Thread: Long Waited Svencoopadventure!

The Great Brigadier

Long Waited Svencoopadventure!

for those who dont pay attwntion it has returned- for those who do, i am glad you followed.

this is the TEST version. it does not have a TO INSTALL readme, but the final version will.

please, run through the entire level before you judge it (believe me, if you play through it, im sure youll like it)

there are more secrets too.

ifn you find all 3 rocket launcher pieces, you get a rlauncher.

lemme know if i forgot any stupid things.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Brigadiero7- Revolutionizing the way levels are made.
    Completed maps:
    svencoopadventure,clanbattlesALPHA
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

Banned
    im dling it right now

Banned
    hey briagadiero...im having a problem....

when i try to start the map it says it cannot find Eraft.mdl...

i checked my svencoop/models/svencoopadventure folder and it has the 2 models [Eraft.mdl,and ErafT.mdl] in there..

can u help me plz

The Great Brigadier

one minute, im gonna check.

lemme check.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

The Great Brigadier

thats really wierd.

check for spelling mistakes in the folder. if thats not it i have no clue.

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\SvenCoop\models\svencoopadventure

thats my directory for the models.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

Banned
    hey thx it works...after i get peeps in my server too really start i tell u how i think of the map

The Great Brigadier

STRADEGY GUIDE

ok. i know this map is confusing (more than the last one)

its basically played the same way, except the levels are better.

(note: SCREEN MIGHT FREEZE! this is normal. it is creating the info_node graph. the time on my computer is about 1 minute (330 mhz, 160 ram)

i suggest you look for secrets- this game will be VERY hard without them. i will give you A secret (mainly because there is an error in it).

BEGINNING: so, we start of looking out of a tunnel. (some english and german text comes up) you see a building infront of you, and two cliffs to the sides. walk out and be attacked by headcrabs. get a partner to open the door with you (hit the eye scanners). the door opens up, and we walk into a portal.

LEVEL 1: We end up at an area with a train. see the light behind the train? shoot it- DO NOT CROWBAR IT (if you crowbar it, the shotgun inside will fall on you and will cause an error). now, we are atleast armed. get on the train and continue. you come to your first gate. look out the left side and you will see a darkened opening. go inside and turn on your flashlight (if i forgot to add in flashlight in console, type in console mp_flashlight 1). go up the stairs and hit the keyboard (you need to aim down more than you think). the gate will open up. no keep going, and pass through more enemies, and you come to your second stop. hit both eyescanners to open it up. keep going, and youll have to face your first boss- alot of marines (hey, if theres 8 people in the server, it wont be that hard). after you kill them all, keep going. there are two buttons. one that lets you enter the next level, and the other that lets you kill the last boss. hit both, the fuel will go on, and you should here a buzz. now return to the outside.

LEVEL 2 (part 1): you should notice that you can now see 2 buttons- get your friend to help you out again as we enter (drums please) the caves. when we first enter, theres a zombie that looks unfriendly. as we continue, there will be various enemies. finally, after felling cramped, you will each a pit of (YES! I CAN SAY IT! FINALLY!) goo. try and jump over it and you will die. instead. look for the button on the side. hit it. what? nothing happened? well, lets see if anything happened outside.

LEVEL 3 (part 1): Now that gaint wall blocking our way is gone. get your friend again to help you out. this area requires a bit of teamwork. once you get in, there are alot of assasins. once you kill them, go over to the large switch. start pulling, and youll notice the car lift goes up. have your friend jump on it.as he enters the vents, rush over to the window, so you can see what happens to the assassin (lol, i think that is so funny..well...if you have a friend playing. yes, of course, this is my most detailed area (short because of it). also, your stupid friend is going to fiddle with the coke machine. ok, so he hits the exit button...nbothing happens. instead, make him hit the button on the wall with the vents. this opens up the door you need. well, for payback, lets not let him out of the security room (if you really want to, go over to it and hit the button...but he deserves it). hit the button (on the wall near the.....goo...what happens? nothing. pick up the jumpsuit and leave. go back out side and enter the caves.

LEVEL 2 (part 2): ok, so now, you need to jump over the (I CAN SAY IT AGAIN!) goo, and keep going. dont let the stupid alien slave hurt you though. and we come to our second boss. alot of alien grunts. i really hope you have a better weapon by now. once they are dead, there are two buttons in the room. one activates the button in level 3, the other activates the oxygen. so, back to the warehouse we go.

LEVEL 3 (part 2): ok, now it is much easier (as YOU may think. hit the button that doesnt work. now it works, and the...goo...goes into the other room. arrange the barrelsso they are lined up RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER on the opposite side of COOLANT ECHANGE. thisway, when you longjump, you wont melt in the...goo... raise the...goo...into the room, wait a few seconds and the barrels come into veiw. longjump onto them (you wont die, because you lined them up). after fighting more assassins, you can arrange the boxes. grab the one moveable box that clearly says EXPLOSIVE and DO NOT STACK...now lets think of what to do with it. if its an explosive, and doesnt want to be stacked, what do you think you gotta do with it (only stupid people wont get that one right)? so, the wall has broken, few more assassins, and (yes you can play with the computer, but it doesnt do anything...just highlights the numbers next to it in red). hit the other button, and the saftey hood is now on. lets go outside and see if anything happened.

