Thread: 007_GargFight (FINAL!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Have been... Shall be
    ya know, BMT is just speaking the truth, 007 maps are kinda bad, and garghunts and hordes are boring anyway.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

okay im getting sick of this, its obvious you cant take having your map put down. Do you really think you can post any map on here and get 100% positive response? This is the point of the showcase, to receive response. And if you post a bad map, you will get a bad response. Stop being such a baby 007 and admit your map sucks.

You've had enough chances but you've just ignored us, now you will get what's coming to you in a more unpolite way.

Your maps are bad, go and practice.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

You know for someone trying to help giving suggestions u've posted 6 crap posts about how much it sux... thats not help thats put down.. I didn't ask for you're opinion... infact I told u don't even come in my map threads if u wanna try to put people down... Not my fault u complain cuz its yer nature.

its pretty bad when people have to stand up for me in my own thread cuase you complain so much... and I've talked to alot of people who don't like you're additude.

if you dont like his maps dont post in the topic
    or only say that you dont like the map 1 time not 6 times
    and in 1 of his threads you sayd his beta testers from his maps where even dumber then 007
    not true whe are just friends and whe test our maps
    so take that back

-Sincerly mine
    Freaking Neo[MTR]

Have been... Shall be
    but he said it ounce and u seem to be completly ignoring the fact.

WAKE UP!
    that map is kinda crap.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

These threads has gone from bad to worse IMO. First off: Let 007, know what are bad and good points instead of (which is basically what has been done) saying "This is crap" a bunch of times. Telling him his maps are crap wont make them better. Constructive criticism. Ok, the map: This is your best map so far, i think, but you map a little fast. Put more effort into each map and release less of them, mkay? If you're not satisfied with a map / its just a test, dont release it. Leave it in your map pile, so you can go back and think "Ah.. that was when i learned this and that". Example: Your first few maps, were, quite clearly, lame, and should never have seen the showcase. Oh, and a few last things: i saw a few odd crate textures here and there, and the crates have a BIT high health

Manager
    Maybe its time I say what I want here.

007, as for the mapping, I started the same way as you (well I did built more in my maps then you), got bad notes for them, telling I needed to improve, need to read some tutorials. I did.. and my maps improved !

For you the story went the other way. You started off with a very bad noob map (like me) you got told what to do about it and got suggestions. But now you didn`t go and improved your map. No, you take a new map, hollow and carve a bit and post your new-5-minute-crap again. That`s making ppl a bit pissed so I can understand the flaming of BMT. I don`t think BMT should freak so much like he is doing now, but he has a point.

If you want to make a good map then make a cool maps that you`ve been working on for a month or so. Then post it. We will give some feedback. Then you must look again at your map. Improve it allot. Then post a better version. That`s making you feel better, making ppl more happy with your maps.

Don`t think I`m against you, I really want you to be a good mapper but that takes time. And if you need any help on idea`s,/mapping or anything, just ask me. I can give you something important now : Be origional ! Don`t make another garghunt, we`ve seen that allready. Make something new, that makes you say : Man, now I`m really working above my skillz ! That`s the key.

As for the flaming. Give it up and make friends again, BMT and 007. You could better help eachother. And if 007 decides to follow my advice then I would really like to see BMT`s feedback in his new map !

Have been... Shall be
    i`am sure i remeber ALREADY telling him the bad points of his map making skills, and then ANOTHER map is out and still, not MANY bug fixes and/or is any better that the last map.
    p.s STILL no sky.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Manager
    Just what I said DM.. he isn`t really doing much with the feedback. He thinks its soo bad that he trows the map away then starts off the same way.. He must go on with the map, that`s the real mapping spirit, expectially when you are a newbie!

Have been... Shall be
    the last post i read was Qualjyn_Zhilahj then when i finally loaded up and posted MY post then u musta done that orignal post of yours.

if that made any sense?

hmmmm i thought, BMT freaked out BEFORE then he apoologised and then now hes freaked out again. is he having mood swings?
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

okay last post, the design is alright, apart from the boxy nature.. there.. a good point, you're design is okay.. but the type of map, the texturing, the architecture and the lighting is unsatisfactory... Right im out, i wont give my negative responses anymore..

Ofcourse you understand if there is noone to give negative comments 007 will believe he is a good mapper and this wont help him improve.. but what the hell, what do i care, im out of this, i will no longer comment on ANY of 007's maps.. toodles.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

Manager
    It`s not BMT to blame.. he was misunderstood by 007, and that made him being angry

BMT I liked that post.. it was good because you told me what needed improving... you know if someone hears enough of something they start to believe it and all I heard from you was negitave negitave negative so I was only trying to get you to stop so you wouldn't make me give ALL hope up thinking I could not map worth beans.

Manager
    Right 007, now you should work on a map that can make the others.. ofcourse you wont make it the first time.. not maybe the 2nd time.. but then after a while of mapping ppl will congratulate you on your map..

Yep I'm working on a top secret map... won't be released for awhile... gota lota work to do.

hi 007 - just curious....

Is the secret room - gman called 007 in a box?

How long have ya been working on this map? (hours)

How old are ya? (years)
    "What do you mean its not working?...I just fixed it.."

il answer 2 of them for 007:

no g-man isnt the secret room
    he is 12

Pissed off and good to go Black Cat's Avatar
    Boy oh boy.... if MJ was still here u would wish u'd never signed up fOO!

They aren't excatly the next Svencoop but atleast they don't suck mine!!!
    There is no god but MJ and Kaneda is his prophet.

Arr he's 12? Well then, come on guys give him a break - at least he's trying.... I'm sure that the main amount of experienced mappers are alot older than him (Me included - im so old i shouldnt be playing & mapping games ! - Bah!)

PS then is the secret room the bunch of stuff behind the boxes at the spawning point?
    Last edited by MrOrange; 23-03-2002 at 05:50 AM.

no that isnt the secret

in that case it has to be that weird small room with nothing in it - to get to it you need to go through that water tunnel...?

Jesus Christ... this thread is a mess...

Anyway... I played the map. What i would like to know is how this map has higher r_speeds than my map, despite the fact it is much smaller... ah well. The architecture was pretty bad, considering almost 80% of the level were crate prefabs, and the rest was a few blocks.

Please dont take offense from this post, just stating my opinion.

Also, this thread is really on the edge. Any more flames and im going to DR it.

Originally posted by MrOrange
    in that case it has to be that weird small room with nothing in it - to get to it you need to go through that water tunnel...?
    nope

Welcome to hell! Spend your time in hell! I could try to change it but it suits me too well...
    bloody hell . i only ever delted one map (crisis1) cos it crashed the server . now this .
    007 these guys are telling you how to be a better mapper , and bmt is a better mapper . rather than take offence , try listening to his criticisms . maybe then youd know what your doing wrong . the layout is poor and its beyond ugly .
    also the worst maps to play are the garg ones where theres no skill involed jsut spawn attack garg die respawn .
    a good map for svencoop involves everyone working together to get through a map , like shattered , wired ,

Pissed off and good to go Black Cat's Avatar
    I agree, I like maps where there's an MP5 and 250 ammo ripe for th' pickin'
    There is no god but MJ and Kaneda is his prophet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast