Thread: 007_GargFight (FINAL!!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Smile

I supose that if i were to make some pointers for ya 007, i would suggest you stay away from creating box style rooms, also tidy your objects up, it takes time, but it improves the maps r'speeds no end, i mean, if you decompile your map and bung it into wc, you can see that you have sandbags running through most of one wall, there's holes where there shouldnt be....and so on, like the others say dont take this the wrong way - but you need to practise on maping more, so.... practice,practice,practice then practice some more, some mappers take months before they release one map - but its a good map and people come back to it time and time again... i assume that thats the sort of map you want to make, take your time with mapping, your new, your 12 and you have alot to learn ...but even the most experienced mappers learn new stuff... so heads up, think of a idea, stick to it, take your time, look at other maps, see how things are done, and test it over and over and over again, with and without other players until your absolutley sure its ready, totaly finished, bugfixed and final.. if you take your time with your map you will take pride in it... There did i waffle on enough for ya..? Go forth and map!
    "What do you mean its not working?...I just fixed it.."

lol I was working on a cool map... but it has so many flaws to it... it could never work.. so I am going to map plan B... thanx for constructive critisisum..
    I'll work harder...

I'll release a map in a few months... BTW MR.ORANGE... look near the HEV and Health Charger area... press yer "use" key ALL around inside that lil building.. You'll see the secret

Have been... Shall be
    hmmmmmm ok.

its not gonna be the babygarghunt map in ur sig is it?
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

No.. I was orignally making a map called SWAT and u'd respond to calls at the bank the movies and even a bar fight and even gangs... but it would be too compicated...

Have been... Shall be
    hmmmmm does sound compicated.

sounds more like a mod than a map.

oh well back to antoher choice of map.

you could have a shot at making another type of AvatarRoom, jus not make it identicall to mine.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Manager
    Nah DrunkMonkey, that would be quite boring.. we allready got an avatar map, let him come up with something more origional He can do it..

lol actually... If you want Hezus... I will e-mail u the RMF of my started 'swat' map... maybe you can make something better of it... just got back from being grounded!!! :eek: :eek:

anyway if u want the map rmf hezus pm me... BTW My 007_GargFight map was inspired by hezus' Gargwarehouse map thingy

Have been... Shall be
    i think hezzus, is busy perfecting his training course thingie.
    but, could ya give it me, plzzz jus wanna lookie at it, sounds cool. i don`t think u can PM indivudal files. BUT! u can zip it with a password and post it here and PM me tha password.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Sorry drunky... when I took cs retail off.. and put HL retail on I kinda forgot to save it.... maybe I can salvage it.. if I can I'll give ya it.

sorry bud.... lost it... I can reconstruct it tho.... I have photographic memory.

Have been... Shall be
    HMMMMMM righty.

well if u want and not mind then go ahead, and reconstruct it useing the power of ur photographic memory for the poweres of gooood, NO don`t turn to the dark side.! NOOOO

i mean... yea remake it man.

hmmmm jus been thinking about this map and, i i would be able to make it with teleporters and stuff, its jus, need urban textures and things. i thnk poke646 can supply dat.
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Manager
    Well, 007 let me see the map.. I ain`t gonna end it myself but if it`s looking good in my opinion than I`ll give you some tips.

Drunk : I didn`t work on the TC last weeks. That "do we need a TC" discussion is coming up again by some guys.. So I first want green light for my TC. Else I`m working on something that I can trow away again...

Have been... Shall be
    righty then...
    DrunkMonkey`s sig

Ahhh looky here!

Hey turns out I still have it saved !

So here it is... I didn't get that far with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

yo

yo.. 007 i think what you should do is start with the basic map style first... most mappers have been around awhile enough that when they first played sven all it was is deathmatch vs monsters...those maps were not very neatly done and were new at it also, but since it wasnt a very complx map it didnt matter! most all of the new ideas were formed from the basic ideas of the old maps... but a different scenario... take the map dropzone for example ... you drop out of an airplane into a pit of respawning grunts.. maybe use the plane idea and start with that! examine the basic maps first.. it might help.!!
    ---Beast---

The one,The only,The Dude NeWaBoRtIoN's Avatar
    lol dude u know how old this post is?! let it RIP man...
    A_dude_with_boots@hotmail.com
    ^--my e-mail add me to you're msn messanger XD
    ICQ makes me crash
    And AOL Thinks i have a foot fetish -_-'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123