LEVEL 4: hmm...nothing. lets return to where we started. if you havent noticed, the gate way to the last level has been open the entire time- but you cant do anything except turn the power on. so lets go do that. its very dark, so turn on your flashlight. UHH OHH! ITS SOME TENTICLES...NOT ONLY THAT, BUT ITS DARK! so jump down, and run right. go up the ladder and turn the power on. now you can see somewhat. Now, jump down and now you can see the area (to your right i belive). now go up that ladder. now notice how each one is ON. well, lets test fire it. text should come up that says "THE SHELL HAS BROKEN! KILL IT NOW" or something like that.. now what do you shoot? well, there should be some wierd thing in the center of the tentacles. stay where you are and shoot it. once it has been broken, YOU WIN!

you might now have notied it, but Eraft is in a small cage (from when you first jump down) to the foward right corner.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

The Great Brigadier

feedback?

anyone have feedback?
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

Banned
    i still haven't played with more than 2 peeps

if u have aim or icq we could probly play together

AIM=deejay8595
    icq=153944959

The Great Brigadier
    im brigadier07 on aim. ill sign on now
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

The Great Brigadier

come on

come on people i worked hard on this one...please test it.
    big D played it with me and he said he loved the map (i then isaid i was a better mapper than him and he was older, but thats irrelevant)..so please test it out!
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

The Great Brigadier

SERVER WILL BE RUNNING!

my friend will be running a server at 7:05 pm est (6:05 cnt, 5:05 mtn 4:05 pfc)

it will be running svencoopadventure. the server will be called Hand of God (thats my friends name).

he said the map looks like i didnt make it (cuz if you played the 1st one, your looking into a whole new world in which i literally created the environment)
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

hey, very cool map!
    Hello there.

The Great Brigadier
    the higher a rating this gets, the more likle itll go into the next version.

(i really dont think anything i make will, mainly cuz i think sven viking ignores me...i sent him 3 emails with no reply)

anyways, i tested it out (with more that 2 people! YEAH!) they all liked it (which is GOOD). i have seen some errors (mainly text coordination, and monster placement [some ended up in the ceiling] errors, all that can be fixed easily).

i heard something about a leak in the caves. i dont know where it is, but ill take a look for it.

anyways, i BEG you please RATE THIS MAP!

(its under the bottom post reply..it says RATE THIS THREAD)

anyways, heres the "new" checklist...(btw, when this map has no errors, and if mr.magic likes it, its going on his server)

fix textures
    move monster makers
    add in more jumpsuits (so you dont need to wait as long)
    add in a text guide (after you hit the first button it will say "go to the warehouse"
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

I seem to have misplaced my pants... Crazy Canadian's Avatar
    I liked it. Add a few more in-game instructions and compile using Zoners Compile Tools. Here's the address for the vgui I told you about.

http://www.planethalflife.com/eddi/

The vgui makes zoners tools realy easy to use.
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

I need a link to your new version of your map post it please.
    ½

The Great Brigadier
    its at the very top (first post).

as for the debugging, i dont know when i can start because my bro is going to reformat my comp, so i must get alll important info into on spot to keep it (hes burning everything onto a cd).

and just incase that doesnt work, im still copying the .rmf onto a disk.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

The Great Brigadier
    We are running a server again at 7:00. i ask that anyone that hasnt tried it out to join.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

MegaMonsterMassacreMapper DeathBog's Avatar
    I played the map with 2 people, and though it is a ton better than the original, you still have a lot to learn about a thingh called polish.
    Misaligned textures were all over the place, and many of the monsters spawned inside the ceiling. Also, you need to enable flashlight in the cfg; there are to many dark parts for no flashlight.

I like the concept though: having 3 different ways to go is a welcome change, and all the puzzles definitely add flavor.

Overall I like the map, but as I said, it needs polish.
    Behold the DeathBog, Sven Co-op Team Mapper. Maps in 2.0 Final: JailBreaks 1 and 2, SvenCoopRPGs 1 and 2, MegaMonsterMassacre.

The Great Brigadier
    lol thats why it was a test version...i couldnt do anything by myself, so i had to release it- this one is definatly going all the way.
    Completed maps:
    Maps (in progress):
    legendofzelda (10%)
    ECSS

Nice work - ran it on my server the other night - no probs - works great - if a little confussing at first - its a very good idea - ps dont 4get to tidy ya textures! Anyone wanting to play this map - its running on HungryForMaps server.

pps you have a large leak occuring on the level you get the longjump, after that hugh bath of acid - you shoot out those boxes to reveal a room - the link between the rooms - theres a large hole - mind the gap!
    "What do you mean its not working?...I just fixed it.."