Thread: Jacked

I seem to have misplaced my pants... Crazy Canadian's Avatar

Jacked

Alright here's my second release for SvenCoop. Here's the stroy:

You and your team of elite mercinaries break into a top secret science facility. Your goal is to steal a weapon being developed there. You'll run into Grunts, aliens and even man Eating SeaBass

There is a way to finish it. If a lot of people can't figure it out I'll tell ya exactly what to do. Hint* What's the target on the big red door for?

Download: http://www3.sympatico.ca/hackerj/jacked.zip (2.5MB Zipped)
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Exclamation Play Test

I'm testing the map ( again ) on my server. Look for "Trd Mapping: Map test"
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Not bad, the architecture is above average, the layout is great. Most texturing is fine, just a little door fix here and there.

I don't exactly know what happened fully, but the stories a bit, mixed up I was walking down an empty corridor, then i turned around and a garg was sitting there for no reason.. uhmm..

It should be in best of showcase, as compared to some recent best of showcase entries this is waaaay better.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

The garg isn't there for no reason, although it ud be weird to see it spawn. There are 3 objectives.

1) Cross the compound and turn off the security. This causes the garg to spawn in the lobby plus a few other events.

2) Cross the compund again and steal the weapon ( the gauss rifle )

3) Escape! You need the gauss to complete the map, as you have to shoot through a door to end the map.

I'm hoping to add more details and few fixes you and Ike pointed out and maybe fix some issues with the flow of the level.
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Why isn't this in "best of" yet?

Glad you pointed out the objectives, makes it easier to understand now One more thing, what IS that... block with the lift texture doing? Behind the end door?
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire

Manager
    BMT.. Be very careful with the Best of Showcase. Most maps really need work. The quality of maps must be allot higher then for a few months. Look in the Best of Showcase. I`m leading there with 3 entry`s but those can`t really match with todays new come Svencoop maps.

Tho I don`t understand why uncompleted or Beta`s get in there ? My opinion is that maps must be done to get there.

I didn`t tested this map yet, still downloading. I`ll give some feedback later.

Listen man I'm comparing here. Recently two maps that I think didn't deserve it were put in "best of", now two maps (this and the oddly named coop) that i like have been released and compared to them are twice as good, they should be in "best of" no questions asked compared to the previous two.

I just finished updating the Zip file. it now has a slightly better ending. Should add at least 8 minutes of gameplay As for the weird textured post type thing BMT has been hung up on since he saw it It was a texturing mistake. It should have had a power box texture. It's purpose is so you need the gauss to open the doors. The gauss being the only weapon available with the ability to shoot through the door using it's secondary fire. ( Aim for the target on the big red door ) Anyways this is the final version unless there's something horribly wrong that takes away for the playability. My goal I had when I started has been completed ( Make the best damn map I've ever made ) My next project will be a redone version of DarkVoyage. When I look at it, I see ways it could have been much better.

Download Jacked: http://www3.symaptico.ca/hackerj/jacked.zip
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Manager
    I think it quite needs some more detail. The inside piece of the map is quite nice at architecture but the outside texture really needs some work.

Altho.. I`m really suprised about the good gameplay. That`s very nice. Be sure the garg doesn`t walk into small rooms otherwise that looks stupid because his head is in the ceiling.

Ya,I took the garg out and replaced it with a big momma. The garg just looked stupid and caused people to camp on the grenade spawn so they could get a bannabomb
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Originally posted by Crazy Canadian
    Ya,I took the garg out and replaced it with a big momma. The garg just looked stupid and caused people to camp on the grenade spawn so they could get a bannabomb
    knock bananabomb off and weapon stay on :P

Weaponstay is already on in the cfg. I think im gonna update the zip file soon wth some detail upgrades, and some other things. I've alreay started Jacked 2. This time forget about the guns, yer employer wants something, bigger. I'll leave you to ponder what it could be about.
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

*****is-not
    I'll shift a bunch of maps to best of in a bit.. been too busy to check the sudden flood of new maps.

It doesn't really matter too much for the mo, its mainly to help with map pack organisation and I'm fairly sure we won't release any more map packs until after 2.0 final I might see about stringing a few quick ones together. There will be a few changes to the existing two map packs after 2.0 final is released to reflect the maps that are going into it.
    Butemam! Gonomes? Revive?

nice map - njoyed playin it the other night
    "What do you mean its not working?...I just fixed it.."

Once again...

Url isn't working, please provide working urls to your maps so we can all enjoy them

They've been deleted off that webserver and sadly due to a hard drive crash deleted off my pc also. The Lesson: Put your work on CD or Floppy
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

shit

Look for the Dark Voyage thread... an updated jacked link is there ( hosted by someone else )
    Toasted, nicely toasted.

Originally posted by Crazy Canadian
    Look for the Dark Voyage thread... an updated jacked link is there ( hosted by someone else )
    That'd be me ^______^