heres the beta
    i released it because i ran out of ideas
    does anyone have ideas?
    please give me the ideas
    and give some feedback
    and remember ITS A BETA

http://www.geocities.com/freaking_ne...nderworld2.zip

Copy and paste in new window(geocities)
    Last edited by Freaking Neo; 19-03-2002 at 03:44 PM.

cool... make the rockets blowable they were sweeeeeet!

I'm going to try and i'll post a response later.
    ½

il make the rockets breakable
    what did you think of the map mutantmfm??

Not a bad map but a little to plain and the only error i saw was the osprey would sometimes fly backwards but over all a fun with the right amount of players. Try and make it more of a walk through map. And i know its a beta these are just idea for your map.
    Last edited by MutantMFM; 20-03-2002 at 04:18 PM.
    ½

Below Average

- Definitely more detail needed practically everwhere.
    - Unoriginal, basically just kill the osprey that circles round and round in a square area.
    - Osprey area too big, I often couldn't see the other side of the field.
    - My game crashed when I entered the scientist room. Unless there was something amazing in that room I couldn't see anything original in the map.

Still, I know you guys are gonna whine at me saying "Give him a break it's a fucking beta you nonce" so I'll give my proper verdict when I see the final release. But from this beta I don't really see anything good, sorry neo.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

i think thats because you use hd pack sci or something
    because when i had hd pack model my map crashed at sci room because it missed the Pondering animation
    *ponders*

umm...

the link doesnt work...

Re: Underworld2 Beta

Originally posted by Freaking Neo

http://www.geocities.com/freaking_ne...nderworld2.zip

Copy and paste in new window(geocities)
    Maybe if you took a little time to READ the post?

I have the HD scis and it didn't crash for me wonder why it did for you?
    ½

Well I just looked over this map with the dreadful EYE OF MAPPING and here are some points that need sum fix :

1. The idea is fine.. but it looks soooooo boring. You should not use the same texure for the walls as for the ground. The walls are flat too. Make them with more curves so it looks more real. Same is for the cave where you start. Make it more curvy and detailed.

2nd. There is allot of ammo and that makes this a spam map. Be sure that ppl have just enough ammo to kill that osprey. Now its more fire 3-4 rockets on it-die-respawn-shoot 3-4 again-die-respawn. That makes it boring.

3rd. The oudside area must have some more cover. Now you have a big open field with allot of space to run around. Instead of that you could place some big rocks around so players can hide behind there. Another nice idea is to make a deserted grunt bunker where players can hide in. Maybe a automatic gun would make the map more fun, one guy keeps the grunts away while others try to get that osprey down with their shotgun or 9mmAR. All these elements make the map look more detailed and interresting too.

4. When you blow up the osprey you get into that satelitroom with the g-man and thats quite the end. You could make this a completly new sort of map to first have it a horde/osprey function, and then it turns into a missionbased/walktrough map. That could be really fun, make a bit of a story behind it. Why are you in that cave ? What is the gman`s job in the map ? Are there any objectives you need to achive ? (Tip: like killing the osprey that can give you free entrance to a grunt bunker where you have to battle your way to the satelite room and prevent the launch some sort of rocket that could kill the whole world !! ( just an idea ofcourse, I leave the rest of the story to you) )

5. Be sure to use those texures right. That well... "door" that used to be about 12 times smaller in real.

Use the crap that I just metioned and it could be on the way to a quality map ! Ofcourse it`s in your hands.. For more check some tutorials on vladitude or Valve-erc. Feel free to contact me on any details.