde/arena maps WILL NOT go down well unless you have some sort of creative objective/walkthrough element aiding the gameplay.
    what the heck??? I made this thread as a sample ALPHA BETA map... you aren't even playing the newer versions of it BMW So take a hike... Its gonna have sky good textures secrets... so you can't talk about crap since you didn't see my newest version of it... its got boxes.. its cliffs *Not box cliffs* its gonna turn out great... and I'm sorry this has to go to yer head... you get one lousey map in a map pack and you think yer god.... well news flash putting peoples maps down to make yers look better makes you look like a jerk.

and another thing... I've seen people playing my maps whereas I rarely see incoming being played..

One day I will make a map good enough to make it in a pack too..

Have been... Shall be
    yea well, next time can ya not make an alpha beta holy jesus, jus finish it off and post it wihtout ANY spotted bugs.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Man, what's with cussing out 007, his maps might not be the best, but you've got 2 give him a break. If you think his maps suck, you'd absolutly hate one if I made it. Believe me, 007 makes a far better mapper than I would be.

Have been... Shall be
    we`r not... cussing we`r just ... saying
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast