Thread: Darkvoyage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hmmmm appaers another piece of work has just gone down the drain
    Back occasionally after a long break from svencoop

Damn

That sucks!

I seem to have misplaced my pants... Crazy Canadian's Avatar
    Oh well, it's not like I won't re-make it. I still have the layout pinned up in my room. I've learned so much more about mapping since I made the original. I always wanted to remake it using some of the stuff I learned while mapping for cs, tfc and svencoop. Svencoop actualy teaches ( well, forces you to learn ) a lot of mapping techniques. You gotta learn em to keep up with the pack. Anyways, that's my speech on why I love svencoop haha.
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Sounds good

Will be watching for future maps from you.

And let me guess, no one have the map and cant upload it?

I dont remember this map and im sure i dont have it, this is still from the time that Mad Jonesy was here soo, he problably have it.

Im sure that somoane else have it too
    "I used to do pretty things with signature spaces. Now I'm out of ideas"

Originally posted by Felix
    And let me guess, no one have the map and cant upload it?

I dont remember this map and im sure i dont have it, this is still from the time that Mad Jonesy was here soo, he problably have it.

Im sure that somoane else have it too
    I do... I'm just too lazy to find it tonight. Maybe tomorrow.....if I remember.

Get it boy.....or I'll send chubby after ya

I forgot :S Just found it one of my many cd's. I save all zip/rar/exe files I get from downloading maps, updates, models, and mods .

Uploading now, hopefully I have enough webspace for it. I'll edit post when it's done.

EDIT:

http://home.insightbb.com/~clanhb/darkvoyage.zip
    Last edited by EvilPentaPenguin; 20-10-2003 at 04:53 PM.

Bitchin!

Big hoorah to Evilpentapenguin.

THanks for finding and uploading that :O To save yer site from anymore downloads I uploaded it to my site ( http://www.miragecentral.com )

You can get it here
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

I recommend you move that new link to the first post with the edit function

Want jacked too?

That would be nice
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Uploading now. I took darkvoyage off my webspace since you have it now.

I'll edit this post when it's fully uploaded and working.

EDIT: http://home.insightbb.com/~clanhb/jacked.zip

I just played the first part and I don't understand why its in BOM since it looks no where near as good as the the current BOM's

Oh yeah and was that gauss and egon place a secret
    I think I might of found it accidentally although I'm not sure if it opens when u kill the garg

BOMS

May not have been as picky back then, not that bad though. I thought was rather good, not sure if BOMS material either however but not my decision.

absolute cherry
    It's way too easy. Could play through both parts without dying even once ON MY OWN. This map seems to suit better as single player maps for HL rather than a Svencoop map

Try raising the difficulty on it, and make sure ALL Gargs will be able to get to you, the way it is now, you can just stand in one spot and throw grenades and missiles at them.

And remove those egon's, they are the surpreme Garg Killing Tool, and shouldnt even be there.

i played it, it was pretty interesting, but there is no way you can beat that by yourself without dying. na ah, impossible.

i managed to get as far as the stargate. when i popped thru and went down that hill, those grunts killed me in about 2 seconds from full health. after several deaths trying to get them, i was forced to use god mode.
    I'm the operator with my pocket calculator.

absolute cherry
    Originally posted by Morgan
    i played it, it was pretty interesting, but there is no way you can beat that by yourself without dying. na ah, impossible.

i managed to get as far as the stargate. when i popped thru and went down that hill, those grunts killed me in about 2 seconds from full health. after several deaths trying to get them, i was forced to use god mode.
    OK, for the part before the stargate, it's simple, just run back and heal yourself at the hundreds of health chargers you find throughout the level

I was surprised by the amount of grunts in the first section of the second map, but they werent that hard. By holding duck all the time, crawl down, shoot a few rounds, go up before they start shooting, then repeating that about 30-40 times or so, and they'll die. That's how I managed it without dying, plus that the hgrunts apparently couldnt get to ya. Seems Canadian needs to work on the layout (enemies should be able to shoot you, either by simply seeing you and shoot you, or to move in and find you once they know you're there)

Yes, my tactic was pretty lame, but it was effective

Plus that placing an egon near a garg is just dumb. Only takes 13 egon ammo to kill those big gargs...

That's the response I got when it first came out, I just felt I should point out this was my first map for HL ( my first released anyways ). Mad Jonsey was doin the showcase at the time and I think the map played the "Secret love for stargate" part of his brain :P

Anyways, if I were to remake this it would only slightly resemble what it does now. I really didn't expect this to go into the showcase. I was real happy about it though, real confidence boost to have Jonsey move it into the showcase. It kept me goin at it.

Hard-drive crashes and steam have really put me off on hl mapping lately. Steam undermines mapping efforts because of the way wad files are handled and I'm not exactly in the financial position where I can go buy that 120gig hd so Im SOL till they change the wad system.

Anyways, I went off on multiple subjects there but meh if you've read this far you obviously dont mind If Jacked is up which I think it is play that through. I personaly think it's a huge leap from DV. Still had a ways to go to being as good as a map by the "Kahunas of Svencoop mapping". What can I say, we all strive to be as good as the best

Oh and the egon was a lame attempt at a secret room haha, it's very easy to find without even knowing it was a secret ( cuz it runs something like "Oooo grenades... and a poor helpless houndeye... hmmm....hmmmmm.... I think I'll throw it at him. *boom* Hmm, what's this... a dark hole in the wall. )

Oh ya... my final... final words: Look at the date of the very first post... It seems some of you are talkin about it like I put it out yesterday. ( annoying at best when I read those comments )
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

lol I remember....Jacked, if its the one I'm thinking of it was the really cool one which I got to the end of and found it wasn't finished......

That train led no where

*woops I was thinking of wrong map :*D

All good.

I liked both maps enough to play them 3 times since I redownloaded them. I remembered Jacked from before but never got a chance to play Darkvoyage. Darkvoyage is good enough to keep on my hard drive and play again, so, good job. LOL.

I don't understand why u guys have a problem with these maps, they're very good. Yes, they are easy, but so what, they're fun, and they don't get boring quickly like a lot of maps do after the first few times of playing them. I thought he did a great job on them all.

ffs none of the maps work.. why dont u attach them?

Please read the above posts. It discusses the fact that this map is long gone. In all honesty you didn't miss much :P
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast