Thread: -=Preperation_Y!! The sequel to Preperation_X!!=-

-=Preperation_Y!! The sequel to Preperation_X!!=-

OK!! THIS IS WHAT U HAVE TO DO TO GET THE MAP!:

if the link that The_Real_Game does NOT work, do this, im going to post 2 files, both are the Preperation_Y map, only they are in 2 parts... Download the 1st and 2nd part and put the files in the correct places (if you dont know there is a readme which will tell you) and the map should work!!!! if it doesnt email me at ferret_9927@hotmail.com

Have fun,
    Alex Roycewicz aka the.professional

email: ferret_9927@hotmail.com

P.S.

This is the FINAL version of the maps and i hope to see them included in a map pack (hint hint) or on some servers. And i was really happy to see that my Preperation_X maps were in a map pack a while ago.

Last edited by ThE.PrOFeSSiONaL; 20-06-2002 at 08:56 AM.

im a cop you idiot The-Real-Game's Avatar

The OP is a nub

Ok just cleaning this thread up a bit, and the other one...

If when you click on the link above you get the message:
    "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!"
    Don't worry, go away for a bit, come back, and click again to see if the sites back up. Unfortunately this is a geocities site, and that means the site will keep crashing from too many visitors. You just have to wait until it comes back up again.

Also take note that when you start some of the maps it might appear your computer has 'crashed'. Don't worry, it hasn't, it's just building a node graph. Leave it a bit, and it'll load up.
    Last edited by Mutant; 20-06-2002 at 08:23 AM.

THE 1st FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if the link that The_Real_Game does NOT work, do this, im going to post 2 files, both are the Preperation_Y map, only they are in 2 parts... Download the 1st and 2nd part and put the files in the correct places (if you dont know there is a readme which will tell you) and the map should work!!!! if it doesnt email me at ferret_9927@hotmail.com

THE 1ST FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really dont know how 2 use these damn forums so plz dont hate me for screwin everything up......
    Attached Files Attached Files

THE 2nd FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE 2ND FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Some ones a little full of himself "!!!!!!"

For some reason your 1st map ran fine went in the sewer thing and the map changed and it froze did the same thing on my other computer said queue is full or somthing.

Specs
    1.9 p4 gig of pc800 rd ram

I was never able to play the 3rd level Preperation_X, it just locked up my computer.

before the 3rd level froze at a map change from a previous map but i just exited it out and redid it and it worked.

reasons for lock ups

if your computer does decide to lock up, just leave it on... because i built a huge node graph (its like the AI for the monsters) and that node graph takes a long time to load on alot of computers. So if your computer freezes, just leave it for 10 min.... go watch tv or something..... if you come back after 10 min and it still is frozen, then your computer may have crashed. But if your computer is 500mHz or lower, than it may take more than 10 min. But once the node graph is done building, then you never have to do it again.

~Alex Roycewicz aka the.professional

email: Ferret_9927@hotmail.com

Manager
    Lets give some comment to this.

Generally :
    I played tru the 3 maps and I noticed they are sooo short, they could be packed into one map.. you start of kill a few monsters go into the pipe and thers a loading point. Second you need a large player spawn. Think what happens if we all need to spawn in the pipe. We would all telefrag. Make sure you have room to spawn with a few players.

Gameplay :
    I must say, its bad on this map. Skill 3 really gets me angry here after 20 times of dying. Its better to put the skill on 1 or 2 and place the monsters more tactically so they do more damage that way. And really, 4 HWgrunts with 8000 hp ? I know you want a hard bossmonster but this is really spam. Be sure to take these out of the map.

Architecture :
    I liked the architecture. I guess you used a bit of prefabs but the car park showed some nice visiuals. Tho that changed in the 3rd map. The walls are quite boring.

Look at the points and try to improve. I missed alot of SvenCoop in this and I`m sure you tried to make a real SvenCoop map and not a gimmick one.

When you ask me to rate this like its now I give a 40 %.

the fault

preperation x would be good if the third map was more evenly matched. i don't like the idea of 357's only vs human grunts with more than 5000 health and helecopters with 100,000 health, it's just too too boring.

Mobile Suit Launch OK Guncannon's Avatar
    Yeah, its so true... It takes at least a party of 5 ppl to kill that darn apache....
    Long live the United Federation!!!!

I guess my brother just wants it to enforce teamplay
    800th post - 8/9/03 (100 posts in 9 days! )
    [COLOR=orange][B]---------->TC'S PERSONNAL MODEL SITE<----------

Manager
    Don't change the things with high hp. That's what makes the map fun.

Why the fuck did you reply to a 3 month old topic?
    And your post didnt even make sense

Sound Dude

Originally posted by (GIT)r-man
    clicky
    lol!

Best of luck to you, 60MB )MD2(AztecWarrior's Avatar
    Don't name your prequel Preparation H. That's a hemhorroid cream
    "And the American colonials called them 'Lobstertails!' Them are fightin' words!"

-US History teacher, on the Boston Massacre